Disconnecting

Options
Enzio - Heavens Tear
Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
If you get disconnected from the net your character should be kicked from the server. I don't know how many times I came back after being dc'ed and dead. It's annoying as hell.
Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
Post edited by Enzio - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• OlivarraX - Heavens Tear
    OlivarraX - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i guess the server can't know if ppl get disconnected in some cases.

When u click on "exit game" your client sends to the server a signal that you are going to log off. but when your connection fails by some reason (ISP, router or whatever) your client can't send anything to server.

All of this are pure guesses so maybe i'm wrong b:surrender

OlivarraX

edit: if i'm right, the only way to server for manage disconections it would be send pings to all clients and wait for pongs
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you should try being a wizard...
    b:cry
    me get DC but come back to find out me character stood there like an idiot and died.
    to something like 10 levels lower then me. b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you should try being a wizard...
    b:cry
    me get DC but come back to find out me character stood there like an idiot and died.
    to something like 10 levels lower then me. b:shocked

Try running with a mob of 2x behind you then going to attack only to realise "oh sht im about to DC sht sht sht"

The horror b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm guessing that the server pings your computer at certain intervals to make sure you're still connected. If this is the case, the difference between disconnecting and logging out would be that, when you log out, your computer sends a signal to the server telling it to take you out of the game versus the server having to wait until the next interval to try to ping you and getting nothing in response THEN taking you out of the game.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]