Who Wants the Anniversary Packs?

Comments

• Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Careful people. Say something the GM's don't like and they'll ban you. I know a few who have been banned for simply expressing themselves about this matter. They didn't swear or anything, but yet they got banned because they chose to have a voice.

And they weren't even temporary bans, nor did they get any warnings. Perma-bans right on the spot.

That's because they're just the players, and they don't really matter.
    b:bye
  • iamthegodofwar
    iamthegodofwar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    That's because they're just the players, and they don't really matter.

Well said. Who care if they dumped some of their hard earned money into the game, only to be banned for having an opinion, right?

Anybody else have a problem with this?

Edit: So far, almost 80% of the community don't want these packs in, and feel the same way. You plan on banning 80% of the community now too?
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well said. Who care if they dumped some of their hard earned money into the game, only to be banned for having an opinion, right?

Anybody else have a problem with this?

It doesn't matter if we have a problem with it >.>
    b:bye
  • iamthegodofwar
    iamthegodofwar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It doesn't matter if we have a problem with it >.>

I can't argue with that. Well said again.
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I used to charge Zen monthly, up until after the first AnniPack event. I stopped charging when they came around a second time, and definitely won't be buying Zen anymore - nor charging Zen slowly, over time, for a legendary pet - for the simple reason that I really dislike blatant market schemes on a game that is advertised as free-to-play, yet is starting to decline into a game that is impossible to play without cash-shop items if you're in any way competitive and/or don't want to be third/fourth/fifth choice when squads are made.

I'm not going to quit: some of my friends are here, and I play this game to relax from a stressful job. Competition doesn't matter to me - I don't care how fast I level or on how many squads I lose out because I don't have XX or refuse to buy MP charms for 1.5 million coins or more.

I'm probably repeating what was already said before, but the damage to PWI is done - not only in the form of people leaving because they feel they can't compete, or because they got sick of the marketing scheme. They're also going to lose customers who just refuse to charge any more Zen, and have already stopped spending real money on this game.
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Packs will come back eventually, whether u want em to or not, pw makes a nice sum with em. personally, i dgaf if they stay or go. if the stay, i get subs for TT runs and cheap shards :P if they go, then i get cheaper charms b:laugh i think i win either way b:pleased
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I used to charge Zen monthly, up until after the first AnniPack event. I stopped charging when they came around a second time, and definitely won't be buying Zen anymore - nor charging Zen slowly, over time, for a legendary pet - for the simple reason that I really dislike blatant market schemes on a game that is advertised as free-to-play, yet is starting to decline into a game that is impossible to play without cash-shop items if you're in any way competitive and/or don't want to be third/fourth/fifth choice when squads are made.

I'm not going to quit: some of my friends are here, and I play this game to relax from a stressful job. Competition doesn't matter to me - I don't care how fast I level or on how many squads I lose out because I don't have XX or refuse to buy MP charms for 1.5 million coins or more.

I'm probably repeating what was already said before, but the damage to PWI is done - not only in the form of people leaving because they feel they can't compete, or because they got sick of the marketing scheme. They're also going to lose customers who just refuse to charge any more Zen, and have already stopped spending real money on this game.

I agree fully. The only problem is that PWI will always have those idiots that dump hundreds, even thousands, of dollars into this game monthly (some even weekly).

Let's see. Social rejects IRL, but they have an awesome bow in-game. Yeah, I see the logic there.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree fully. The only problem is that PWI will always have those idiots that dump hundreds, even thousands, of dollars into this game monthly (some even weekly).

Let's see. Social rejects IRL, but they have an awesome bow in-game. Yeah, I see the logic there.

Why are you so bitter that some people like the game and happen to be rich?

This is the second post you make putting down people with money....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited November 2009
    Then read my other post on the reason.
    edited November 2009
    Then read my other post on the reason.

And you have the reasons backwards...

Gold sellers = good. They make it so we get to play the game for free.
    Coin sellers = greedy = bad, they decide at what price to buy gold, causing the price of gold to go up and down.

You see, gold sellers can only try to sell their gold, however it is the coin sellers that decide what price to pay for the gold, therefore they are the ones that dictate what the price of gold will be.

If you want to place blame somewhere, put it on the people that have large amounts of in-game coin and that buy gold with coins only. Those are the ones that are playing the gold market at the expense of everyone else.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • EvAx - Sanctuary
    EvAx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The anni packs are annoying.. They take them out but they almost immediately put them back in.. Why? prob to make a profit without a care of the in-game economy. Btw.. what's wrong with spending money on a game that you like. As long as you can pay for everything else you need/want. I don't mind spending a thousand dollars a month or even weekly if I had the kind of income to support that kind of luxury.

@TheGodOfVVar
    "Let's see. Social rejects IRL, but they have an awesome bow in-game. Yeah, I see the logic there."
    I couldn't care less about your other posts/reasons when your logic is quite faulty itself.
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If people want to pay a ton of money so they can win, then they can do that. But I think deep down, no one really wants that. That kind of victory is empty. The joy of success is directly proportional to the challenge. The hardcore people that are now solely funding the game will dwindle in numbers because of this very concept.
    edited November 2009
    If people want to pay a ton of money so they can win, then they can do that. But I think deep down, no one really wants that. That kind of victory is empty. The joy of success is directly proportional to the challenge. The hardcore people that are now solely funding the game will dwindle in numbers because of this very concept.

And they will be replaced with new players.

You cannot say that what gives you pleasure and satisfaction will be same to everyone else. Some people do not care about being the best, they just like shiny stuff and use the game as a chat room, they value having their characters look great and will spend huge amounts of money to make it happen.

Other people love to get everything they have only by their own in-game means.

Others do not have the time to play that much, but have money, so they rather spend some money to help them stay at the same level as their friends.

Personaly, I try not to judge people's playing styles, since they obviously are enjoying how they are playing. I like to get my own things, even if it takes me longer, but that does not mean I will put down someone that decides they rather buy the mats in AH instead of getting them themselves.
  • trufflelove
    trufflelove Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think packs are pretty stupid without Duke shouts. I have no desire to open the stupid things without him. And since I have plenty of money from them for splurg buying I have no need to sell any anymore.
    edited November 2009
    LOL @ the rich kids getting angry. My logic > your existence.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    LOL @ the rich kids getting angry. My logic > your existence.

I havent spent a single cent on this game (i have bought gold w/ coin though) but I think that you're wrong.
    Some "rich" people pay alot of money on the game but they seem ok. You shouldnt make generalisations that people who pay money on games=fail IRL.
    For some people you're right, for others you're wrong.

You cant say that hundreds of people are fail IRL because they spend alot of money on the game. people are different u know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
    edited November 2009
    I havent spent a single cent on this game (i have bought gold w/ coin though) but I think that you're wrong.
    Some "rich" people pay alot of money on the game but they seem ok. You shouldnt make generalisations that people who pay money on games=fail IRL.
    For some people you're right, for others you're wrong.

You cant say that hundreds of people are fail IRL because they spend alot of money on the game. people are different u know.

Fine, I retract my previous statement from "all" to "most".
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If you want to place blame somewhere, put it on the people that have large amounts of in-game coin and that buy gold with coins only. Those are the ones that are playing the gold market at the expense of everyone else.

This very reason is why the packs are horrific. I really dont care much about people getting the Lunar and Frost & OHT uber gears. The biggest, worst problem with these packs is the Tokens of Best Luck being exchenged for 10 mil bank notes. Take that option out and these packs wouldnt be all that harmful to the economy.

Unfortunately as they are now, with a 1/20 (approx) chance to get a token of best luck, thousands of these are coming into the game, and very few being spent on anything other then the Bank notes. Thats creating a huge influx of new coin entering the economy very rapidly. And that is creating people with alot more on hand cash & huge swells of money in people pockets. They can then spend alot more on Gold & the price on the AH goes higher & higher. While fewer and fewer people can afford the higher prices, those that can, can afford more and more gold. Thus the cycle continues, with the inflation growing to higher and faster and greater proportions as long as the packs are in game.

Honestly, remove the bank notes and i really wouldnt care that much about the packs. But as they are now, they are destroying the gold market and the economy as a whole.
    edited November 2009
    A lot of arguing. A lot of bs-ing. A lot of QQ-ing. A lot of everything. Bottom line is this:

Whatever makes PWI money will stay, regardless what effect it has on the community. Greed > all. The rich will remain rich, the poor will remain poor, and the rich will care less that they ruin the game for the poor. Fact. People unloading large amounts of cash into this game inflates the in-game economy to where it is today. The rich kids did this, not us normal average-joe ones. Many people have complained. No one cared. Many left. No one cared. Many stated opinions. Some got banned for no good reason. Oh, and no one cared again. I stated solutions on how to solve this issue. No one listened.

This is the main problem I have. Keep giving money to the PWI powers-that-be when they could care less about their players. Someone doing this is called a fool. A fool who is being taken advantage of.

Instead of helping people, the GM's or mods (or whoever) just ban people. This is a blatant reminder where this game comes from: communist china.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm really disappointed in what the GMs are doing to the game. It's not the game I started playing, it's not the game I enjoyed while leveling up.
    Being good at the game has nothing to do with it. Doesn't matter if you're a good cleric, a great tank... the person who spends the most real money will be the best. The best PKer, the best tank, the best healer, the best DDer, and that's how it works.

I wish I had known this before I spent so much time and energy in this game. I would have picked something else.

Thats exactly what 99% of my friends are saying, many have even reinforced it with their feet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Sorry, but that is SOOOOO not true. Trust me on this one!!
    Oh and to the above ---> The forums IS NOT THE MAJORITY SPEAKING!! The forums actually is a minimal amount of players in comparison to those who actually play the game. There are many who have enver even been to the PWI site except to register b:surrender
    Rose are you saying you think the majority WANT the packs? The dataset doesn't seem to imply that. I"m not disagreeing this is a SMALL dataset, but with the size and the overwhelming voting, its data shoudl be valid and extensible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009

This is the main problem I have. Keep giving money to the PWI powers-that-be when they could care less about their players. Someone doing this is called a fool. A fool who is being taken advantage of.

Instead of helping people, the GM's or mods (or whoever) just ban people. This is a blatant reminder where this game comes from: communist china.

plz STFU all this kind of talk does is a) get u banned b) deter the mods/gm's/dev's attention to stupid talk and away from factual statements. We don't need cultural flames, we need clear polite statements showing our like or dislike for what they are doing and WHY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Rose are you saying you think the majority WANT the packs? The dataset doesn't seem to imply that. I"m not disagreeing this is a SMALL dataset, but with the size and the overwhelming voting, its data shoudl be valid and extensible.

Would you agree that if you were to make a poll asking if people believe in god, that your numbers would be different if you were to give that poll to people attending Sunday Mass versus if you were to give that poll to people attending the Atheists Annual Convention?

Would the results be valid to extrapolate to the general population?

Personaly, I believe that the group of people that post in the forums is a special interest group, and therefore, their opinions are skewed when comparing to the general population. Does that mean the input is invalid? I do not think its invalid, however it should not be confused with the player base opinion either.

As you stated, it will help us make our case much better if people do not say "everyone hates the packs" but instead articulate why they hate the packs themselves.
    edited November 2009
    plz STFU all this kind of talk does is a) get u banned b) deter the mods/gm's/dev's attention to stupid talk and away from factual statements. We don't need cultural flames, we need clear polite statements showing our like or dislike for what they are doing and WHY.

LOL, big talk from someone sitting behind a computer screen. You an e-thug too? Or you just think you have a big e-peen?
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Clicki Jedi

Also. My fries have no salt.

PS

Your fries have no salt either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    LOL, big talk from someone sitting behind a computer screen. You an e-thug too? Or you just think you have a big e-peen?

..? Are you serious with this post? Use your main if you want to talk tough, please. And Bearleeable has a major point. Attack posts lend nothing to a discussion besides someone shouting "I'M TOUGH BECAUSE NO-ONE KNOWS WHO I AM!"

~~~

Back to the original topic: After wandering around the forums/game for a little while, I think it's time the packs are pulled. Not that they're bad, but they've run their course, and it's time to move on. Most people could care less (in game) about them now, and it seems like they've just accepted that the item will continue to be there for a while. Many of my faction members use them to get minor items for less, such as one of the veno's farming packs for tokens to get ulti subs. All she does is farm TT for a few hours, and then moves on to normal questing. Valid use of the packs without exploit.

Most people are just tired of the items, tired of the QQ, and tired of people spamming. I think the vocal people have beaten the rest into the ground with complaints, and apathy has taken over. Maybe we should have something fun come into the game...something easy, but not exploitable for coin. Any ideas? Any at all?
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Maybe we should have something fun come into the game...something easy, but not exploitable for coin. Any ideas? Any at all?

More groups events, rewarding instances, and getting the monthly races working! :D
    The fries now have salt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    I hereby declare this to be the only thread about this issue that will remain open, so that we have a way of collecting feedback. Discuss things in a civilised manner or there will be consequences. All other threads about this will be closed, I'm keeping an eye out for them.

Why thank you b:thanks
    andracil wrote: »
    Of the active playerbase, I'd say about 20% regularly visit forums. Less than 10% frequently posts though.
    And I'm done with closing for now, I think I got everything. If you click new posts, my name shows up as last poster until halfway page 3 b:cute

The low amount of players visiting the forum is why I World Chatted the link to this poll, so we can get a slightly better opinion.
    swgs wrote: »
    OP better change the title. the title says "who wants packs GONE". but the poll ask "do you want pack BACK". I voted yes because i read the title not the quest itself, it will avoid mistake if title and actual question match each other.

That would be a great idea IF I could change the name of the post. Maybe andracil might be able to? or a GM?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Would you agree that if you were to make a poll asking if people believe in god, that your numbers would be different if you were to give that poll to people attending Sunday Mass versus if you were to give that poll to people attending the Atheists Annual Convention?

Would the results be valid to extrapolate to the general population?

Personaly, I believe that the group of people that post in the forums is a special interest group, and therefore, their opinions are skewed when comparing to the general population. Does that mean the input is invalid? I do not think its invalid, however it should not be confused with the player base opinion either.

As you stated, it will help us make our case much better if people do not say "everyone hates the packs" but instead articulate why they hate the packs themselves.

Well, do you not agree that this game is getting less enticing for a newcomer to play "free 2 play" style as they have advertised?
    I would not say its impossible, but how is a newcomer able to support himself to buy a mount in game? From personal experience, getting to lv 40 only raked me 1m+ coins. You could still farm, but now one would have to farm 4x as much as before in order to keep up with the gold prices.

Mounts may not be a necessity in the game, but this is part of the game. How would a beginner able to enjoy the game fully without any of such visual appeals?

Gold prices can never go down, because of the 10mil per 2 best luck tokenss that is injected into the game every hour every day. With the vast choices of newer F2P games out there in the net, what would Perfect World provide to entice such new blood?

All the new trailers feature gorgeous bontique items that supposedly make this game perfect, but would it be perfect when someone new logs into the game and realises that he have to farm for 30hrs+ just for that beautiful mount he have seen in the trailers?

Stop the Packs, Stop the 10mil+++/hr madness that is being injected artificially into the game, Stop denying the population of new blood.

For me, im so adament about this stand as i cant stand the 10mil++/hr in game coins being injected into the economy. In just one hour, a cash shopper can earn what someone else would take months to accomplish. What makes this game a Free to Play game anymore when you cant get the enjoyment of even having a visually appealing item that you like?
    edited November 2009
    Stuff

I agree with your post.

The entry barrier to have enough to be able to get one of the new mounts or even fashion went for around level 40 (assuming people were not using RL money at all) to at least in the 50s, maybe a little higher.

They can still get a panther for the same amount I got mine long long ago, but anything new, I have to agree that it went up in effort.

Since I am addicted to fashion, I can see where you coming from about having the cool visualy apealing stuff while playing.