Great Idea For TW for the EXPANSION!! trust me

mekkan90
mekkan90 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Ok here goes :)

When i was thinking about the expansion and the map getting bigger i thought that the GM's could maybe make an extra place, like an BIG Island next to the place we are at the map.

So i thought that the Island could have atleast 3-6 territories that you can take over BUT if you have a territory in the map we have atm you cant take over a territory in that big island and that would make it more fun for the people in guilds that isnt strong as the leading guilds in the servers.

When you play this game i know that 80% if the people looks forward to TW especially people with the ending gear and theres not so much to do other thenTW and for other people that cant even enjoy tw cause factions being to strong and no fun can atleast go and do some TW in the Island and then the bigger guilds could do TW in the map we got now in game.

To prevent that island not getting owned by a faction you cant even beat like the factions in the other server the gms could fix 3-6 small territories and not so big ones and you can only rule 2 territories in that island then the people wont give up their hopes atleast, and to even make it fun.
Post edited by mekkan90 on

Comments

• mekkan90
    edited October 2009
    damn forgot to make a pole
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1: Suggestions forum.
    2: Main faction makes sister faction for the new lands and uses their pre-established reputation and funds to easily take over.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So basically a limit on the new territories coming with an expansion? Is that what you want?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Basically just a TW island for the lower leveled factions to mess around on? Honestly, it's not really a bad idea. Gives other factions a shot at TW and a chance to experience it without being wiped in 5 minutes.

Only flaw would be a slightly higher leveled faction coming along and being asses and taking full control of all the Nub Island territories. Basically causing a small scale version of today's predicament. If the map goes red, the next best faction move to the island.
  • mekkan90
    edited October 2009
    yeah but the next faction can only take over 2 territories so with 3-6 territories they cant take it all :) so thats a good idea
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    me suggestion...
    get better yourself
    and take over territories for your faction.
    b:chuckle

but a new island split into 6??? seriously? O.o'
    that must be a huge island.
    would be nice lol.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Currently, each territory gives a guild 10 mil a week-- what would you think that the new island should give? As far as extra perks, guild members can teleport to those territories, Do you suggest a teleport just to the teleporter on the island...?

Sounds good, but you gotta think it out just a little more. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Currently, each territory gives a guild 10 mil a week-- what would you think that the new island should give? As far as extra perks, guild members can teleport to those territories, Do you suggest a teleport just to the teleporter on the island...?

Sounds good, but you gotta think it out just a little more. b:victory

agreed.

me suppose the island should give less say 200k-1mil a week (since there is 6 spots after all and the limit there of only people without mainland territory can go there)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    (since there is 6 spots after all and the limit there of only people without mainland territory can go there)

I love that idea-- a good way to keep people on the mainland from even hogging 2/6. Would be sad to see CQ Spec and RQ on there..... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Suprisingly, this isnt a bad idea at all. It would give everyone on the new classes a chance to level at a normal rate and do tws with people around their exprience levels.

Like the idea but one question though, would you be able to transport to this island or is it just for TW purposes?

And also I would think if they did this, It would be nice that after you own the territory in the island that you have like "Vacational" Privlege so that you could chill and relax in your beach island territory.

Also for this new island it would be cool that after you own one of these places you get access to like different mobs so for example if Leveling places were to crowded you can go to your territory and level, but hey idk :)
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Flame$ - Lost City
    Flame$ - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    quite frankly i like the idea a faction that im in isnt very strong but we could be good enough to win territory so love the idea! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]~Flame$[/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    2: Main faction makes sister faction for the new lands and uses their pre-established reputation and funds to easily take over.

This is the one problem I see with the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • BloodJunky - Harshlands
    BloodJunky - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    or they simply just lose the territory they currently have now to go take that one when it was released lol
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This thread should be moved to suggestions forum. b:surrender

This is an interesting idea. Another thought I just had along these lines from reading this. Implement your island idea as suggested, but instead of having a limit on the number of territories you can control, have territories reset every week, and have two factions bid on a territory at a time. Basically make it an arena style territory war where you get a one time prize for winning and access for a week to whatever "goodies" that territory provides (pots, teleport, whatever), and then two new factions get to bid on it. You could even make it so that the faction that won that territory last week can't bid on the same one again for a few weeks, insuring some movement between factions. (They could of course bid on a different one.)
  • P_J_King - Heavens Tear
    P_J_King - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    its a good idea but not sure about the sisterfactions maybe put a player lvl limit on there too. so only faction members within a certain lvl range could control
  • mekkan90
    edited November 2009
    the island doesnt have to big, it could be pretty smal but have 6 smal territories and you could level up there or farm matts like the actual territories we got now, just a normal island with the same things as the territories we got now has but just that factions can just take over tops 2 territories there and then make up a story why you can only take over 2 territories maybe like, well a big banks man owns that island etc, i dont know because i never thought of that lol i just wanted to bring a smal piece of the idea.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So basically, instead of the strongest faction owning all current territory + the island,we have the faction own all the territory we have now + 2,and the second and third strongest faction hog the rest of the territories?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So basically, instead of the strongest faction owning all current territory + the island,we have the faction own all the territory we have now + 2,and the second and third strongest faction hog the rest of the territories?

No, I believe what the OP was trying to say that if a faction already owns land, they can't bid on the new lands coming with the expansion.

Nice try, but no cookie. Several problems with this idea. For one, the inevitable QQing. We deserve to own moar land yadda yadda.
    Two, what about the faction that establishes itself on the island? They'll want to expand on to the mainland. Meaning they would have a steady income (although not much) safely nested on the island, with no actual threat; seeing how major factions that already own land wouldn't be able to attack them. The only factions that could attack would be 2nd (well, 3rd) rate factions who again wouldn't pose much of a threat.

Biggest reason of all, devs suck. Pure and simple. Even if we were to iron out any theoretical bugs, it would require extra work on the devs part. I don't remember that ever happening :p
    b:dirty
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is already a rule like that in game

A main faction cannot own two of the lvl 1 cities. If they just fix that bug a lot of TW will improve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    No, I believe what the OP was trying to say that if a faction already owns land, they can't bid on the new lands coming with the expansion.

Nice try, but no cookie. Several problems with this idea. For one, the inevitable QQing. We deserve to own moar land yadda yadda.
    Two, what about the faction that establishes itself on the island? They'll want to expand on to the mainland. Meaning they would have a steady income (although not much) safely nested on the island, with no actual threat; seeing how major factions that already own land wouldn't be able to attack them. The only factions that could attack would be 2nd (well, 3rd) rate factions who again wouldn't pose much of a threat.

Biggest reason of all, devs suck. Pure and simple. Even if we were to iron out any theoretical bugs, it would require extra work on the devs part. I don't remember that ever happening :p
    If he means that a faction already owning territory on the mainland cant own island territory,we'll just have 3 guilds who always owns the territory on the island. Either way,people will start complaining.

There usually isn't a change in power unless either a very high level player creates a new guild and gets his very high friends to join, or if there's a guild full of CSers who all have warsoul and lunar stuff. And then, when the strong factions own the territories, the lower level factions will start complaining. What annoys me is that people think they can be amazing by not doing anything. A faction with 78 lvl 20's isn't going to beat a guild full of lvl 90's. You have to work towards it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have to say that it is not a bad idea, but to tell you... If you're playing on Heaven's Tear you will see how colorful our map is, and that is because all you need is a good leader to make a strong new guild, by the time RoC used to pwn most of the guilds there was Radiance and Evolution fighting back, after a while RoC did die... and Enrage popped up. Not long after that, with indeed good leaders, Tao and Caesar also popped up.

If you can trust your members and you are a good leader, your guild will Not fail. A really good example is Radiance, they are the only guild that lasted this much, and yes Evo did fall down as I think they almost died too. New guilds (on the map) come and go. The people on Heaven's Tear must've noticed that already, I have enough examples to give, but can't remember them all, a few of them that have been on the map but either fallen or died (or just lost and took a break) are: Enlighten, Triad, Assault, Belial and others... Evolution has currently taken a break I guess.

Also if you didn't understand my point, it is that new guilds can come and take over the land, and beat the stronger guilds. All you need is a good leader and trustworthly members, that won't let you down.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I have to say that it is not a bad idea, but to tell you... If you're playing on Heaven's Tear you will see how colorful our map is, and that is because all you need is a good leader to make a strong new guild, by the time RoC used to pwn most of the guilds there was Radiance and Evolution fighting back, after a while RoC did die... and Enrage popped up. Not long after that, with indeed good leaders, Tao and Caesar also popped up.

If you can trust your members and you are a good leader, your guild will Not fail. A really good example is Radiance, they are the only guild that lasted this much, and yes Evo did fall down as I think they almost died too. New guilds (on the map) come and go. The people on Heaven's Tear must've noticed that already, I have enough examples to give, but can't remember them all, a few of them that have been on the map but either fallen or died (or just lost and took a break) are: Enlighten, Triad, Assault, Belial and others... Evolution has currently taken a break I guess.

Also if you didn't understand my point, it is that new guilds can come and take over the land, and beat the stronger guilds. All you need is a good leader and trustworthly members, that won't let you down.
    And CSers....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thats true you need money to make a good guild, and strong aswell. If every member gives a little then the guild will grow b:cute
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • mekkan90
    edited November 2009
    the factions that owns the territory in the island can just work their way up and start leveling up and then go on to the main land instead, making that little island and having a couple of factions owning some territories in the island will atleast make them work harder to be able to keep their 2 or 1 territory, cause people will mostly attack the island at the start, so to be able to keep the territorys everyone has to keep leveling up and after that when the guilds has worked their way up and has the levels they can just go on to the mainland but the island should just give 5-7 mil coins so they wont be stuck in the island and start doing TW in the main land
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    mekkan90 wrote: »
    the factions that owns the territory in the island can just work their way up and start leveling up and then go on to the main land instead, making that little island and having a couple of factions owning some territories in the island will atleast make them work harder to be able to keep their 2 or 1 territory, cause people will mostly attack the island at the start, so to be able to keep the territorys everyone has to keep leveling up and after that when the guilds has worked their way up and has the levels they can just go on to the mainland but the island should just give 5-7 mil coins so they wont be stuck in the island and start doing TW in the main land
    They'll own at max 6 territories giving them what- 6-7 mil each? Against a faction owning,what,40 territories (not sure how many there are)? I'de like to see them win. At most,if they ally with the 2nd and 3rd best mainland factions, they might win 1-2 territories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Limiting territories per faction to a fixed number will lead to a stalemate:
    What happens when the strongest faction is maxed? They won't be able to attack, but they won't be losing land either. This will repeat with the 2nd, 3rd and so on. In the best situation, there will be a few lands that will be fought over by the weaker factions. However, the situation still wouldn't change, the strongest faction wouldn't be losing any land as they would just get the TW reward weekly while defending their lands.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • mekkan90
    edited November 2009
    omg, even if the faction on the mainland owns all the territorys other factions can still beat them, its not impossible and the factions in the island that has territories might have leveled up and cought up with the people in in the main land and then can attack them.

geez its not impossible to beat the faction that owns all the territories, just work hard
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok here goes :)

When i was thinking about the expansion and the map getting bigger i thought that the GM's could maybe make an extra place, like an BIG Island next to the place we are at the map.

So i thought that the Island could have atleast 3-6 territories that you can take over BUT if you have a territory in the map we have atm you cant take over a territory in that big island and that would make it more fun for the people in guilds that isnt strong as the leading guilds in the servers.

When you play this game i know that 80% if the people looks forward to TW especially people with the ending gear and theres not so much to do other thenTW and for other people that cant even enjoy tw cause factions being to strong and no fun can atleast go and do some TW in the Island and then the bigger guilds could do TW in the map we got now in game.

To prevent that island not getting owned by a faction you cant even beat like the factions in the other server the gms could fix 3-6 small territories and not so big ones and you can only rule 2 territories in that island then the people wont give up their hopes atleast, and to even make it fun.

stupid idea. but hey... i guess the big guild's trainning guild needs some land too.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • mekkan90
    edited November 2009
    stupid idea. but hey... i guess the big guild's trainning guild needs some land too.

so is that a bad idea? just because your in a big guild who owns the whole map?
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so is that a bad idea? just because your in a big guild who owns the whole map?

He's saying that the big guilds have smaller guilds that they use to train their lower level players by attacking the main branch so they can learn the ins and outs of TW. Your idea would just let those smaller branches take over additional land while the main branch would be unaffected in what they control AND can train new members.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]