Clerics going faction or factionless ?

Kawakami - Dreamweaver
Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
I've been factionless for quite a while and I enjoyed it more than being in a faction. I know some company can make things more bareable, but do the advantages really outweigh the disadvantages ? Our services are in high demand and very often we don't get looked upon in a positive manner if we refuse. Ever since I left my faction I made a lot more coins and what not ( I don't spend cash on this game )

I'm not unhelpful but we all need our time alone, and in the end making coins would outweigh helping others, unless you don't care about upgrading your character. So what made you Clerics in a faction join one ?
Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Post edited by Kawakami - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I tell people that I'm a wizard, and I insist on it until they give up. ;D (But I'm not in a faction either)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Monkeymama - Dreamweaver
    Monkeymama - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I joined a faction when I ran into a couple of clerics fighting the same mob as me. We all started hitting the same mob, and we raced through a bunch of quests. Afterwards they invited me to join their faction and I am very glad I did.

I do not get forced to team with anyone, but I often ask if I can help. I do my solo grinding, but I am not forced to.

I would say try and find a faction that suits you. I bet there is one out there that is perfect for you. Some people have factions with only a couple of people, just to chat.

Out faction has grown, we have plenty of non-clerics in it, but most of the FBs we do have 2 clerics in the party.

Maybe the right faction for you would be all clerics? Nobody would force you to do anything.

How do you do your Spiritual Cultivation with out a team?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm one of the biggest advocates of going factionless. b:surrender Honestly, it's a good decision for a cleric. At my level, I can solo almost all my quests but FBs, including most mini-bosses, so until I get to FBs and bosses I don't really NEED a faction. I find factions helpful at times, but I have a lot more to give to a faction than I need from one, and I don't have time to give that much right now.

Clerics are always in demand so it's not hard to find a party for any BHs or FBs. In fact, all you'd need is one tele and wines for an FB and you'd get whatever party you need since people jump at the chance for an FB. Plus it's not like because you choose to stay out of a faction, you're banning yourself from talking to people. I find that I make better relationships with people now that I'm factionless because I can't just hide within my faction chat to talk to people. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Depends, i recently switched to a small faction with my m8 and i luve it.
    All except me are lv80+ and dont need help (exception bh which we do together).
    So i am free to do what ever i want when i want but you always have peeps to talk, if so bored do sumthin together.
    b:dirty
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Being factionless sometimes HELPS you get into parties. For example, you could be the nicest person in the world but you're in Faction A, the most hated faction on the server, and people won't party you for that reason alone.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think the faction I was in is the reason I played this game so long. Trying out crazy stuff with people that I had known long enough to call them friends and giving eachother **** over vent... its all good. To be honest now that the faction has kinda fallen apart with people going their separate ways I have like no motivation to play anymore. :(

The morale of the story, find a faction with cool people that you actually like helping and talking to and have some awesome fun, its a game afterall. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Clerics can afford to go factionless as they are always in need.There is another game I play that the healer class even makes up their own guild so they can't be invited into others in essence it is one man guild.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alliecienti - Dreamweaver
    Alliecienti - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I currently have 2 clerics, 1 in and 1 not in a faction. Both are level 40 currently. Neither one has any real problem getting help for FB or whatever that is beyond solo capability.

The best point made, is that many times factions can drag on your solo time by requesting alot help from you unless there are other, higher level clerics always jumping to the cause so you don't have to unless you want to. You just have to find a faction that suits your play style and tastes. With so many different factions out there, it's not that hard.

The most irritating thing about playing the cleric and being out solo is that every squad that doesn't currently have a cleric in them will be sending you invites constantly and usually without actually asking you first if you need help or would like to help them.

I never pass up a dead character with either of my clerics without stopping and asking if they need my help. If the answer is yes, I help them back to health and continue on my way. (no need wasting time and mp on someone who died and then went to lunch and isn't answering) No responce from the deceased and they get no help from me. Likewise, if I see someone out solo and they are struggling with a difficult mob and need buffs, I buff them. 99.9% of people WILL say "thank you" for this little bit of assistance. Sometimes i will also pause long enough to stack a few heals on them too before leaving them to their gaming.

Reviving and healing and the cleric's stock and trade. Most players know this and respect that. Many who have never played them, do not realize they have the skills to go the game mostly solo and survive quite nicely. We don't always need a "meat shield". Some factions will concider you their "personal healer" while others will let you play it your own way.