Who Wants the Anniversary Packs?

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They did post a reason. It's back by popular demand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Sigh... This has gotten frustrating. When they came out the first time, I thought people were making a big deal over nothing--it was a temporary event and I was all for being able to get around doing dungeons I have no time for. When they came out the second time, I started to understand the annoyance. Now, this time... I'm getting rather angry myself.

Not only is it making it extremely difficult to save the coin for a nix, but... well, it rather feels like a blatant slap in the face to the not-insignificant portion of the player community who has made it quite clear they do not like the packs. Going against their wishes once, particularly when the reaction to it was unknown, was fine, but it's starting to seem like the developers have no interest in making the playerbase like or trust them.

Perhaps it makes some money now, but it's a policy that I can only see having diminishing returns in the long run. If you keep gold prices high, you lose the people who buy gold to sell it as the ability to get sales thins out, particularly if people are just leaving as well as not buying. As it is, I guess I'll just hope they go away again before too long, I guess, so I can get my nix and stop using CS. I've bought all the things I really want--most of them by charging, so it's not like I'm not contributing. *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why isn't this thread locked yet? Mods seem to have locked every other thread about packs...
    Red text in the first post.

Has anyone seen an official GM response to this issue?
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    no.
    nee.
    nein.
    non.
    jo.
    gjin.
    nem.
    nie.

You couldn't have put it better. b:pleased
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    oops nvm, my fault
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2009

нет.
    Iie.
    Laa.
    Ochi.
    Cha toigh leam.

Lol, I had to. >,>
    In before lock
    Read the red text in the first post.
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    *voted before lock*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Clunker - Heavens Tear
    Clunker - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I voted no. the packs were the main reason why i quit. (and ofc the game that can't be mentioned). but PWI keeps bringing it back. how long is your celebration of your anniversary gonna last? rofl.

Face it PWI community, Packs are gonna be here for a while. It's all about the benjamins now.
  • Miou - Heavens Tear
    Miou - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    These Anniversary Packs only hasten the death of what once was a great, fun, and for the most part fair game...atleast economically. Now it's becoming a game for the rich and "mommy's visa". Also with the lack of new content and all the high level gear dungeon items basically being added to the cash shop...why not put in warsoul gear for 50 bucks a pop, and seal PWI's fate. :P

Money is money...and this is a business...which I understand fully. But there are much better ways, and safer ways of going about it. Do you not understand that you are only hurting yourselves..or maybe this is a kamikazee type of thing. Fly in there, make as big as a boom and take as many people with you as you can, before you go yourself hehe.

But in all seriousness...do yourselves and us a favor, focus on alternative ways of making money, that don't **** off player, make the economy so hard for the average player that they are forced to quit, and keep the game alive.
  • Xiuhdragon - Heavens Tear
    Xiuhdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Getting tired of the packs now, ok to put it in one time, 2nd time ???, 3th time pisses me of atm, so ye i voted no this starts to become ripoff on the pwi players.
  • sefis
    sefis Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Honestly, after all this time, it should just be a permanent item. I mean, I don't really like it, but... Face it, they aren't going to care. The people that buy them do so in bulk and that usually ends up... I'm too tired right now to explain it properly so if someone wants to translate what I said (then again, I'm sure it has been said before).
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The packs was a good idea its just what was inside them that was the problem tokens to get your hp shards etc great idea but now just about every lvl90+ has lunar weapons-rings-capes-boots and helms now for me the idea of these was i thought to make the game last longer as youll have to work hard to get them but now theres no need to enter any of the 4 OHT maps no need to do lunar or frost.....i know of two rich people on dreamweaver that are now almost unstoppable due to them spend 1000's of dollars getting rank 8 gear +10 almost all of there gear and all the good items..why didnt you put in the pack things like refine orbs etc instead of end game items?
    As someone else said now there's nothing much to do even when the new patch comes out people are going to just oracle to the class up using all there tokens 2nd time packs came out it was WTF not again then this 3rd time makes it look like PWI is thinking of short term money while making the game so boring theres not much point playing it.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Thank you b:victory
    Getting tired of the packs now, ok to put it in one time, 2nd time ???, 3th time pisses me of atm, so ye i voted no this starts to become ripoff on the pwi players.

Exactly what I thought.
    sefis wrote: »
    Honestly, after all this time, it should just be a permanent item. I mean, I don't really like it, but... Face it, they aren't going to care. The people that buy them do so in bulk and that usually ends up... I'm too tired right now to explain it properly so if someone wants to translate what I said (then again, I'm sure it has been said before).

Agree'd. If you plan on making the anni pack permanent then JUST SAY IT! SAY IT NOW! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Its to bad there isn't a "I just don't care anymore option". Cause that's the one I would pick.

I supposed a lot of people are getting to the "i am a beat puppy" syndrome.

But I will use this to my advantage if possible.

"think, think, think" b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    GM's idk what powers you do or dont have, however you have to tell the dev's we hate these packs w/ a passion. I mean seriously we've said it like 100 times. WE DONT WANT THEM!!!!!! It ruins the game. Yes they're people out there who will buy these packs, because they have the money to do so and dont care about being called a CSer or w/e name we give them. However when people pay real life cash to literally level, buy the items and gear they need, it's no longer a game. What work do you have to put in to get what you want? If the dev's want to get money so badly and so are so hard up for cash they might as well switch PWI back to P2P. I mean really you might as well do that because these packs are heading down to that direction. If you want to stay F2P with some cash shop benefits get rid fo these packs b:angry. People have spent months farming gears and weapons for their char and when someone comes along pays $200 and gets all the gear that is the hardest to obtain, you would get a little mad wouldnt you? What were the developers thinking? when they first came out people were pissed, but we were willing to overlook it as long as it didnt come back. But what in the world convinced the Developers to bring back these Nightmare Packs? "Back by popluar demand?" waht is that? As GM's I understand that its your job to tell the developers or whomever controls placeing items or events in game they general consensus of how players feel. So what went wrong? Arent you all upset that you know have to read all this QQ from players once again because the Devs are on something and didnt listen the first time? I mean come on twice they bring this junk back? it's not even a money sink, if anything it raises prices of CS items makeing it harder to do dungeons and TW and pking, etc. What sense does it make from a buisness perspective to make you player base upset adn angry? After all PW is advertised through word of mouth, when your loyal players start telling new players that the game sucks and you can buy everything w/ real life $$$, what do u think they new guy is going to say? "Yeah sure i'll play a game were all i have to do is pay my way to the top -.-". Like i said before if you all might as well go Pay to Play because people are already spending more money per month than in Pay to Play to games. Hey you already have items that line ur pockets, might as well get more money am i right? Come on Mr. Dev you know you want that brand knew Mansion. I know how u can do it too. Why not put Every awesome item in the game in the Cash Shop...oh wait you already did that b:bye.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Sukame - Heavens Tear
    Sukame - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wall Of Text

But I do agree that the Anni Pack's should not be brought back anymore. Anniversary was 2 months ago? And the Anni Pack's are still here. Either way I didn't buy any then and I wont buy any now. (:
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm just plain tired of all the controversy these packs have caused. Flames and QQ have been on parade in the game and in the forums ever since these came out. Although we complain about the packs people still like them since they're still buying them. As long as people keep buying them they will remain.

I don't want the packs to be permanent but if these packs do become permanent it means that there will be more of these all powerful items in the game. With more of these items flying around they might eventually become more accesible to others. For example, the aerogears from the Fancy Feathers. Yes, they are very expensive, shiny and a bit over-the-top, but their price has steadily decreased over these months because they are now more common. Now I see Brilliant Plumes going for 18 million when last month they were around 45 million.

A bit of creativity might be nice. The point of the Anniversary Packs was to celebrate the first anniversary of Perfect World International. The event ended yet these remained with the same name. It would be nice if they changed their names to fit the theme of the month and maybe tweak the pack contents a bit so it feels like a new product each month instead of the plain Anniversary Pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Money is money...and this is a business...which I understand fully. But there are much better ways, and safer ways of going about it. Do you not understand that you are only hurting yourselves..or maybe this is a kamikazee type of thing. Fly in there, make as big as a boom and take as many people with you as you can, before you go yourself hehe.

Smash and Grab at it's finest!!!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    looking at the poll atm, 15 ppl want it (jokingly or truthfully). Thats more than enough reason for anni packs to be back =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Hot_like_hel - Dreamweaver
    Hot_like_hel - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Any event that helps gold price raising... It breaks more the players than it helps. I have see what have happened with this kind of attitude in that other Perfect World version (1M for each (in game unit equivalent to the gold here) and you needed like 3 times more of that to buy the same item you buy here with 1 gold).

Its a no no from me, just let people that are really skilled be the best, not people with a credit card on their hands!
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I really did not care about the packs for the first month. I bought a couple (I have tried to participate in every in-game event since the first time Joll Jones came to town). I was sad to see some time-rich/cash-poor players leave over the packs. I was even more sad to see a generation of players hitting 50 and not being able to afford hammers for the supply box. But, all in all, I figured this was just a way to get more of the high-end items in the game. Some players would be randomly more and less wealthy and then we would move on.

When the packs came back "by popular demand," I started getting a little worried that the developers could not resist the allure of running a lottery and milking the game. But, they promised that the packs would be gone in November, so I gave them their little extension of the great revenue generator. We got through October and within days of the packs leaving the cash shop it looked like things would start to sort out quickly and we could get back to normal (just with more high-end stuff floating around).

Now, it really does look like the PWE team is addicted to these packs. I sure hope somebody comes out when the work day starts in California and falls on their sword: "It was a mistake. We'll have the packs out of the cash shop tonight."
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    Moozka - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:cry

I think the update from last night may have had the coding for the anniversary packs by accident or something..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Cheap tokens keep dice tickets, do-all cards and ultimate subs cheap.

That is the ONLY reason I voted yes.

I would like to see the packs removed, and a lucky Token pack similar to Battle Pet Packs, where you get 10-50 tokens without all the giveaways.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • sqoerk
    sqoerk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    and they are back....plz delete them as soon as possible
  • Sumara - Heavens Tear
    Sumara - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It was gone for 2 days, and for whatever reason, it returns, along with Auction House bugs and possibly a few other things. I may go with what Moozka said and believe the coding for the Anniversary packs and auction house got messed up.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is all wrong, It's seriously wrong.. In my life I haven't ever seen SO MUCH complains about a game in their own Forums and nothing be done about it, In my life with any other game i've played before... The players who visit the Game Forums are usually the more serious and dedicated players, and all they get in return for complains or suggestions is... '' You are only less than 10% of our player population'' THAT is just the wrong answer... it's plain wrong to treat your most valued players like ****, It's unheard off .. When the Forums become the worst advertising for it's Game, something is just really wrong.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    OP better change the title. the title says "who wants packs GONE". but the poll ask "do you want pack BACK". I voted yes because i read the title not the quest itself, it will avoid mistake if title and actual question match each other.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I would like to see the packs removed, and a lucky Token pack similar to Battle Pet Packs, where you get 10-50 tokens without all the giveaways.

Yeh, but don't you see those things are expensive originally because of gold prices. Which is mainly because of things like anniversary packs. Though at this stage gold will never go as low as it used to be.

They've kinda done irreparable damage at this point. There's no reverting to the way things used to be after giving everyone endgame gear. Or after creating a 3 month long reliance on the cheap items tokens provided.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009

this is a good point, the lucky token pack idea. b:victory
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I better post something before I get banned.

I voted that I do not want the packs back, and I actually now wish the worst upon the PWI. I hope it fails miserably and the people at the top are never able to find new jobs in the MMO world. (except the GM's, Mods, and anyone else who could do nothing while our game crumbled around us.)