How do I post my screenshots??

Lilarox - Lost City
Lilarox - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2012 in The Fanatics Forum
Ok so I have figured out where to find my screenshots but now my problem is how to post them! b:angry

Ive tried using photobucket and nothing I have tried has worked.

Thanks for anyone that helps me with my dilemma. ^^ b:victory
Love is a battlefield, dont stop tell u find your true love.

Love is a mystery, but you will know when it hits you.

Love is the most important emotion, use it wisely.

Never forget to live, laugh, and love.
Post edited by Lilarox - Lost City on

Comments

• Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What exactly is the problem you are encountering?

Sites like Photobucket and Tinypic usually shrink or distort large images, especially BMPs, which is what PWI screenshots are saved as.

Try uploading to http://www.imageshack.us

Then to post the image, use the code:

[ img ]IMAGE URL[ /img ]

But without the spaces in the tags.

Make sure you copy the right link. It must end in an extension like .gif, .jpg, or .png.

If you're uploading a single image to Imageshack, the link will be up at the top in a yellow bar, labeled "direct link".

If you're uploading multiple images, Imageshack will bring you to a gallery page. From here you will have to click on an image to go to it's page, then to the right of the screen you'll see several linking options. Copy the one labeled "Direct".
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • lunarea
    lunarea Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    How do u find your screenshots? I cannot find them in my computer not even using the search thingy.
  • CriticalMass - Lost City
    CriticalMass - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lunarea wrote: »
    How do u find your screenshots? I cannot find them in my computer not even using the search thingy.

Go to where you saved your Perfect world game then go to the "element" folder. A folder called "screenshots" will be in it. Go into it and all the ss's you have taken in the PW game will be there.
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Go to where you saved your Perfect world game then go to the "element" folder. A folder called "screenshots" will be in it. Go into it and all the ss's you have taken in the PW game will be there.

c:\???\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots

"???" is either Program Files or Games.
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Asuyka - Lost City
    Asuyka - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    c:\???\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots

"???" is either Program Files or Games.

Computer>Local Disk>Program Files>Perfect World Entertainment>Perfect Wold International>Element>Screenshots

It's like that...
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Computer>Local Disk>Program Files>Perfect World Entertainment>Perfect Wold International>Element>Screenshots

It's like that...

It's not always "Program Files". Some computers make a new folder named "Games". It's a Vista thing.
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • Lilarox - Lost City
    Lilarox - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What exactly is the problem you are encountering?

Sites like Photobucket and Tinypic usually shrink or distort large images, especially BMPs, which is what PWI screenshots are saved as.

Try uploading to http://www.imageshack.us

Then to post the image, use the code:

[ img ]IMAGE URL[ /img ]

But without the spaces in the tags.

Make sure you copy the right link. It must end in an extension like .gif, .jpg, or .png.

If you're uploading a single image to Imageshack, the link will be up at the top in a yellow bar, labeled "direct link".

If you're uploading multiple images, Imageshack will bring you to a gallery page. From here you will have to click on an image to go to it's page, then to the right of the screen you'll see several linking options. Copy the one labeled "Direct".

It seems my problem is finding the correct url that you would put into the image inserter. When I was using photobucket I tried to use the urls that they use to post on facebook and such. I also tried to use the url of the page on the website where the photo was posted. I tried many different urls and everytime only the words were posted not the full picture. Thanks for the help.
    Love is a battlefield, dont stop tell u find your true love.

Love is a mystery, but you will know when it hits you.

Love is the most important emotion, use it wisely.

Never forget to live, laugh, and love.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It seems my problem is finding the correct url that you would put into the image inserter. When I was using photobucket I tried to use the urls that they use to post on facebook and such. I also tried to use the url of the page on the website where the photo was posted. I tried many different urls and everytime only the words were posted not the full picture. Thanks for the help.

photobucket works just okie for me O.o'
    mayhaps you can try x-fire?
    b:question
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LostMercy - Archosaur
    LostMercy - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    images%3Fq%3Dpuppies&zoom=1&q=puppies&hl=en&usg=__iim7qMHx7USqj292LXd4MYtA6J4=&sa=X&ei=im8uTdm1L8P7lwfq7OH7Cg&ved=0CDAQ9QEwAw
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ^ the hell lol
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • BlueBeRy - Raging Tide
    BlueBeRy - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    lunarea wrote: »

To look at your taken pictures, go to computer click the C: thing, click perfect world etertainment, click perfect world then click elements then click screenshots. Hopefully you will see them. hope this helps :D
  • BlueBeRy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    i figured out how to veiw my screenshots. but i dont know how to post them as my avatar! can someone pease help me??!b:surrender
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i figured out how to veiw my screenshots. but i dont know how to post them as my avatar! can someone pease help me??!b:surrender

you can't use a pic for your forum avatar, it only shows your class, gender and level b:cry

what you can do is personalize your core connect page with any pic you want b:victory

and you can make a signature pic, check this out for more info:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031

hope this helps!

have fun!

Also: double necro FTW!!! hi Shelly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlueBeRy - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    thanks for the help b:pleased
  • shenkitten
    shenkitten Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thank you guys a bunch, i had no idea where to find my silly screenshots! <3