Helm of Aqua Visciousness?

Options
SneakyStalk - Harshlands
SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Archer
I have seen a few archers with this helm. Mostly 9x.
Why? Are they sacrificing dex into str for a small amount of HP?
Is it worth it? Str requirement is 105...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Un4given
Post edited by SneakyStalk - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes, that helm is not a good idea until you are like lvl100. Of course ppl may defend it, it is simply not a good idea. Use PWcalc and see for yourself.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    assuming ur dex build
    a sky demon necklace +8 str to ur 94 str at lvl 90 =102 str find a +3 str from a belt/ring/cape

sacrifice what dex? b:bye
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    assuming ur dex build
    a sky demon necklace +8 str to ur 94 str at lvl 90 =102 str find a +3 str from a belt/ring/cape

sacrifice what dex? b:bye

I don't think I've ever seen an archer use Sky Demon's Pearl. b:surrender

I suppose the sacrifice would be that you lose out on a dex bonus or crit bonus or other archer-beneficial bonus from that necklace and ring slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ok this really shouldnt be a secret to anyone. Use reset scrolls to shift unused STR to DEX. If your STR is higher than your level plus 4 than you are either very poor, have high STR req armor with STR bonuses, stubboren, or ignornat of the reset ability.

EDIT: to add. Skydemon is DEX+8 HP+300 and good pdef refines endgame. Many archer do wear them, and is what I reccommend once you hit lvl87.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ok this really shouldnt be a secret to anyone. Use reset scrolls to shift unused STR to DEX. If your STR is higher than your level plus 4 than you are either very poor, have high STR req armor with STR bonuses, stubboren, or ignornat of the reset ability.

EDIT: to add. Skydemon is DEX+8 HP+300 and good pdef refines endgame. Many archer do wear them, and is what I reccommend once you hit lvl87.
    I think its a decent helmet for higher end archers, especially for those who cant afford reset things (gold is ridiculous right now.) with sky demon, and other gear you should reach its requirements easily. Note, even though lion spirit is cheap, theyre quite rare (1% drop from Rankar) so this is a decent end game substitute in my eyes.

I dont know how you magically get your numbers, but average joe gear = ~250 bonus from sky demon's 5% hp +8 str
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My numbers were based on endgame HP of about 6k.

The amount of money it costs to get a Aquavicious helm you can get a reset note and a Rejuv Helm with some useful stats.

It just boggles my mind that people dont want that extra DEX.

65 HP is not better than 20+ DEX
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ehh, I ditched lion helm for this helm. Aqua Visc is grade 9 so you can throw perfect citrines in there unlike the lion helm. It requires 2 more str than tt99 armor but now that I have my endgame dex I know I'm not losing out on a crit so its no big deal.

6-8 dex from lion helm isn't that great end game really. If I wasn't lazy I could spam OHT arcane hats until I got 12-14 dex/str and refine it. OHT grade 12 arcane would get more hp than a lion helm at like +4 I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Aquavicsousness as an endgame helm makes sense when you start thinking about very high grade shards and +8 or more. The hp difference becomes enough where you have to pay attention. That is the only reason I refrain from calling it a badge of shame. However Aquavicsousness in an 8X... No excuse.

http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi

I reccommend everyone use this site and start planning your builds way in advance.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    if you are able to refine past +8 you should have the cv light helm..
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Aquavicsousness as an endgame helm makes sense when you start thinking about very high grade shards and +8 or more. The hp difference becomes enough where you have to pay attention. That is the only reason I refrain from calling it a badge of shame. However Aquavicsousness in an 8X... No excuse.

http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi

I reccommend everyone use this site and start planning your builds way in advance.
    i find it funny how he talks to one of the forum's archer authorities like he knows everything lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i find it funny how he talks to one of the forum's archer authorities like he knows everything lol.

You should get the Helm of Aquavicsiousness when you turn 80. I also reccommend Calamity Axes because of the effects.
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You should get the Helm of Aquavicsiousness when you turn 80. I also reccommend Calamity Axes because of the effects.

+1 calamity FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I dont't think any EA should be using this untill lvl 99.But then I think about other end game helmets,and realize that no EA should be using it.
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I dont't think any EA should be using this untill lvl 99.But then I think about other end game helmets,and realize that no EA should be using it.

^

By the time you can really wear it there are much better helms out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thats not something to joke about, there was an idiot archer on sanctuary who did that named Wizzeled back in his 80s ~_~.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilyuffie
    lilyuffie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thats not something to joke about, there was an idiot archer on sanctuary who did that named Wizzeled back in his 80s ~_~.

It's called experimenting; he has the money to do it.
    He's not much of an idiot, he DOES know how to play his class,
    how else would he be in the PK ranking system in Sanc.?
    Shooting arrows at random targets without any strategies?
    Eh hem, I think not.

Anyways, as I recall, I remember seeing LG archers wielding axes;
    are they 'idiots'? Meh.
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lilyuffie wrote: »
    Eh hem, I think not.

are they 'idiots'? Meh.

The problem is, sometime in the late 70's - early 80's most archers realize they have way to much STR because of equipment bonuses. Some say, "meh" and just leave it be, Some reset it to DEX, and others use it as an excuse to "get that really cool helmet they saw that endgame archer wearing".

Experimenting is one thing, but sticking with the helm without knowing what it actually is doing to your build is another.

The Aquav. Helm is just another one of those things like Metal Attack Shards. It's not easy to explain why you don't want it. You can't just call it a bad helm, cause it is not a bad helm. It is just bad for people who sacrifice tons of DEX to get the helm (lvl 7x-99)
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Eh hem, I think not.

are they 'idiots'? Meh.

I would rather experiment on a 'different' server where I don't have to pay and spend months of my time doing it. That what I did when I wanted to try sage EA for fun. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Eh hem, I think not.

are they 'idiots'? Meh.
    yes, because PKing people half his level takes skill, right? hes one of sanctuary's biggest jokes of an archer, if you want pro, check out the ones who make lovely guides and theory for us like Legerity and Asterelle on our server. not some r-tard who buys a +10 bow and thinks hes the greatest thing since sliced bread.

besides, since when did carebear ranking all of a sudden make a guy pro? pve servers dont know what real PK is :P. (unless of course they have an alt of an equally/near as high level on LC)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yes, because PKing people half his level takes skill, right? hes one of sanctuary's biggest jokes of an archer, if you want pro, check out the ones who make lovely guides and theory for us like Legerity and Asterelle on our server. not some r-tard who buys a +10 bow and thinks hes the greatest thing since sliced bread.

waffle speaks tha truth (ever seen a 9x archer camp silver pool on a pve server? )

but then again most peoples version of pk on sanc is A:"ohhhh pk mode what that do?(3x's) or B:im bored let go kill 3x's dumb enough to go pk (squads of 9x pkr's flying at random) in short its mildly good to put a decent pk fest together so thanks for dragon temple pwib:thanks

as for the bow...proof that anyone can win at pwi if they put in enough money btw waching his fellow 9x's nukle him is rather funny specialy when he starts threatening to +12 his gear after(you forgot to mention that he's an oracle baby tob:chuckle)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    that helmet is terrible..

and the use the pearl for +8st + 94 (u have at 90) horrible too...

Stay at 84-6st n get pear demon to get enough to 94 n stay at that.. rest on dex

U dont really need str more unless u planin to go 99, which if ya start lving to 98 99 = u would have enough st atribute to put on.. in case u ever go 99 n if ya do.. GL finding n farming some gold mats =/

but yea.. stay away from puttin to much str.. ONLY gud item to put more str for is the heaverage boots. cus they actually provide 10 dex n 2 cri.. which is really nice.. min req 99

For helmet.. i would stick wit lion helment (which have low value lately) or a 3 star with gud atributes.
    My friend had a +80hp +80 hp +80hp :x it was sick n it was +5
    but 3 star helmets aint that bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The helm isnt that terrible. IT does give a gud Hp increase and i know lion spirit is the best but damn its rear. This is cheap.

I use the helm but that is coz i use the hh90 gold braces. I end up with the 102 strength so this helm was a better option than the lvl61 helm i used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i have 108 str at level 84..but my equips are just nice and no i did not put any extra into str b:victory. I use helm of lion tho cuse of the speed +dex and str
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Stay at 84-6st n get pear demon to get enough to 94 n stay at that.. rest on dex

U dont really need str more unless u planin to go 99, which if ya start lving to 98 99 = u would have enough st atribute to put on.. in case u ever go 99 n if ya do.. GL finding n farming some gold mats =/

but yea.. stay away from puttin to much str.. ONLY gud item to put more str for is the heaverage boots. cus they actually provide 10 dex n 2 cri.. which is really nice.. min req 99

For helmet.. i would stick wit lion helment (which have low value lately) or a 3 star with gud atributes.

why are you so br on the forums? >_>

for me, lion helm, if i ever walk over a large sum of in game coins to refine my bow and helmet ill get cv helm.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options

how did you even get to 95 lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Eh hem, I think not.

are they 'idiots'? Meh.

setting the record straight for everyone who may not know cuz the above poster definitely seemed like he/she doesn't: the Legendary archers with axes was a mockery to sinangel's Y U HAX accusations where he claimed that LG archers with axes were 1shotting people from range during this tw in which his fac lost. (among other hilarious accusations). Ast posed with a group of archers wielding Gold Plated axes (lvl 27 axes, str req 83) and posted a bunch of screens for the lols. LG archers wielding axes was a joke taken seriously by only you.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    oops x2 post
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    dont worry people, sinangel is still as smart as he was back then b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]