DragonHunt Axe question

jasonw979
jasonw979 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
ok this might be a complex and hard question to answer but I'll ask anyway.

You know how when you fight mobs at melee range, the mobs uses physical attack and sometimes uses a magic attack. and you know how if you attack a mob at a certain range it only uses magic attack on you.

Now I noticed that the lvl 95 lunar weapon Dragonhunt axe gives a plus 2 range bonus. so I am wondering if I use it to attack a mob with those axes does will the mob only use magic att on me? or perhaps is the range too short and the mob will still use magic and physical att on me.

Please if anyone can help me. Thanks
Post edited by jasonw979 on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    jasonw979 wrote: »
    ok this might be a complex and hard question to answer but I'll ask anyway.

You know how when you fight mobs at melee range, the mobs uses physical attack and sometimes uses a magic attack. and you know how if you attack a mob at a certain range it only uses magic attack on you.

Now I noticed that the lvl 95 lunar weapon Dragonhunt axe gives a plus 2 range bonus. so I am wondering if I use it to attack a mob with those axes does will the mob only use magic att on me? or perhaps is the range too short and the mob will still use magic and physical att on me.

Please if anyone can help me. Thanks

im willing to say that it will still physical you cause the polearm's range is 4.5 and that axe is 5.5 so i think you should be safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    im willing to say that it will still physical you cause the polearm's range is 4.5 and that axe is 5.5 so i think you should be safe.

the mobs will only use magic, min magic range is 5
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know this thread is a few days old.... still I have to comment.

Just because you get extra range with the axes, if you're attacking a mob with them, you are engaging in melee, which means you will be subjected to melee attacks in return. And you might take combined melee/ranged with the mob, but in those cases you would still take the additional attack without the extra +2 range.

And.... Dragonhunt axes, at least until the expansion weapon lvl upgrade system is in place, are pretty fail use for Lunar Insignia Weapon, except for purely PvE purposes. Sure you'll do a little bit more damage, but against other BM and WB or heavy WF, you really want zerk spike damage for endgame, even if it's not predictable or consistent.

An extra refine or higher grade shard will compensate for the higher damage of the higher grade axes, but unless you can afford to upgrade the Dragonhunt to lvl 15 and get the zerk additional random-add berserk or advanced berserk then you really have failed. And, if the upgrades are allowed, you'd still be able to upgrade GX to the same level and most likely the same damage and refine bonuses.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    God... you guys are lvl 90+ ... How can you not know mobs will use magic only? Get a friggin TT60 polearm (range 5m) and test it!

fail..... (except Nevlik ofcourse ^^)