Refining with Tisha/Tienkang Stones

ay4
ay4 Posts: 1
edited November 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Is it worth to refine with those stones? I want to refine my equip to +3 - +4. A guildie told me he refined his weapon to +5 just with tishastones. But i dont understand why with tishastones, cause the description of those stones tells:

Tienkang Stone
Greatly increases refining rate.

Tisha Stone
Increases refining rate. Refining level will only drop by 1 if refining fails.

So with Tienkang stones the refining rate should be much higher.
Does someone here has some experience with those stone? Or should i just buy dragonorbs to refine to +4

Thx b:cute
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would go with a dragon orb in any case, but it is ALWAYS smart to refine with a Tisha because if you fail, you're not screwed like you would be with a Tienkang.

Besides, for all you know, Tisha could be +5% success and Tienkang could be +10% success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • ay4
    edited November 2009
    y maybe you are right, but db's are much more expensive b:surrender with the money for 1 +4 db i can buy many tisha stones. thats the reason i ask for ppl with experience with those stones. my portemonnaie isnt that big.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well, assuming this info is correct:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Refining

You've got a 1-in-20 to go from +4 to +5.
    So on average you'd need twenty 'do not lose a level' stones (and 40 mirages) instead of one dragon orb (and 2 mirages)

On average. It could go right first time, or it could need double, or triple, or worse. With dragon orbs you're paying for reliability.

Still, 100 dragon orbs is nine gold. Which is indeed a lot.

You pays yer money and you take yer choice, I guess.
  • ay4
    edited November 2009
    ok thx for reply i try my luck with tisha stones till i have all +3. for other refines i buy db's. but this will be expensive cause one 5* orb costs 12€ b:cry