need help choosing class

afonsotrolha
afonsotrolha Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello perfect world pro players :D i played a lot of mmorpgs (including wow) and my favorite class has always been the rogue/assassin/ninja. You know, those who can achieve stealth and atack fast, lots of crits. But in kinda tired of wow and i want to try perfect world but cant decide which to choose. I know none can achive stealth but thats not a problem. I also want to say that i dislike archers. I personnaly hate warriors with those huge **** armors and axes. But i also want to be good at pvp (im good at finding strategies). My friend told me about some warrior using fist weapons but after some searching i came to the conclusion that they are not very good. So you guys got it.... high crit rate, fast atack speed, high evasion. Please give some opinions (lol now i just realised i wrote a huge **** text b:victory) oh and by the way please dont tell me to go play ether saga i know it has rogues but i dont like the manga style graphics and i get really low fps with settings set to minimum while in pw i can almost max everythin :D

Well thank you :D but unfurtunantlyi dont like casters looks like its time to pick another game thanks anyway u.u b:cry

omg im so confused tried jade dynasty yesterday didnt liked much. Ive made some kind of a decision now i just have to choose between blademaster (sword, spear or fist) or archer >.<' still searching a lot. Seems like spear atacks fast and rocks in pvp
Post edited by afonsotrolha on

Comments

• Ithila - Sanctuary
    Ithila - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    you ask for a lot :P
    well at least you dont want a archer or BM
    so 4 classes left.
    the veno is good, but you're not the one who attacks, your pet attacks.
    (disadvanage, you can only be a girl)
    if you want much crit. the barb is the best (i think) because they need pretty much dex. which increases the crit. hit rate.
    but they also wear big armor
    the wizard and cleric dont wear big armor, so that could be nice.
    besides both classes can heal themselves.
    personally i would choose between those 2 :)
    hope i helped you a bit and didnt; made too much grammer mistakes.b:chuckle
    Inferno Marshal
  • kaine17
    kaine17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well... you COULD go experimental and do a claw/fist bm wearing light armor... I wonder if anyone's tried that before o_o
    just add a lot of dex

edit: oh lol sry didn't see that part in the middle ><
    edit#2: there's an assassin-like class in jade dynasty... has open beta started yet?
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    you ask for a lot :P
    well at least you dont want a archer or BM
    so 4 classes left.
    the veno is good, but you're not the one who attacks, your pet attacks.
    (disadvanage, you can only be a girl)
    if you want much crit. the barb is the best (i think) because they need pretty much dex. which increases the crit. hit rate.
    but they also wear big armor
    the wizard and cleric dont wear big armor, so that could be nice.
    besides both classes can heal themselves.
    personally i would choose between those 2 :)
    hope i helped you a bit and didnt; made too much grammer mistakes.b:chuckle

As you know many guys play Venos because they have no choice. I'm a female playing a Veno so maybe I'm a rarity haha. Also Venos can buy a Legendary Pet Hercules at any time in the game, he has no level requirement. He's $200 so if you can plonk down the cash, you are one lucky Veno who can solo dungeons etc etc with no problems.

I have a Cleric and a Veno and I enjoy both a lot
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Funnily enough, the classes with the highest crit, evasion and attack rate are basically the archer and blademaster, which are the two classes you say you don't want to be.

Maybe venomancer (with light armor) would suit you ok - it is, of course, different from rogue style classes, and although it is a caster it is the pet class and would probably do sufficient to satisfy all your other requirements.

You could even level some of your fox form skills, and use fox form to change up your play style if you feel like it.
  • Henery - Dreamweaver
    Henery - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think you will like the cleric. I am a archer, but my native class is the cleric, and I find them really good. They don't have as many attacks as the other classes, but they are really good in Pvp because they can heal themselves, Buff themselves up (Attack increasing, Etc.) Plus you can revive people if they die.
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    High damage, fast attack, high evasion
    ARCHER

Low damage, fast attack, normal evasion
    FIST BLADEMASTER
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I read this sentence from Ithila about 10 times to see if i read it wrong:

"if you want much crit. the barb is the best (i think) because they need pretty much dex. which increases the crit. hit rate."

Barb... DEX... emh... yeah right. I'm yet to see a barb who adds dex to his build, that would be fun to watch.

Back to the topic...

U only have 2 choices if u dont like Archers: Sword BM and Fist BM.
    Sword hits harder than Fists but have less crit rate due to less DEX on build.
    U wont have evasion and accouracy probs with both of them.

If u dont like Heavy armor u can always try light armor BM... which i dont recommend cause these 2 types of BM dont have lots of vit and ur HP will go down so fast that u wont be able to fit ur role in a squad properly.

Hope it helps
  • Armageddeon - Sanctuary
    Armageddeon - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think you're considering the blademaster class PWI to be like the warrior class in WoW. I guess it kinda is, but it's the closest thing you'll get to a rogue. The BM class in PWI is like an Arms/Fury warrior in WoW with a rogue's ability to stunlock, cause bleeds, and stop casting (not all in the same weapon spec). They can deal damage and crit, or can be adjusted to tank.

The Barbarian in PWI is more like your Prot specced Warrior in WoW. He has really high hp and defense, and then gets more when he changes into the tiger form. This is your tank.

All of this depends on how you build your character.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    high crit rate, fast atack speed, high evasion.

All qualities of an archer my friendb:cute
    Quit.
  • jrc
    jrc Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Im also new and i also played wow like him i like the melee classes so im set on bm and a barb but im not sure how to choose u know i have a prot/arms warrior in wow i like both prot cuz its not as boring as dps but i also like the dps cuz it means u get to move around more then when tanking lol... so hard to decide!
  • nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Let me remind you that you can buy clothes with both your own and in-game money. In the middle/higher levels, most players I see have clothes of some kind. You don't really need to stare at heavy armor/robes if you don't wish to.
  • Pacrijnus - Dreamweaver
    Pacrijnus - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hello perfect world pro players :D i played a lot of mmorpgs (including wow) and my favorite class has always been the rogue/assassin/ninja. You know, those who can achieve stealth and atack fast, lots of crits. But in kinda tired of wow and i want to try perfect world but cant decide which to choose. I know none can achive stealth but thats not a problem. I also want to say that i dislike archers. I personnaly hate warriors with those huge **** armors and axes. But i also want to be good at pvp (im good at finding strategies). My friend told me about some warrior using fist weapons but after some searching i came to the conclusion that they are not very good. So you guys got it.... high crit rate, fast atack speed, high evasion. Please give some opinions (lol now i just realised i wrote a huge **** text b:victory) oh and by the way please dont tell me to go play ether saga i know it has rogues but i dont like the manga style graphics and i get really low fps with settings set to minimum while in pw i can almost max everythin :D

Well thank you :D but unfurtunantlyi dont like casters looks like its time to pick another game thanks anyway u.u b:cry

omg im so confused tried jade dynasty yesterday didnt liked much. Ive made some kind of a decision now i just have to choose between blademaster (sword, spear or fist) or archer >.<' still searching a lot. Seems like spear atacks fast and rocks in pvp

You should wait for the new races coming out they have an assasin
  • Naquia - Dreamweaver
    Naquia - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You should wait for the new races coming out they have an assasin

I guess you're right in some way, in case he really wasn't able to chose
    a class in over three month, he can easily wait for rising tide now...

But it's necro nevertheless. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.