BM soloin HH

Options
XBlu - Harshlands
XBlu - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
I'm a 8x bm now, and have been somewat guildless since lv1. Was wonderin if there was a vit build tht i can use to solo hh ( one w/ hh80 mats). Oh and i dont want to look for a squad, too confusing w/ who gets which drop and stuff. I rather do stuff myself.
Post edited by XBlu - Harshlands on

Comments

• Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm a 8x bm now, and have been somewat guildless since lv1. Was wonderin if there was a vit build tht i can use to solo hh ( one w/ hh80 mats). Oh and i dont want to look for a squad, too confusing w/ who gets which drop and stuff. I rather do stuff myself.

look for a squad...solo a TT run for ur lvl is getting a charm wich is going to burn, a lot of hp/mp food, apothecary for chi =more sutra, ultra exellent gear, n guess what? still ur not going to b able to do the bosses....so GET A SQUAD
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    roll a veno if you want to solo tt'sb:chuckle

dear god is this game biased twards venos/barbs or am i just crazy?

b:bye
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    To profitably solo TT bosses, you will want strength fist build with -intervals. Demon spark for extra boost, and you're set. For solo instance anyways.

I'm working to recreate the BM I had on fake PW, who would pay 3 people to allow entry into squad mode, then boot them after paying and do the instance solo. Some bosses will still not be worth doing, but with lots of -interval you'll still end up finishing very closely to a normal run.

Or, you could team with a cleric and split costs between 2. Set up between you what needs BB, what gets straight heal, and which bosses you're doing. Decide specific runs to do, and have an agreed price on drops. Split based off of drop value, with coin being exchanged to cover any surplus.

Main thing is, don't bother doing solo runs unless you have something going for you to make it worth. A heavily specialized fister benefits, from not having to hold back. They end up not taking as long as many others who would solo, since they deal tremendous DPS. Start with Deicides for a 10% max health drop, and you're pretty much set.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • XBlu - Harshlands
    XBlu - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    To profitably solo TT bosses, you will want strength fist build with -intervals. Demon spark for extra boost, and you're set. For solo instance anyways.

I'm working to recreate the BM I had on fake PW, who would pay 3 people to allow entry into squad mode, then boot them after paying and do the instance solo. Some bosses will still not be worth doing, but with lots of -interval you'll still end up finishing very closely to a normal run.

Or, you could team with a cleric and split costs between 2. Set up between you what needs BB, what gets straight heal, and which bosses you're doing. Decide specific runs to do, and have an agreed price on drops. Split based off of drop value, with coin being exchanged to cover any surplus.

Main thing is, don't bother doing solo runs unless you have something going for you to make it worth. A heavily specialized fister benefits, from not having to hold back. They end up not taking as long as many others who would solo, since they deal tremendous DPS. Start with Deicides for a 10% max health drop, and you're pretty much set.

uhh T___T only reason i want to solo it is bcuz hh's r so confusing. ^ made soloin it sound confusing ._. I'm just gonna go solo it and c how it goes.I'm gonna try vit fist built :O (lv60 fists tho, my main is axes)
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Find a herc Veno to do TT for you. Depending on what you need and how good the veno is, you can get almost all of your mats that way (splitting with the veno or if the veno is nice they'll let you have all you need and take the rest). You can run it in squad mode and get better mat drops, all you'll need are two more players to help you open squad mode. :)
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So, needlessly add another split to do less damage and really only gain benefit from luring that a zeal genie can do? Sounds like a bad thing for the BM; good for the veno, but bad for the BM. Already I can rip aggro from a barb when doing normal attacks with my fists, when I demon spark my damage more than triples. Wouldn't really trust a herc to be able to maintain aggro right now, moreso when I finish getting all the needed fist gear at higher levels.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle

never trust a herc to tank...unless its on a tt run our damage is all reduced by 75% on bosses but veno's pets deal full + aggro skills

me and a veno freind often use that system me to get mats for gear her to get $ for her herc fund i have yet to rip aggro from her rock pet on a boss

she tanks with rock i keep mobs from swarming her and DD to double the speed of her runs + alow her to reset TT quickly and she tanks the bosses n lures the mobs out of big swarms + i want to get in that rock pet like som kind of pwi armor addon...seriously rock mech bm's ftwb:cute

we split drops evenly and i've never had a reason to complain saves the veno mp pots/charm and saves you the expense of replacing a hp charm over and over

venos have longer aim on lure than any geni...<3 my zeal but id rather have a veno along

running with cleric is also good but takes about 2x as long and will still be kinda iffy at times
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm using my 2nd cleric for healer, so I don't have problems on split :) Leveling its phys debuff, have hour buffs for defense, and getting BB in eight levels. Mostly focusing on BM, as demon sparking has made me fall in love with BM class all over again. Herc isn't as good as rock for aggro, and it really depends if the aggro skills are enough to overcome demon spark aggro damage. Advanced spark adds some nice damage, but demon spark is tripling my damage with just a +1 weapon. This is due to damage + attack speed buff. Add in poison powders, and I may not be able to spark without stealing aggro. And if I need to damage slower, then what is the point? Especially when I hit 99, and get even more attacks per second. So it needs to be re-evaluated at each point whether it is useful to duo with a veno.

• Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm using my 2nd cleric for healer, so I don't have problems on split :) Leveling its phys debuff, have hour buffs for defense, and getting BB in eight levels. Mostly focusing on BM, as demon sparking has made me fall in love with BM class all over again. Herc isn't as good as rock for aggro, and it really depends if the aggro skills are enough to overcome demon spark aggro damage. Advanced spark adds some nice damage, but demon spark is tripling my damage with just a +1 weapon. This is due to damage + attack speed buff. Add in poison powders, and I may not be able to spark without stealing aggro. And if I need to damage slower, then what is the point? Especially when I hit 99, and get even more attacks per second. So it needs to be re-evaluated at each point whether it is useful to duo with a veno.

On [?] bosses you wont steal agro from a Herc even with Demon spark
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options

Possibly, but one thing I have noticed is that no one really bases things off of actual fist builds made properly when they do comparisons, and have no real idea what they are able to do. So while there is a good chance I might not, unless the veno truly adds something, I like being able to solo for only the cost of repairs and ulti substances.

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    actually theres an easy way to figure out if youll take the herc aggro have the veno test herc dps test yours sparked

then divide your dps by 4 and add deflect damage from the boss to the herc

if the herc's is lower just chain normal spark erupts till 1/2 hp

there you go lesson i've learned the hard way...shure you CAN take aggro from anything on 2 or 4 legs in pwi but why should you when theres conveniant meat sheilds? b:cute

also in this case you have your own personal cleric...your not burning charm hp food or near as many pots (yes even counting the ones your cleric burns) as a soloing bm also heep in mind the amount of full maq bosses in solo tt

and remember even veno's have trouble makin a profit off solo mode tt thats why they run with hercs solo in squad modeb:bye

(disclaimer: this post is based off experiance with an actual fist buildb:chuckle)
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You shouldn't be stealing aggro in TT from a veno.

Anyways. If you can run with a veno or several this will decrease the amount of time it takes to complete a run by a lot. Thus allowing you to do more runs and get more mats....i hope you see where i'm going with this.

Anyways, solo TT is not worth it.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lokixz
    lokixz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It might be true at lower lvs but endgame a fist bm can easily steal aggro from a herc. My bm using demon spark can do 2k+ per hit (4k+ criticals) at 3.33atk/s and 21% critical rate and that's with only deicide+2 and no debuffs on boss (+25% crit rate if i use dragon bane too). No herc or barb can hold aggro from an endgame fist bm when they can demon spark every 20 secs.

A bm can do TT squad mode with a good cleric on another pc. I don't advise doing it without lots of -interval gears or it will take quite some time to finish. The fastest way to make money is to farm soulripper 2-3 (combining demon spark, shadowless kick, earthquake and smack i soloed the boss after the veno made a mistake and died while luring) or drum boss 1-3.
    If you don't have another pc and a cleric alt, then look for a party/faction or a veno with herc to farm TT squad mode.