Fist BM in RB

Arkright - Dreamweaver
Arkright - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Blademaster
First off, not a troll. I've heard that one has to be an axe bm with crazy aoes to be considered for a RB squad... I'm considering pumping pure str into my build for a while, hopefully evening out at the 3/2 point somewhere along the line.
Post edited by Arkright - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Axe/pole combo is best in RB. They got a combination of AOEs and pushes.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • dieoh
    dieoh Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes axe BM is th best pick for RB, the countless waves of mobs require constant AOE, and axe is the best for the job, not only that but Heavens flame makes the killing alot faster, a must skill.

Fists are stll great in RB for bosses though, I usually use HF, switch to fists and punch the hell out o:

Poles are nice to push to the AOE , doesnt matter the lvl of the pole.
  • Arkright - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    That's what I was thinking. Just use axes for hf and a few aoes, and use fists for the rest. Will people let me into their squad though?
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    what rest? In rb you need to AoE CONSTANTLY, axe is the only way to do that. other weapons are only an option for bosses. And then it doesnt realy matter what weapon you choose. So if you say:
    Just use axes for hf and a few aoes, and use fists for the rest
    People will not let you in their squad.

Talking about RB gamma here, havent done alfa/beta, maybe there fists might be usefull, I dunno.
  • Arkright - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    I know that the bosses have a time limit, so I imagine the extra dps would help tremendously.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know that the bosses have a time limit, so I imagine the extra dps would help tremendously.

After the first boss, the time limit is BS. First boss you just have to know the time because its mostly a cleric DDing the boss solo. If/when the time limit is nearly up, and the boss is not near dead, the other DDs return to help finish the boss off before time limit. Then, at second boss the chests/quests/mobs should be finished and everyone returns to DD on the boss (near 20-50% of boss' hp).

Increased DPS would be helpful to get a faster run overall, but not that great of a bonus.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What Lloyd says. The time limit should not be a problem at all. You'd better focus on passing DW ;)

Plus as a BM you are not that great a DD for bosses, so the difference in DPS between say fists and axes during the bossfight is very much insignificant compared to the damage the wizz, archer and veno deal.

So, fists in RB... bad idea.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    last i looked fist with - interval is 2nd highest dps in the game (wizzies trump all in that lol)b:cute

best way i have found for most gamma bosses if your a DD... HF build sparks with fists drop a spark or 2 while your HF is cooling flip over HF repeat youll be constantly sparked and will be able to HF as fast as it cools down keeping the bosses amped 20% of the fight or so this works well on most bosses in or out of gamma actually...just comunicate with your squad and swich to myriad if your tank starts showind sighns of loosing aggro have the veno send a spark or 2 and continue
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • X_Boot_x - Sanctuary
    X_Boot_x - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dieoh wrote: »
    Yes axe BM is th best pick for RB, the countless waves of mobs require constant AOE, and axe is the best for the job, not only that but Heavens flame makes the killing alot faster, a must skill.

Fists are stll great in RB for bosses though, I usually use HF, switch to fists and punch the hell out o:

Poles are nice to push to the AOE , doesnt matter the lvl of the pole.

Best answer. Also remember that Chi Aura will allow you to alternate between Heaven's Flame and Glacial Spike while one or the other cools down.

Fist on the Bosses
    I gave up healing for more immediate methods.

x_Boot_x
    _WillFire_ ( retired )
  • X_Boot_x - Sanctuary
    X_Boot_x - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    unoxx wrote: »

So, fists in RB... bad idea.

Then you never saw me in RB b:victory
    I gave up healing for more immediate methods.

x_Boot_x
    _WillFire_ ( retired )
  • XCroynx - Sanctuary
    XCroynx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Only time you should use fists is for the bosses.