How do Wizards make money?

Options
JaneGray - Lost City
JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
BLEH!

I'm really struggling with money right now. Because I switched from LA to Arcane I'm definitely having a way bigger mana pool, so I am only buying HP pots, but I'm still having trouble with money.

I need to buy my Wheel of Fate soon and it's so expensive! I also want to save for a better aero, some better armor, and maybe some fashion, but HOW THE HECK DO WIZZIES MAKE MONEY?

I'm trying to save money by:
making hp/mana powders
increased my inv and selling everything mobs drop
only buying spells/skills that I need
and a few other things.

What else can I do to save money, and how can I save money for Wheel of Fate, among all the other things? :D:D:D

Thanks guys! :D
[SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
Post edited by JaneGray - Lost City on

Comments

• Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary
    Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I manage to do it by doing the Rep Quests from the guards.

And I don't really use much money on MP or HP. Lvl2-3 Morning Dew, MAXED Glacial Embrace and an updated Wellspring Quaff makes me rarely have to use anything... Even in FB's/BH's, whatever you want to call it.

So just start collecting coins from enemy drops and help with random instance runs. You'll be fine.
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    what are rep quests from guards?

do i talk to the guards for these? which ones?
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary
    Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    what are rep quests from guards?

do i talk to the guards for these? which ones?

Any one of the quests that have you kill like 20-45+ enemies for a celestone or whatever. These are the repeatable ones around your level.

It keeps me focused and on monsters so that while I get bored, I also get mats (from the surrounding area) and rep for rank-ups. In addition to the hoards of gold, with little to no worry about spending money.
  • lasttemplar
    lasttemplar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    HOW THE HECK DO WIZZIES MAKE MONEY?

I'm trying to save money by:
    making hp/mana powders
    increased my inv and selling everything mobs drop
    only buying spells/skills that I need
    and a few other things.

Well, mistake number one is even using pots....stop

Replace MP pots with Glacial Embrace and HP pots with Morning Dew. Youll have to med, but youll only be slightly slower than if you were using pots and save tons of money

Find a mob near your level that drops materials and farm it. It will most likely drop good DQs too. Farm any mats near the mobs and dedicate some time to sell them at a reasonable but profitable price

Avoid getting hit, otherwise youll have to use Morning Dew constantly, and that means you kill less mobs per meditation, which means slower kills and less money. Only mobs who should be hitting you should be increased life and increased movement speed mobs and the ocasional lucky schmock

Dont do One Man Army quests unless the NPC who gives you the quest is near the mobs you are farming. Otherwise, youll be wasting lots of time going back and forth when you could be killing mobs and making more money. Once you have a mount or fast flying gear, then you should start doing One Man Army quests

It might take you a few days, but youll be making some pretty good coin. You might also want to stop leveling for a while by transfering exp to your genie. The reason I tell you this is because if you level, drop rates go down, and thus you get less drops and this means less money. That being said, no reason to transfer all your exp to the genie, just give it enough so you can farm for a good while

Lastly, keep in mind that higher level mobs drop higher level DQ items, which sell for more money. So I suggest you prioritize a bit on what you really really need now (Armor, wep, etc), get to a higher level, and as you go buy the less indispensable items that you want (Fashion, faster aerogear)

PS: Better weapon > Better armor
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Farm mats, easiest way to make money with little to no repair bill, little to no charm cost, minimum pot usage, it just basically requires time and you make sure profit at the end, learn how to take advantage of certain things like being able to buy zen from ah with in game coin and then using that to provide the needs of those who ex: are obsessed over fashion and w/e related to it and finally, the best of all, buying and reselling.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Do what i did...

1:Farm mats find a good route that has all four types and with the maximum number of mats plus it should be timed that mat will appear just about the time u run on top of it.
    2:The best mobs u can kill by that i mean Water mobs ofcourse nothing beats grinding+farming DragonMaids for DQs they give ALOT of DQs almost one DQ per mob that and u can 2 shoot them easy with a SS+SR combo.
    3:Start a biz...I got in the ult sub biz buying low selling high after i made some descent cash with farming but when they put Anni packs back my biz went kaboom and now am poor again :(
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Trade stuff - thats how I make my coins
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wizard? Money? nah not goes well together unless teamed with Cleric for DQ of 61+ then money is awesome.b:victory
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You should have bought tokens at the beginning of the event for 16k, they sell for 25k now and will for 30k+ in a few weeks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:sad
    lol
    me has the answer for you....
    stop wasting your monies~! b:infuriated
    why are you even buying health pots??? (>.<)'
    and you don't need wheel of fate~! (X_x)'
    me went to level 65 using that one level 48 quest weapon from jewelscalen. b:angry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heybigbadj
    heybigbadj Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, at lower levels you can't really do this, but when you get higher levels of wellspring quaff, and advanced spark eruption... use the quaff to increase max mana, and then your eruption recovers quite abit of mana. This really helps to eliminate mp pot use, or at least reduce it.
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    should i really give all my exp to my genie? will the drop rate decreasee?
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
    edited November 2009
    Options

drop rate of what?
    ehhhh me am against giving exp to genies but your choice?
    X_x'

also drop rate won't change as long as your level doesn't change.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad idea is straight up bad b:surrender

You make more money and the game is just better at higher levels (for mages at least). If you really really want to make money more than level, then get to ~70 & start farming rebirth gamma. 1 run a day = 500k+ coins & by level 85 you can stop leveling & just raise genies; but don't feed exp to genies before then b:shocked.

Check out the rebirth guide I wrote up in the Dungeons & Tactics section, That setup is particularly sweet because 1 bronze HP charm (+100 sesame pots) will last you roughly 5-8 complete rebirths (approx 2.5-5mil profits).
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Be glad that your repair bills aren't crazy like bm's or barbs. b:chuckle
    I personally don't have more than at most 30 mins online a day, but I've been able to get some nice things by finding a niche in the market, which I can sustain with an overnight catshop and checking catshops for 15 mins or so.

Got a maxed nakir and a hellhound speed 11 in 1.5 months b:laugh

Edit: I don't cash shop
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad idea is straight up bad b:surrender

You make more money and the game is just better at higher levels (for mages at least). If you really really want to make money more than level, then get to ~70 & start farming rebirth gamma. 1 run a day = 500k+ coins & by level 85 you can stop leveling & just raise genies; but don't feed exp to genies before then b:shocked.

Check out the rebirth guide I wrote up in the Dungeons & Tactics section, That setup is particularly sweet because 1 bronze HP charm (+100 sesame pots) will last you roughly 5-8 complete rebirths (approx 2.5-5mil profits).
    awesome, thank you! can you give me a link to your thread?
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    awesome, thank you! can you give me a link to your thread?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=484932

hope it helps :)
  • Bloodknight - Harshlands
    Bloodknight - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Use apo powders! ( this is for my wizard alt btw )

I carry Mana + 50 powders all the time. They keep me from meditating while grinding ( well sometimes i meditate but takes me no longer then 30 seconds )

Also if you buy the herbs for some coins on a cat-shop you will get a excellent coin to mana ratio. When grinding mobs i start out to find the best macro for the mob so that they won't hit me. Then after getting chi up i use wellspring quaff to max mana. I meditate till full, then start to grind. When mana gets to 50% then i pop on my powder for 10 minutes non stop grinding without pot use. Use Morning dew when you are at lower then 50% hp to max it's HP to mana ratio.

I personally don't like grinding on water mobs. While they do give a nice exp boost i just hate that i can't kite if needed or meditate when i want. at www.pwdatabase.com you can see who drops the much needed Rough Fur, Concentrated glue and Purified oil. Those mats sell for 6.5K easy and one a hour grind on those i usually get 10 of one type.

Hope this helps ^^
  • Silverhawk - Dreamweaver
    Silverhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    By Meditating b:chuckle
    edited November 2009
    Options

I personally don't like grinding on water mobs. While they do give a nice exp boost i just hate that i can't kite if needed or meditate when i want.

zmog agreed thats why me hate grinding on water mobs.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InvokerMage - Lost City
    InvokerMage - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    HOW THE HECK DO WIZZIES MAKE MONEY?

a wizard once told me that as a wizard, you shouldnt bother about money, because your worth in the game is measured on how strong your character is, and for wizards, the thing that makes your character strong, is the levels of your skills. you should always be broke until you have all your skills (at which stage you start farming your 90 gear).

personally i dont use pots if im grinding. pots are a back up in case something fcks up (and this happens to everyone) and you end up spamming pots for the sole purpose of keeping your **** alive, getting as much hp as you can, FAST

if youre grinding, why use hp pots? you have a skill called morning dew. use it. why use mp pots? level your water shield a bit and just meditate