Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Really? Could you quote that please? I never saw the announcement myself.

I was really curious as to why no announcement was made one way or another.

Seem like your joke wasnt a joke afterall... -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The things I could do with an unlimited HP charm b:dirty

Lol, I could picture no cleric groups solo'ing tt's, barbs solo'ing world bosses, venos with infinite mp, and so on. That said something like event charms would be nice.

("Event" items being completely untradeable/unsellable/undiscardable, meaning they have no sale value and are purely for player use, little boutique profit loss and no economy inflation)
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Lol

Unbalance much XD

Never gonna happens... hope it doesnt anyway o.o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Thanks Poison, it's a shame it was posted in a thread like this where it gets buried. I expected a better announcement (like a locked sticked thread for a few days).

Given the reaction I'm seeing, the vast majority of people (including myself) had no clue their removal was accidental. Better GM communication would help this alot.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Seem like your joke wasnt a joke afterall... -.-

b:laugh Man did I get everyone going on vent or what?

Seriously though, the announcement was made the whole time, but it was placed in this thread, buried under 100's of other posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow... they were so lazy that they didnt even change the name and change up the items inside? This has gone on for WAY TOO LONG. What anniversary lasts 2 months? Fail. fail. fail. PWI has the worst "events" ever. Even FPS games have better "events"....

I hear you. I was playing a TPS with an EXP system, which was also F2P, before this. They gave us double EXP events for major holidays, or double money events to upgrade our guns. There were no "Sales". Even when they introduced new things, such as weapons, they made sure there was a balance between the Free Players, and the Cash Shoppers. The cash shoppers got exclusive things, while the Free players got updates as well. But even the Cash Shoppers couldn't just buy their way to the top. The stuff only for CSers wasn't the highest tier. That could only be gotten by ingame achievements. It gave an advantage, but that game was mostly skill based. You could go in with the best gear, and if someone had more skill than you, you were going to die. It was a very Rock Paper Scissors system. Melee beats Distance Only Weapon, which beats Short Range Weapon, which beats Melee.

There was no QQing about balance, or **** events, or anything, because everyone knew that the game was skill based, and the Devs listened to their players. They decreased the prices of EVERYTHING in the game because they realized the repair costs in the game didn't actually allow for much money gain, something people had brought up to them. They interacted with their customers, even playing with them at some points. They even had "Fight the Staff" Events, where they took on the top clans in the game.

You don't see that here. It makes me very sad to think that I left my old game, and the friends I made to play what was supposed to be one of the most amazing F2P experiences in the online world, only to find that once you got past the sparkles, and shiny, the core was rotten. There's no interaction between the higher ups, and the players, the balance in this game is heavily Cash Shop oriented, and the only "Events" we get require us to spend money, either ingame, or (mostly) Real Money. It didn't used to be like this. I loved when I first started playing. Everyone was happy, the game was fun, and, while you didn't have to spend a dime, I actually decided to put money into it.

This is my first online game I EVER put money into. I liked this game enough to spend over a thousand dollars, in less than a year, after playing some games for 5, and never putting anything into. But that's over now. I refuse to put anything into this game until they fix what they've done. I love the Pirate Outfits in the CS right now. I love both the male, and the female Version. In order to buy it for my Male character, I'd need to buy him a Wardrobe stone, to put his other Fashion into. And that's just the newest thing that I would be spending money on. I would probably have bought quite a few things since I was already planning on spending money anyway.

Now? I barely play. I've logged in once in the last week, because my friend told me they had a Halloween Event. Which turned out to only be JJJ... Yeah. So much for the fun of this game. It's kinda sad. When I started the game, JJJ had that +30 Attack level. Which made my first few levels a breeze, and fun as hell. Now, although I have enough power to take that blessing, and blast anything that moves, which I have to admit, sounds fun as hell, and I did, in fact, do that when I got it, it's just rotting on my character, along with the clothes I'd be enjoying wearing, because I just CAN NOT STAND this game and what it has become.

I had one of my friends in the game just become Demon, when she used to be several levels behind me. We used to joke with each other when we logged in that she was catching up, and when she really did catch up, we had a little competition for levels. And then all this hit, and I haven't done anything on my main since then. I tried playing an Alt, and that was fun. I was enjoying the game, and things were alright. And then the packs got released again, and I realized I was delaying the inevitable. I've pretty much given up, and the only thing I'm holding out for is the Tideborn. But if you release some game killing sale with your expansion, I'm not looking back. I'm out of here.
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    b:laugh Man did I get everyone going on vent or what?

Seriously though, the announcement was made the whole time, but it was placed in this thread, buried under 100's of other posts.

LOL XD

To get everyone going, you got everyone going XD

I even begged you to tell me that it was a joke ._.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    WTB> old pwi pm srs offers plz b:bye
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Then when will they be removed?

The announcment says November, that's a kinda broad statement. Beginning? Middle? End?

The announcement does not say November of which year either. Maybe they'll be removed in November 2099?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks Poison, it's a shame it was posted in a thread like this where it gets buried. I expected a better announcement (like a locked sticked thread for a few days).

Given the reaction I'm seeing, the vast majority of people (including myself) had no clue their removal was accidental. Better GM communication would help this alot.

So you start rumours and did not even bother to read the OFFICIAL thread..... If the GMs were going to reply to anything about AnyPacks, don't you think they would do it ON THE OFFICIAL ANYPACK THREAD?

It is not he GMs fault you did not read the posts... The post was made on the official thread. Take some personal responsibility for your actions.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yea I thought I wrote that too, maybe that was another post I made.

November means a lot though, I'd feel better if we could get a specific date

So you start rumours and did not even bother to read the OFFICIAL thread..... If the GMs were going to reply to anything about AnyPacks, don't you think they would do it ON THE OFFICIAL ANYPACK THREAD?

It is not he GMs fault you did not read the posts... The post was made on the official thread. Take some personal responsibility.

Yea cause I mean who doesn't have time to read over 1500 posts?
    edited November 2009

It is not he GMs fault you did not read the posts... The post was made on the official thread. Take some personal responsibility for your actions.

You and I will have to disagree on this point. I check the forums daily, and I check the announcements and read all the patch notes. I believe this to be reasonable.

I think being forced to dredge through a thread with over 1,500 replies for a single post from a GM when it should be placed in a more accessible location unreasonable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    You and I will have to disagree on this point. I check the forums daily, and I check the announcements and read all the patch notes. I believe this to be reasonable.

I think being forced to dredge through a thread with over 1,500 replies for a single post from a GM when it should be placed in a more accessible location unreasonable.

I am happy to agree to disagree :P
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009

Calm down, he just made a joke in the faction to freak us out XD

Problem, it turned out to be true ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I had to do a search on Spoon's posts after he started work just to find out that information myself, it's not in a very good spot for people who are on the forums a lot but don't live in them, or for those that are rarely on, to find the information that might actually keep some of the new threads at bay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    I am happy to agree to disagree :P

I like you, I think I'm going to add that to my sig as a quote! b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerrigan_ - Lost City
    Kerrigan_ - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Anni packs make me wanna cry... b:cry
    edited November 2009

It is an honor for me.

Now lets all pray and see what happens tonight when CS gets updated.....
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hey guys, the anniversary packs weren't supposed to get removed over the weekend, we apologize for the inconvenience. I'm not going to be addressing questions about the packs past this statement for a while, because at this point I have nothing to add to the conversation

Bumped for teh lulz
    hai2u
    edited November 2009
    It is an honor for me.

Now lets all pray and see what happens tonight when CS gets updated.....

That we can agree on! b:thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009

LOL "facepalm" XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2009

The announcement does not say November of which year either. Maybe they'll be removed in November 2099?

with so many new MMORPG coming out this new year, i might ponder about how much life PWI has left. the repetitive revival of Anni packs might hold an answer as to thatb:bye
    edited November 2009
    with so many new MMORPG coming out this new year, i might ponder about how much life PWI has left. the repetitive revival of Anni packs might hold an answer as to thatb:bye

We heard similar things this past year regarding that game that shall not be mentioned. Lots of people were saying that PW would not make it pass the summer.... And now that game is live, and we are still here, the servers are still packed, people are still emoqqing, and life is still going on.
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Is there even a point in posting anything here? Of course GMs and Mods are doing their jobs, but they don't decide on sales, and seems like their superiors don't listen to them, since the packs are still available. So, nothing to do.
    Call me San.
  • OOViolatorOo - Harshlands
    OOViolatorOo - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:chuckleb:chuckle Keep the packs.. I lov emb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Im bored while doing an homework XD

What do you expect b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Is there even a point in posting anything here? Of course GMs and Mods are doing their jobs, but they don't decide on sales, and seems like their superiors don't listen to them, since the packs are still available. So, nothing to do.

Sigh... Please read the GM reply.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5149452&postcount=1482
  • VeryCheap - Harshlands
    VeryCheap - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Me like pack, me rich sell pack.
    but me like the idea, pack gone and reappear, MORE!!!
  • Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    did someone delete my postb:beatenup that no good b:surrender
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    We heard similar things this past year regarding that game that shall not be mentioned. Lots of people were saying that PW would not make it pass the summer.... And now that game is live, and we are still here, the servers are still packed, people are still emoqqing, and life is still going on.
    Before the packs came out I usually had about 20-30 people on my friends list online at a time, and about 100+ people total on it.

Now? Well today the most I think I've had at one point is 3, and of the 100+ I knew, I'd say about 80-85% of them quit.

People are quitting, that is a fact
This discussion has been closed.