HA/Hammer cleric

YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
Ok so, there's another wierd class build:

Cleric using Heavy armor and Hammers/Double hammers/etc. weapon.

So, every two levels, put 6 strenght, 1vit, 2mag and 1 dext.

Go for DD skills and 1 healing skill

Way to fight:

1-Change your weapon to a magic one and use a ranged DD skill.
2-Run to the mob, change your weapon and attack it with your hammers.
3-Finish it like that and if the mobs runs, use skills.
4-Heal yourself
5-Do it again

DD means damage deal(er)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Because being random isn't enough.b:thanks

Life is just a way to have fun before dying, so stop killing my fun.
Post edited by YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jetue - Harshlands
    Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I got bored one day and made one of these. most amusing thing to do was cast plume shot, then before cast was done switch to hammers. Makes for a REALLY confusing screenshot.
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
    -adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
    "Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
  • Xwhisper - Dreamweaver
    Xwhisper - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Will this mean I can tank drummer in squad mode now? O:

omgz, I will restat now! b:cool
    This is where a siggy should go. But it ran away. Okay. I lied. It's still here but it's a ninja siggy. You just can't see it. Stop raging. It gets embarrassed. Leave. Nao. Stop reading. Whatever. Meh. \o/
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Every time i see a "weird" build i'm lmao.

What in heavens name is the point of playing a cleric when you won't even use the weapons and skills the char has available ?

It's like trying to play a full Mag Tank. Pointless.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    *feels like a broken record*
    A cleric *must* use a magical weapon in order to use *any* skills.
    Even with the high amount of str the damage output from using hammers or whatever would be a lot smaller than using a magic weapon, rendering the idea of using a melee weapon at melee range futile.

However, I DO like the idea of a heavy armored cleric (even more so than light armor =D). Yes, yes, point and laugh if ya will. I still think it's feasible :D 8k unbuffed wearing TT90 heavy armor and an 89 magic weapon sounds good to me tho :D

Anyone wanna donate a reset note? :D
    b:dirty
  • YouStoleMyPi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    brantanor wrote: »
    Every time i see a "weird" build i'm lmao.

What in heavens name is the point of playing a cleric when you won't even use the weapons and skills the char has available ?

It's like trying to play a full Mag Tank. Pointless.

You can use your skills if you keep switching weapons, at the fast way to do it, is to drag both of your weapons in the bar on the bottom of your screen.

Also, my Heavy armor cleric is still low level, but it works pretty well.
    I mainly use plume shot great cyclone and purehearted blessing or what ever is named the first healing skill. By the way, if i ever meet you in pk mode, i'll get you all b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ummmmmm, whats the point of doing that though if you already have magic... I mean, my average for plume shot now is 3-4k per shot and thats every 1 second so... Well, it'd be interesting but too much work for me... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm not saying that it isn't worthwile to "test out" some exotic builds, just to see the difference and see if it works in some form or another.

But as i can see it, you can only go so far with a certain build / class.

For clerics, you need mag to up your attack power, you need str(and dex) for the different armors, and vit if you wanna survive longer.

But no matter how you look at it, by capping your mag you will lose atk and not be able to cast decent spells. You will also not be able to be kinda useful in a squad.

Add to that , that you have to switch weapons all the time (time factor), so all n all very "exotic" builds will not last in the long run. It might be fun to try them out, but that's where it ends tbh.

I think there is no point in trying to play a char in a function already provided by other chars like DD's and tanks.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    in a lot of other rpg games clerics wore full plate mail and wielded hammers, maces, slings, or other blunt weaponry b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    >.< if your in Lost City Server go pm Skooomu he is heavy built cleric. He is cocky but he can fight pretty decently even thought I can still woop his butt xD
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm gonna restat b:victory
    edited November 2009
    I am not saying this is the best build for a cleric, I am trying to show you there is different builds, I am kind of bored of pure mag or LA built cleric, so I made a Heavy armor cleric using hammers. Like I said, mine still low level, so I really don't know what it can look like at level 70+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    *feels like a broken record*
    A cleric *must* use a magical weapon in order to use *any* skills.
    Even with the high amount of str the damage output from using hammers or whatever would be a lot smaller than using a magic weapon, rendering the idea of using a melee weapon at melee range futile.

However, I DO like the idea of a heavy armored cleric (even more so than light armor =D). Yes, yes, point and laugh if ya will. I still think it's feasible :D 8k unbuffed wearing TT90 heavy armor and an 89 magic weapon sounds good to me tho :D

Anyone wanna donate a reset note? :D

Oh dude if u look actualy the thing u need to cast ur spells is to be Un-Armed/Magical Intrument
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I just wanna say HEAVY CLERICS FTW =D
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Oh dude if u look actualy the thing u need to cast ur spells is to be Un-Armed/Magical Intrument
    he is right, and you can hot key your melee and yer mag wep making switching just a click away

And using your melee is nice for chi and actually does a reasonable amount of damage like i do 900-3500 with my melee attack
    Thats not bad =/
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    he is right, and you can hot key your melee and yer mag wep making switching just a click away

And using your melee is nice for chi and actually does a reasonable amount of damage like i do 900-3500 with my melee attack
    Thats not bad =/

You get chi by everything you do. Healing, attacking, debuffing, you name it.

And why would you want to do 900-3500 with your melee attack if you can do 10k with your magic attack? Or in the same vein fight unarmed and lose 1k magic attack?

I don't mind hearing about "exotic" builds that serve a purpose. Like more crit, def, hp, whatever. Heavy armor build is interesting. Mag req for weapon and everything else into vit is interesting. Yes you suffer in one way or another, but you gain something by it; be it insane amount of pdef or hp or mag attack or whatever.
    Gimping yourself on purpose to the point of being virtually useless is just that --> useless.
    b:dirty
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I just wanna say HEAVY CLERICS FTW =D

>.< I still Two Shot youb:chuckle

Thats not bad =/

>.> IJS that your build is a fail but you I have to say that you are a pretty decent cleric i guess...b:surrender even though u have to refined ur ancient arbor +5 to get it high enough as TT/S. Light with non refines
    You get chi by everything you do. Healing, attacking, debuffing, you name it.

And why would you want to do 900-3500 with your melee attack if you can do 10k with your magic attack? Or in the same vein fight unarmed and lose 1k magic attack?

I don't mind hearing about "exotic" builds that serve a purpose. Like more crit, def, hp, whatever. Heavy armor build is interesting. Mag req for weapon and everything else into vit is interesting. Yes you suffer in one way or another, but you gain something by it; be it insane amount of pdef or hp or mag attack or whatever.
    Gimping yourself on purpose to the point of being virtually useless is just that --> useless.

I have seen him fight he isnt that bad with BM's QQ sadly Skooomu beat my Leader in a duel.... b:chuckle I laughed at him for loosing to Skooomu.
  • zombeer
    zombeer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I am kind of bored of pure mag or LA built cleric, so I made a Heavy armor cleric using hammers. Like I said, mine still low level, so I really don't know what it can look like at level 70+

i have the answer;
    it will look ****. b:bye
    edited November 2009
    zombeer wrote: »
    i have the answer;
    it will look ****. b:bye

Why judging without trying? That's why you should try it then post here b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    you can use pwcalc.ru/pwi to speculate builds *shrug*

(like...arcane archer b:sweat)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    you can use pwcalc.ru/pwi to speculate builds *shrug*

(like...arcane archer b:sweat)

Arcane archers rock. Almost as Arcane Barbs, they are the best, eryone recognizes that :O

BTW, fist cleric build was pretty more funny than this >_>
  • Kamen - Harshlands
    Kamen - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Heavy armor clerics rocks on private servers b:shutup
    edited November 2009
    Arcane archers rock. Almost as Arcane Barbs, they are the best, eryone recognizes that :O

BTW, fist cleric build was pretty more funny than this >_>

I did see an arcane barb, he was around lvl 40, so there's no fail build >8(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    I did see an arcane barb, he was around lvl 40, so there's no fail build >8(

It's interesting how you consider a thing that can "exist" like a "non-fail" thing.... lmao
    edited November 2009
    It's interesting how you consider a thing that can "exist" like a "non-fail" thing.... lmao

My point was first 20 lvls are pretty easy and then it gets harder, this barb went pretty far with double axes and robe, wich show they aren't failures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok i posted this in another thread in the general section.

Stat/level: 3 STR, 1 MAG, 1 DEX
    Weapons: Dual Swords/Magic Swords

I know the 1 MAG per level does not compare to 4 mag like the pure build but couple this with debuffs/seals wouldnt a HA dual sword cleric be pretty decent in PVE? Seems like an interesting alt to have fun with.