True Hybrid Cleric Discussion

Options
Liang - Harshlands
Liang - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
Hey everyone, I'm a lv 47 Cleric in Harshlands. I've played PWI for a while, but I don't play it to the point where I should be as 'pro' as I should be. I was looking at the full attack Cleric guide thread stick-ied here and I wanted to discuss a new kind of Cleric that I've been trying to invent. Something that noone has ever done before, as far as I've seen. If it has, give me a shout to correct me and I'll shut up.

I call this build the "True Hybrid" Cleric. It's a build that will take a crud load of time to do, but I'm hoping to see some really positive results in the end.

Basically, instead of choosing between heal, buff, and attack skills, I choose all of them. How is this possible? Well, I noticed a flaw with PWI when I first played it, and I'm hoping PWI doesn't correct it cause right now it's working in my favor.

When I first started playing, I died a lot as most noob clerics do, but I noticed that after death from PvE, a player loses experience but does NOT lose spirit points. Hm. Interesting.

I suggested my idea to my first faction, saying that a player could commit suicide over and over again in order to refrain from lving up. However, their spirit points would be well guarded. They could master all their possible spells and abilities before lving. I was laughed at in my faction, being told I was crazy. I stopped playing the game after that, but now I've come back, quit that faction, and started my 47 cleric again.

I've decided that I would not lv until I've mastered all my skills and acquired enough spirit points to do so. That means, I would have the attacks and buffs of a full attack cleric AND the heals of a support cleric all maxed out at a very early level. The spirit point shortage would be solved, but the downside is, it would take a LOT of time.

I've been doing BH everyday, grinding everyday, but I'm getting there. I die about 20 times a day to make sure I don't lv and I do BH and CS everyday to rack up those spirit points. I mastered my offensive spells and buffs first in order to increase grinding speed. Now I'm working on debuffs and other more minor attacks.

The other day, I stole Qingzi's aggro from a lv 53 mage and kept it, although being only 47 myself. I served as a tank, combining healing and attacks to keep myself alive while fighting; standard cleric strategy.

So, I am a cleric that can serve as a tank or as a regular support cleric. I have Aegis Spirit and Greative Protective Aura, which would normally be unthinkable for an attack cleric; yet I have the same damage dealing as a full attack cleric.

Well, I hope I got the idea across, and I wanted your opinions on this. I was inspired by the idea of having a 'mindset' for a character, and this is my mindset. I want to have a True Hybrid Cleric, one that can hit as hard as the strongest cleric but heal as well as the strongest priest. I'm still a low level and admittingly a noob, so I wanted your opinions on this. My PvP strategies for a lv 47 leave a lot to be desired, but I think at least the class has hope. What do you guys think
Post edited by Liang - Harshlands on

Comments

• Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm so glad you decided to do that!! That's how my char is built as well, though I didn't learn about the spirit thing, so I don't die to keep from leveling, I just don't level. It works well for me. As of right now, I can tank anything up to 49 cult bosses b:victory They hit 1200 on me on the high end but... I can survive with just one >6x cleric and a few of my heals intermittently. I'm kinda excited about it. Imho, hybrids are the best class in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    Henchman - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ya know, instead of dying you can use your genie as an experience sink. just keep your genie leveled up and for the most part you will get the spirit you need. Also keep in mind. around level 80 you get plenty of spirit to keep your skills up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinjal
    sinjal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I like the idea. I am also L47 Claric from Harshland. From now on I will try to follow your way. Very Very good suggestion.b:pleased
  • Liang - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ya know, instead of dying you can use your genie as an experience sink. just keep your genie leveled up and for the most part you will get the spirit you need. Also keep in mind. around level 80 you get plenty of spirit to keep your skills up.

Yea, so I hear. But... As egotistic as it sounds, I wanted to be stronger and more useful than any other cleric my level. A bit of a competitive edge, if you will. As for the genie idea, it's a really good idea, but like I said, I am a noob=P I don't have a lot of Mirage Stones to make the genie nor do I have a lot of money to make them.... All that precious Exp does go to waste... But thanks for the suggestion.
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    u have the right idea on dieing to raise sp to max all ur skills, but theres a flaw =/. u would actually gain more sp if u just lvl'd cause every time u lvl, u get more sp per kill. thus ur really just holding urself bak.

as to the attack cleric and support cleric, thats just early game, by lvl 70 we all just become clerics ^^ cause we should have the importance or each lvl'd. i was a "full attack" cleric from about 1-50, then started lvling both heals and attacks, now i have all but 5 skills maxed.

but u have a good idea to die for sp, i just did it at lvl 60 instead xP.
  • MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver
    MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Try raising genies on the side. :) Instead of dying and wasting experience points, just feed the exp to your genie and level it up. If you happen to get a good genie with very high LP, you could sell it for A LOT. b:victory

By the time you get to lv 70+, spirit points won't be a problem. You'll amass millions of spirit points unless you have millions in coins to use the points on skills or feed them to your genie. By the way, certain skills can only be leveled or learned at certain character levels. Also, after completing your fbs, you get rewarded with a lot of experience and spirit points. The more you level, the more there is to be gained in terms of rewards (coins, drops, spirit points, and experience points).

-edit- I just read that you don't have enough money for mirages. Just make an alt, get a free genie, switch it to trade ready (takes 7 days) and then just mail it to your main. Also, some people sell genies for less (about 50k each).
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    Henchman - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It is as meatbun said. It takes about a week per genie, but they are indeed free. a genie with a 10/10 LP can sell for a good 100-500k. all and all, unless your naked all the time, you still have to worry about repair costs too wich reaaaaly adds up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mkto - Heavens Tear
    Mkto - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i found ur ideas greats, i seen around some barberians stop lvling in other to use sp for their genies instead of skill.
  • Liang - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hm, thanks for the advice... So are the most of you suggesting that I should perhaps just go back to lving normally while raising a lot of genies on the side?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    My suggestion is to pick a point to do that.
    I fed my genie almost 4x100%exp on my lv65.
    Did it 2 times on lv71, and ofc i love to suicide which in total gives me so much spirit.
    Only prob is coins, no matter what i do i get broke so cant rly use that spirit xD.
    b:dirty
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hm, thanks for the advice... So are the most of you suggesting that I should perhaps just go back to lving normally while raising a lot of genies on the side?

i suggest u lvl and then at around 60-70 or so u can stop and die for sp if u feel like it ^^. as for the genie, its not a bad idea. but remember, once u get in the 80's u'll be having extra sp as ur skills will be maxed or close to it.

u should just lvl the important skills, and later max the others ^^
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would atleast get to 60 before doing all this so you can get tempest and regen arua.You can work on lvling those up.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    My suggestion would be to just keep lvling... You get exponentially stronger as you lvl up due to gears and better skills and more stat points. Why waste time at a lower lvl killing yourself (if you really wanna do it just raise a genie) when you can just get to higher lvls become ALOT more powerful and have as much sp as you would ever need (mid to late 8x and after sp is pretty abundant).

You MAY end up as a really stong 4x cleric, but thats still not as powerful as even just a mediocre 6x cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I used a method similar to this to for my cleric. Except I level Genies in order to slow down growth. ( And I was trying to get good genies.)

Why?? Because its easy to level a genie to 30 or 40 when Crazy Stone is dirt cheap. And the experience transfer is high.(higher then what it is for my BM)

What this has done for me is give me a extremely strong cleric for his level. (48) I have stopped leveling genies. And I don't play him often. But I find the play style to be fun when I do. I can do anything I need to. I of course tailored my skill growth towards attack at first (for leveling) and full mag (for leveling).

I have maxed out my plume and cyclone. Will be working on wield thunder now. My IB is maxed for my level and my buffs(except for hp/mp) are maxed for level. I also have my seals for debuffing.

All I can say is its fun running around being able to do everything a cleric can and not having to focus on a path or skill set. Cause I almost have everything I can have for my level.

This also makes destroying mobs so easy. Makes healing a tank so easy. I love it.b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liang - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Alright then, thanks a lot for the advice. You guys are right, the idea of max spirit points is really nice, but is perhaps something I should pursue at a later lv. Thanks a bunch.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    he, he. I've doing that since lvl 30 with CS and now at lvl 4x with BH, bu I still only lvl up the key skills so I won't hold back for too much time.

But as many said. I use the genie as a exp sink instead of killin' myself (saves coins from repairs also b:victory). That way I can lvl up many genies to get the luckiest of them all. So far I've thru 3 genies with bad luck (7/40, 12/40, 20/40) and now my fourth is a lucky 19/20 discipline with no aff or skills point spent. I still don't know if I want to sell them of save them for end game since at this level genies doesn't make too much difference.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I did something like this at 50, got all my important skills maxed, and now i kick **** b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric