In regards to Bye Bye PWI

kingofhatred
kingofhatred Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Recently I posted this and I fear it was taken upon as slander and/or indirect persuasion to get others to stray away. This was, however, NOT my intent.
The intent of that thread was to notify any of my friends (at one point I could play) that I would not be returning. I know for a fact all of the technical problems is on my end and not the game. I have played PWI fine of a friends computer.
In regards to THAT disclaimer, Ive got more news. I mentioned in a thread recently about two things.
The BSOD that referenced winsys32...
And freezing upon exit.
Alas, upon doing a few scans (I call it maintenance day, I do it 1-2 times a month) I discovered some viral infections my firewall did not block.
These virus were found in none other than my winsys32 folder..referenced from the BSOD, not sure about the nature of it tho, and on my nexon combat arms engine, which could explain the freeze on exit. Which is not to say combat arms or windows gave me either.
Both were definitely of a backdoor, IE website plant, infectious nature.

After doing these scans, and defragging removing cookies, uninstalling useless programs,,,ect ect ect...everything that involves maintenance day, I will be reinstalling perfect world in the high hopes that I have eliminated this problem...

Sorry for any hostility I may have erupted with, and again all of my problems were no one other than MY fault...

Thank you have a nice day.
H1N1:Wash your hands if you care about friends and family.
Post edited by kingofhatred on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:bored
    see you in game then? mayhaps?b:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just to let you know, it's against forum rules to discuss punishments or locked threads like this.

If you have a problem with a thread being locked, the better option is to PM a forum moderator. They'll be able to tell you exactly why it was locked, and if it was due to a misunderstanding they'll be able to unlock it.
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just to let you know, it's against forum rules to discuss punishments or locked threads like this.

If you have a problem with a thread being locked, the better option is to PM a forum moderator. They'll be able to tell you exactly why it was locked, and if it was due to a misunderstanding they'll be able to unlock it.

I don't think he has a problem with the thread being locked. If I read it right it was to correct the locked thread in the first place-- apologize, explain, all that.

And I don't think there was any misunderstanding. If the thread is what I was thinking of-- then it needed to be locked.
  • kingofhatred
    edited November 2009
    Dream is correct. It could have been locked after the OP... I just wanted to inform my friends. I only reposted to tell that it was my fault and I will hopefully be returning to PWI once I get this virus out..
    backdoor.win32.poison!IK

Can't keep it out...
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dream is correct. It could have been locked after the OP... I just wanted to inform my friends. I only reposted to tell that it was my fault and I will hopefully be returning to PWI once I get this virus out..
    backdoor.win32.poison!IK

Can't keep it out...
    Just reinstall system and everything will be fine. I did it 7 days ago. My vista ultimate totally crash down. Nothing helps. So I reinstall it with vista 64 ultimate + bought new graphic card and now it works insanely. I know it not your problem with virus, but reinstall will help for sure.b:laugh
    I highly recommend use Avira antivirus. Is free and is one of the best free antivirus. I'm using it for years without any problems. Also very important is firewall. I'm using also free very good firewall Comodo. And don't forget to use anti-spyware programs. I'm using spybot. I don't know what is virus for years.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just reinstall system and everything will be fine. I did it 7 days ago. My vista ultimate totally crash down. Nothing helps. So I reinstall it with vista 64 ultimate + bought new graphic card and now it works insanely. I know it not your problem with virus, but reinstall will help for sure.b:laugh
    I highly recommend use Avira antivirus. Is free and is one of the best free antivirus. I'm using it for years without any problems. Also very important is firewall. I'm using also free very good firewall Comodo. And don't forget to use anti-spyware programs. I'm using spybot. I don't know what is virus for years.b:pleased

AVG also offers a free version. It lags like crazy, but I've never had any problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    AVG also offers a free version. It lags like crazy, but I've never had any problems.

Be careful. AVG is from my former country Czechoslovakia. And it's very bad antivirus. Especially free version. It almost catch nothing. You have no warnings, but you can have lot of viruses. AVG was good program couple years ago. I don't recommend it. But it is your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    your best bet is to check your program files folder for an oddly-named folder (such as grqusi) that's most likely your virus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Be careful. AVG is from my former country Czechoslovakia. And it's very bad antivirus. Especially free version. It almost catch nothing. You have no warnings, but you can have lot of viruses. AVG was good program couple years ago. I don't recommend it. But it is your choice.

o_O...AVG picks up everything, never had a problem using it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    it missed 3 trojan bots, and 4 decompression bombs on my brother's pc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lol, you may want to check your brother's internet history...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Lol, you may want to check your brother's internet history...
    um.. I manually cleaned it, he wasn't doing "that" it was banner adds striking again. and for the record he's 20, and I'm 22. we can look at "that" if we want to lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tala_IaRooga - Heavens Tear
    Tala_IaRooga - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I use avast for my anti-virius protection. Free and I haven't had problems, except if I didn't keep it updated.
    Characters:
    -Faction- RedWave

Tala_IaRooga (76) Venomancer (retired) -Marshal-

Andros_Ry (62) Blademaster -Director-

Ajaa (73) Assassin -Leader-

Arael_Mae (23) Cleric -Marshal-
  • kingofhatred
    edited November 2009
    My scans are reporting nothing. Which means...I think anyway... Its gone..
    Which also means..hopefully...when I download PWI tomorrow when I wake up...it SHOULD launch without a hitch..hopefully. Wish me luck.
  • DeathsAccomp - Sanctuary
    DeathsAccomp - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    BTW sorry for double posting but Im doin ok on protection..but you will never catch everything.
    Ive got Avira, Superantispyware, malware bytes, and A-Squared..(the last is inactive I use it when I do scans because it usually gets what avira misses.