PvE vs PvP

Options
2»

Comments

• $Crash$ - Harshlands
    $Crash$ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I played Perfect World MY a lot, reached lvl 90 ....

Here is how it works,

- once you get lvl 30 + your name is white and you can get pk and pk any other lvl 30+ players.

- If you pk a White named players, and you do kill him, your name goes orange ...the more players you kill, the more red your name gets.

- Having an orange to blood red name means you can drop items when you get pk by other players.. YOUR items. The more red your name is, the more chance you have to drop your items if you get kill by another players.

- PKs gets your name more and more red... also each kills gives you a 4 hours debuff ... ( the debuff is the your name.. in red, and makes you drop items if you get pk. )

Dolls, wich are items you can buy from item mall, can reduce chances of droping items, sometimes, even when I had a doll in my backpack, I still droped an item from my backpack ... like a hierogram :(

- So let's make an exemple:

- I'm a lvl 70 and my name is white .. I go around and the guy keep Kill stealing me ... his name is white too and he's lvl 67 ( red names for 4 hours each kill for any PK, whatever their lvl is. )

- I attack him !

- Both our names goes pink ( in combat vs another player ) fight end, I killed the guy .. My name is now orange, and It will stay the same color for the next 4 hours, then it will come back to white.

- If I kill another player 2 hours after that incident, My name will get more red, and another 4 hours debuff will be add to the 2 hours left I got from killing the first player. I have more chance to drop an item if I get pk now.

So in Perfect World MY, it's not worth it to go around and pk everyone for fun, you'll get a red name and people will hunt you down to make you drop items. But, if you argue with someone and your just tired of his stupid ****, you can go ahead and kill him.

If you attack and kill someone that has a PK debuff ( orange to blood red name ) you WONT get a debuff b:laugh Your name will go pink during the fight... and after you kill him, your name will stay pink for around 30 secs and then go back to white.

Is there one of the 2 kind of servers in Perfect World Int'l that has the same system ?

If not, then it's a big fail cause Perfect World was never meant to be played another way.

Answer my question please so I know if I'll stay on Perfect Wolrd MY or come to Perfect World Int'l.

Thanks
  • demans
    demans Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Here is how it works,

- once you get lvl 30 + your name is white and you can get pk and pk any other lvl 30+ players.

- If you pk a White named players, and you do kill him, your name goes orange ...the more players you kill, the more red your name gets.

- Having an orange to blood red name means you can drop items when you get pk by other players.. YOUR items. The more red your name is, the more chance you have to drop your items if you get kill by another players.

- PKs gets your name more and more red... also each kills gives you a 4 hours debuff ... ( the debuff is the your name.. in red, and makes you drop items if you get pk. )

Dolls, wich are items you can buy from item mall, can reduce chances of droping items, sometimes, even when I had a doll in my backpack, I still droped an item from my backpack ... like a hierogram :(

- I'm a lvl 70 and my name is white .. I go around and the guy keep Kill stealing me ... his name is white too and he's lvl 67 ( red names for 4 hours each kill for any PK, whatever their lvl is. )

- I attack him !

- Both our names goes pink ( in combat vs another player ) fight end, I killed the guy .. My name is now orange, and It will stay the same color for the next 4 hours, then it will come back to white.

- If I kill another player 2 hours after that incident, My name will get more red, and another 4 hours debuff will be add to the 2 hours left I got from killing the first player. I have more chance to drop an item if I get pk now.

So in Perfect World MY, it's not worth it to go around and pk everyone for fun, you'll get a red name and people will hunt you down to make you drop items. But, if you argue with someone and your just tired of his stupid ****, you can go ahead and kill him.

If you attack and kill someone that has a PK debuff ( orange to blood red name ) you WONT get a debuff b:laugh Your name will go pink during the fight... and after you kill him, your name will stay pink for around 30 secs and then go back to white.

Is there one of the 2 kind of servers in Perfect World Int'l that has the same system ?

If not, then it's a big fail cause Perfect World was never meant to be played another way.

On PWI, u only get red for 2 hours per white name kill,u go pink when u att a player and, if u kill another pink name u winrt get the "debuff", also guardian angels complty protect u from dropin for 1 death per use.
  • $Crash$ - Harshlands
    $Crash$ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    demans wrote: »
    On PWI, u only get red for 2 hours per white name kill,u go pink when u att a player and, if u kill another pink name u winrt get the "debuff", also guardian angels complty protect u from dropin for 1 death per use.

Thanks for the answer....Perfect World Int'l is **** then. I won't reroll, that,s sure thing.

Good luck to you all !
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thanks ya thaT MORE than answers my original question and its pretty much what i thought. I def like PvP over PvE and im brand new to this game and ANY other mmorpg and ya i do get killed a couple random times when i play but not enough to whine abouyt it. And i had no idea i was gettin myself into a PvP server when i first started with my wizard on sanc i wanted to play pve but now im glad i accidently stumbled onto a pvp server LC which is what i play now.

but now after readin all these my next question is what the hell is PW MY i play PWI and didnt know there wasw another one?? or what u guys mean by PW MY????
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    bump....just tryin to get an answer lol
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    what the hell is PW MY i play PWI and didnt know there wasw another one?? or what u guys mean by PW MY????

PW MY in my understanding is the first version and basically the origin from what pwi is based on. Pwi is the american release of perfect world. The game originates from china though.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Here is how it works,

- I attack him !

Hmm... seems like all servers on PWI were actually infact carebears compared to other versions b:cute (talk about our ignorance b:shocked )
    Altho personally, especially the GA bit makes me feel insured even on pve pvp or pvpservers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ElMiedo - Heavens Tear
    ElMiedo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PvP servers are everything which was stated above, except for one big fact.

If you play on a PvP server, you better have money if you plan on pking. If not, you'll have **** gear, get killed(mainly if you don't have charms,can get pricey), and lose items(if you don't have guardians or w/e they're called/binded equipment). With the prices of gold these days, you're going to have a tough road ahead. Unless you can afford to shell out some real cash.

That's the only thing which made me go back to PvE servers. I just don't have the time or money to make things happen in PvP...b:sad
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    in PVE servers, even if you never go white, you can get PKed in the Cube, either in the corner of Room 1, or in other rooms where its part of the Cube game. and since the PKers are not able to gank as they can in PVP servers, they massmurder often by boss dragging, pulling a boss into a crowd of unsuspecting players, and letting the boss do the killing for them. this is especially sick, because it serves no purpose other than to cause havoc to others.

I remember when I hit 30 and a bunch of RQ 8x - 9x's would grief me. b:angry Then the whole ShortBus saga, RedHawk saga, and so on and so forth.... I can recall Heaven's Tear being a "you will die so get ready" kinda thing.

Oh and to answer your question....

PvE servers - characters can choose when they want to PK. It's a lot harder to RPK on a PvE server just because most people will not be in PvP mode.

PvP servers - a lot of players have no morals and will gank you, grief you, and pwn you. Level doesn't matter, if you are able to be attacked you will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There really is no big difference in otherwords.

lol. And i am the president of Zimbabwe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    PW MY in my understanding is the first version and basically the origin from what pwi is based on. Pwi is the american release of perfect world. The game originates from china though.

The original was the P2P version, then PW-CN (china), then various other versions up until PWI. PW-MY is PW Malaysia, which is what many people came from when this version came out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol. And i am the president of Zimbabwe

I doubt you ever played real player to player game if you did you would know what I mean.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Rockstare - Heavens Tear
    Rockstare - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I doubt you ever played real player to player game if you did you would know what I mean.

i get your thrill here :)

and i have to agree.

i came here from wow pvp rank 1