Divine_guy - Lost City
Divine_guy - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
hi
Im thinking on make a new char...
i like archer and wiz they have long rang and high damage
and other good stufs
so im asking arch or wiz?

*i put the question on the 2 sub-forums of the classes to have questions from the 2 sides....

ty
pingflips
Post edited by Divine_guy - Lost City on

Comments

• CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'd say archer... if you already have a lvl 50 cleric and you wanna try a new class, wizard is not your thing.. You must be realy dedicated to the wizard class to make that work. It is really, really easy to be a bad wizard, by just not putting enough time and effort in it, however making a good archer is much easier...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    i already try all the classes
    i just become tired of the cleric

just think im new here
    i never had a char....
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    i already try all the classes
    i just become tired of the cleric

just think im new here
    i never had a char....

Well, if you are tired of the cleric at lvl 50 and you already tried all classes, wizard just doesnt seem like the best choice to me. lvl 1-19 are fun (I love etherblade), 20-29 are horribly boring, lvl 30-39 are kinda hard, 40-49 are slow, 50-59 is where most wizards quit, just tooooooo damn long boring slow and you really arent any use at all. Then from 60 on it becomes fun as a wizard. If you have the patience to get there, who am I to stop you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Well, if you are tired of the cleric at lvl 50 and you already tried all classes, wizard just doesnt seem like the best choice to me. lvl 1-19 are fun (I love etherblade), 20-29 are horribly boring, lvl 30-39 are kinda hard, 40-49 are slow, 50-59 is where most wizards quit, just tooooooo damn long boring slow and you really arent any use at all. Then from 60 on it becomes fun as a wizard. If you have the patience to get there, who am I to stop you?

if u say i belive....
    i gonna waiting for more opinions of others players
    then i publish my choice...
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    She's right, it depends on how commited you are.

To me, the amount of "fun" in a game is totally how well I am committed to it, how much I get obsessed with it. So when I read that wizards were one of the hardest hitting classes (among archers, ironically...) but really hard to level, I decided it was for me :D

I'm only a level 36 but I can already tell she's right about the levels, but the boringness and toughness are what I compete against, and that's what makes it fun for me :D

Plus I don't like the elf ears, haha. :D
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    Andross - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I dunno why people always say wizards are hard or boring at certain levels. I've been having a kick **** time since level 1.
    Archers on the other hand, I remember the first levels being pretty hard... until level 19 and I got knockback. Then it became so ridiculously easy and boring that at level 54 I decided to do something else. It was always the same thing. Frost arrow, a couple of attacks, knockback, a couple more attacks, dead. With a wizard, you have a lot of different skills you can use depending on the situation. And I love it. With both archers and wizards, mobs will rarely ever reach you, but wizards are a lot more fun to play as IMO.
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    boredoom of all classes starts when you starting to use best possible combination of spells/skills.
    Wizard is : <insert> any opener--Gush--Pyro--Gush--Pyro or <insert> opener +any high damage spell vs Weak element--Low spell vs Weak element--HDS--LDS.
    Archer is: Plume Shell , Aim Low-regular-regular-Knock back--<use imagination>
    I can write all combinations for all classes as well i can point that situation starts at ~39 when you get your "most" usefull stun/freeze/interrupt skill/spellb:surrender

Bottom line: you need to have determination in any class in order to continue playing PvE part after lvl ~39.b:bye
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I dunno why people always say wizards are hard or boring at certain levels. I've been having a kick **** time since level 1.
    Archers on the other hand, I remember the first levels being pretty hard... until level 19 and I got knockback. Then it became so ridiculously easy and boring that at level 54 I decided to do something else. It was always the same thing. Frost arrow, a couple of attacks, knockback, a couple more attacks, dead. With a wizard, you have a lot of different skills you can use depending on the situation. And I love it. With both archers and wizards, mobs will rarely ever reach you, but wizards are a lot more fun to play as IMO.

I never said I got bored, I've been playing this wizard for a year now, still not 89 and I still love her. I loved every level, I got so many good memories... I just said that if you got bored of cleric at lvl 50, and you dont have any dedication to the class, than you have a good chance of getting bored, specially during the 50's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009

1-19 was fun. 20-29 was fun. 30-39 was easy and fun. 40-49 was fast. 50-59 (especially 59) was teh super fun. 60-73 rocks!!

agreed being a wizard got easier and easier since level 1. lol me don't see whats so bad about being a wizard.
    err me remember being an archer even easier then being a wizard lol nothing touched me. >.<' (me first character was an archer who me played for about 3 hours and rerolled to wizard) d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    1-19 was fun. 20-29 was fun. 30-39 was easy and fun. 40-49 was fast. 50-59 (especially 59) was teh super fun. 60-73 rocks!!

I didnt say anything about fun, I said hard, and you cant say 20-29 and 50-59 are arent boring... Cause hard doesnt need to be bad, it can be really fun, but you really must want to level your wizard...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My first character on this game was an archer on HT. Strangely enough, wizards did not appeal to me until I went to Dreamweaver. But before I went any further, I did some research. I found out that...

1) We hit like hell
    2) We hurt like hell
    3) If you like hitting, but not hurting, you will rage quit once you get the Tusk Town quests.

I knew that most wizzies tend to go b:bye after level 50-ish. But I stuck with it anyway. Did I think I would be level 97? Hell no, I thought I'd move on to another archer by now.

But really, this is a class where you HAVE to be dedicated. You HAVE to have patience because...well...you play a cleric; you know how sucky our phys defense is in arcane, and most mobs until about 60-ish are physical.

I have no idea what I'd do without stone barrier. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    yeah an arcane have a ltl big problem whit fisical defense...
    but the wiz have the stone barier realy usfull....

i dont wanna know if it is hard or not...
    how much harder better (but not too much!)
    i like chalenges and fun
    if u say that is fun... cool

wiz always make me thing....
    they have a good damage
    they have goos shels
    they can heal!
    they are a mix of all what u need...
    but somtimes...
    it become hard when u trying to kill fisical mobs...

it makes stop and think....
    could it be better?

maybe....
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Like I said before, bottom line is both archers and wizards are easy to play as (again, I've never had a problem. There was not one point from level 1-66 that I've wanted to quit. I don't understand why people say certain levels are hard, everything has been easy for me). They kill things before they ever reach them. The difference is how you want to do it. Archers shoot arrows, wizards shoot... magic. >.>
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2009

b:victory Agreed, totally the same for me.
    Wizards are so much fun :P, and to stay alive is a challenge, which makes it that more fun.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Like I said before, bottom line is both archers and wizards are easy to play as (again, I've never had a problem. There was not one point from level 1-66 that I've wanted to quit. I don't understand why people say certain levels are hard, everything has been easy for me). They kill things before they ever reach them. The difference is how you want to do it. Archers shoot arrows, wizards shoot... magic. >.>

When you say how easy it all has been for you you should realize that the people who say that those levels were hard, probably were in those levels about 9-10 months ago.. At that time, there werent as much high levels as now, there was MUCH less coin in the economy and there were much less 'good gear', we all lived on quest rewards... I remember being happy I finally made 100k coins when I was level 40...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    When you say how easy it all has been for you you should realize that the people who say that those levels were hard, probably were in those levels about 9-10 months ago.. At that time, there werent as much high levels as now, there was MUCH less coin in the economy and there were much less 'good gear', we all lived on quest rewards... I remember being happy I finally made 100k coins when I was level 40...

Never had high level help, except for FBs. And I lived off of quest rewards too. In fact, I probably had it harder than most at one point because when I started playing PW, perfect hammers were like 400-500k. When I got to level 50 on my wizard, perfect hammers were like 1.5mil or something. So from levels 42 to 59, I was stuck with the same weapon.
    I'd much rather go back in time and roll my wizard as my first character. The economy was MUCH better back then. I would be able to afford a lot of things I can't afford now.
    You don't need good gear for a PvE server in the low levels.
    PvP, that's a different story. I can see the lower levels being really hard for wizards on a PvP server.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:chuckle

When I started they did not have perfect hammers!

But, yes, I bought quite a number of handy things back then.

you are the slowest leveler I've ever seen (too much time on the forums maybe?)... Ya uhmm... I was using my fb19 wand till I got my quest reward weapon at 47 b:cry
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Will i dont know how it is right now to lvl a wizard with BH and cheaper CS and everything but back in the day..

Yeah lvling up a wizard was a big challenge its kinda hard when mobs 3 shoot you and u cant even dream of fighting increased lives or 2 mobs at once.

What makes it even harder is when u start to doubt that is it really worth when u lose so much in PVP and just keep ur eyes open and try to live on the fabels of a better tomorrow.

But not till i get to where I am now and got a little bit wiser about gear for every situation. (u guys should try having incrased phy res gear like stuff with 2-3 ohy res bounses it makes all the diffrence when fighting physical players and same thing with elements)

Oh and yeah expect to quit wizard if u dont keep ur eyes peeled on the goal:

That fabled better tomorrow that belive me am starting to believe in again.(I 2 shoot BMs my own lvl for god sakes b:laugh )

I tried Archer on HL but after i got it to 60 i really didnt like it for me it was so easy cuz after u go wiz u never go back b:pleased
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    which is the most independent?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I tried Archer on HL but after i got it to 60 i really didnt like it for me it was so easy cuz after u go wiz u never go back b:pleased

So true.
    My first char ever was an archer.
    Then I tried a cleric.
    Then I tried a wizard. And loved it.

Once you go high lvl wizard you never go back. The wizard is just a powerhouse. Hard to lvl? no, not now with BH/CS/WQ. Soooo much xp for free basically. Before I had to work hours to get BH XP from quests/grinds, not to lvl an alt is just stupid easy. Wanna reroll? wait a little, there might be a new XP x 2 event soon ( winter holydays).

The most independent class? VENO!
    All other need help of some sort for bosses/culti/etc. With a veno until 51 u don't need basically anyone. You don't even need a herc, a Magmite will do fine.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009

All other need help of some sort for bosses/culti/etc. With a veno until 51 u don't need basically anyone. You don't even need a herc, a Magmite will do fine.

not that!
    between wizard and archer....
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Independent? I don't know what you mean.
    Simple question: you want to go over 95 with your wizard? if Yes: go play it, you'll have tons of fun. If No: roll an archer.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    independent

the class which works better alone...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    whuts a "wizard monster"?
    b:puzzled
    you mean the ones that....shoot magic?
    we already do lol. >.<' they do reduced damage to us.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    this may be a stupid thing...
    i will make an archer and an wizard and try lvl they at same time
    then i gonna see the difereces between they...
    and if I become bored of one keep playing with the other...
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    oh
    nevermind
    i become tired of the archer fast...

only playing with the wiz now

ty for the advices to all...

cumps
    pingflips
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I never said I got bored, I've been playing this wizard for a year now, still not 89 and I still love her. I loved every level, I got so many good memories... I just said that if you got bored of cleric at lvl 50, and you dont have any dedication to the class, than you have a good chance of getting bored, specially during the 50's.
    +1
    So true.
    My first char ever was an archer.
    Then I tried a cleric.
    Then I tried a wizard. And loved it.

Once you go high lvl wizard you never go back. The wizard is just a powerhouse. Hard to lvl? no, not now with BH/CS/WQ. Soooo much xp for free basically. Before I had to work hours to get BH XP from quests/grinds, not to lvl an alt is just stupid easy. Wanna reroll? wait a little, there might be a new XP x 2 event soon ( winter holydays).

Did every wiz played an archer before?????b:chuckle

OK OP
    Im not going to sugar coat ANYTHING! Playing a wizard is(was?) HARD! When i was leveling up, there was no BH. Just cs and quest but around late 3x/early 4x you get a shortage of quests. Only thing left to do was grind and unless you find the right mobs YOU WILL DIE A LOT!!!!! When i played my wiz NO ONE wanted to squad with me. I had to prove to everyone what i could do and in the process, I died! There were MANY, MANY, MANY times when i wanted to quit playing and there were times when i quit playing but there is something about wizard that brought me back (maybe it was because i couldnt get demon skills for my archer -.-). Those moments were what made me such a good wizard. I had many people tell me I am good at my class and that compensates the hell i had to go through.

To everyone who said playing wizard is easy....
    Ok, make a wiz and DONT DO:
    CS
    BH
    Oracles
    Get to lvl 60 and tell me how easy it is.

kthxbaib:bye

P.S. Enjoy OP...Enjoy b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    +1

OK OP
    Im not going to sugar coat ANYTHING! Playing a wizard is(was?) HARD! When i was leveling up, there was no BH. Just cs and quest but around late 3x/early 4x you get a shortage of quests. Only thing left to do was grind and unless you find the right mobs YOU WILL DIE A LOT!!!!! When i played my wiz NO ONE wanted to squad with me. I had to prove to everyone what i could do and in the process, I died! There were MANY, MANY, MANY times when i wanted to quit playing and there were times when i quit playing but there is something about wizard that brought me back (maybe it was because i couldnt get demon skills for my archer -.-). Those moments were what made me such a good wizard. I had many people tell me I am good at my class and that compensates the hell i had to go through.

CS
    BH
    Oracles

Quoted for Truth...
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    +1

OK OP

CS
    BH
    Oracles

Playing is still easy. Not doing the dailies would just make you level up slower. Grinding is easy because I don't die, and monsters die fast. Hell of a lot easier than my cleric (clerics can kill things pretty fast, but I winded up using more MP and therefore more pots/more med. time because I needed to use heals) and barb. And pretty much the same thing as my archer. The difference being I don't ever really have to meditate with my archer because of winged shell recovering MP for free.
    The only thing I can think of that may be easier is probably being an axe BM, since they can AOE grind. I can't compare that yet, but I'm leveling up an axe BM now to see what it's like.

I still don't see why people say being a wizard is hard. If you're dying a lot, it's not a wizard issue. Staying alive is easy for any class.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Playing is still easy. Not doing the dailies would just make you level up slower. Grinding is easy because I don't die, and monsters die fast. Hell of a lot easier than my cleric (clerics can kill things pretty fast, but I winded up using more MP and therefore more pots/more med. time because I needed to use heals) and barb. And pretty much the same thing as my archer. The difference being I don't ever really have to meditate with my archer because of winged shell recovering MP for free.
    The only thing I can think of that may be easier is probably being an axe BM, since they can AOE grind. I can't compare that yet, but I'm leveling up an axe BM now to see what it's like.

I still don't see why people say being a wizard is hard. If you're dying a lot, it's not a wizard issue. Staying alive is easy for any class.

Not for a wizard in arcane. I dont know you may have done vit or LA but a pure mag wiz DOES NOT stay alive long until your gush is leveled decently, your blink is leveled decently, you have WotP and FoW.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze