Winged Elf Carrying People

tristar300
tristar300 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
can someone please tell how to carry someone when you are a winged elf, and if you need to be male to do it. Thanks :)
Post edited by tristar300 on

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It is obly possible to carry someone as a male and it can be done by right clicking the other character's icon then selecting Embrace.
  • Dylanr - Lost City
    Dylanr - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i have a friend that plays this game and he said he tried to embrase me but it was greyed out. does the other player have to be a woman? thats kinda sexist btw. u have to be a male to carry people? i dont get that. im glad im a guy tho i kinda like carrying ppl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    dyLaN
  • dburke
    dburke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ok, the way carrying works is that either character can innitiate the carry. But one char must be male and one must be female. The male always takes control after that point. You can hop onto mounts or fly after carrying someone. You cannot talk to NPCs or interact in any way after the carry starts (except to fly, hop onto a mount, and move).
    1) To start a carry you have to be REALLY close to the other person (like less than 1M distance away, practically on top of each other)
    2) click on them, right click on their character portrait to bring up a bunch of options
    3) at the bottom in pink should say "Hoist/Cuddle/Carry" something to that effect. Click on that and it will send the other person an invitation to carry, they accept and away you go.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    dburke wrote: »
    3) at the bottom in pink should say "Hoist/Cuddle/Carry" something to that effect. Click on that and it will send the other person an invitation to carry, they accept and away you go.

The PW-I word is Embrace :).
  • Karalian - Sanctuary
    Karalian - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Same thing, I haven't quite caught on to the new terminology yet.
  • Pixelmancer - Heavens Tear
    Pixelmancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i have a friend that plays this game and he said he tried to embrase me but it was greyed out. does the other player have to be a woman? thats kinda sexist btw. u have to be a male to carry people? i dont get that. im glad im a guy tho i kinda like carrying ppl.

I weight a bit over 200 lbs. My last girlfriend weighed about 110-115. I'm almost double her size. Apart from that, much more of a guy's muscles are concentrated in the upper body. An average guy can easily lift an average chick, but she would have major trouble trying to lift him. It's not sexist, just realistic.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh... so now I get it. I always thought Perfect World was a fantasy game, but it's actually a reality simulation...
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    At least with the scales used within the game, it might be a bit tricky as an animator to get everything tied together properly. It's a little difficult to see this working in reverse, although that is just a matter of animator time.

I expect there are some cultural reasons underlying it, and I can't say I blame the development team from putting any changes on this matter way, wayyyyy on the back burner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kahlan_fate - Heavens Tear
    Kahlan_fate - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kargor wrote: »
    Oh... so now I get it. I always thought Perfect World was a fantasy game, but it's actually a reality simulation...
    gattsuru wrote: »
    At least with the scales used within the game, it might be a bit tricky as an animator to get everything tied together properly. It's a little difficult to see this working in reverse, although that is just a matter of animator time.

I expect there are some cultural reasons underlying it, and I can't say I blame the development team from putting any changes on this matter way, wayyyyy on the back burner.

I read both of those posts together and damn near fell out my chair >.<
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I weight a bit over 200 lbs. My last girlfriend weighed about 110-115. I'm almost double her size. Apart from that, much more of a guy's muscles are concentrated in the upper body. An average guy can easily lift an average chick, but she would have major trouble trying to lift him. It's not sexist, just realistic.

lol... although i would like to see a veno carry a barb. that would make my day.
  • killer64
    killer64 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what is zen
  • killer64
    edited June 2009
    lol... although i would like to see a veno carry a barb. that would make my day.b:cryb:laugh
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    killer64 wrote: »
    what is zen

that was a really random question...

Zen is what you buy gold with on the main website to buy items in the boutique.

You pay real money to purchase.. "Zen" then you use Zen to buy "Gold"

$10 US = 1000 Zen = 10 Gold - correct me if im wrong
  • killer64
    edited June 2009
    how could i download perfect world in less than 2 hours
  • killer64
    edited June 2009
    can someone help me:shocked
  • Sylviara - Lost City
    Sylviara - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol... although i would like to see a veno carry a barb. that would make my day.

Although, you can make a very skinny barb if you want to.
  • mea79
    mea79 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I agree, it is sexist. They should make it so anyone can carry people, otherwise it isn't fair. Or, they should at least make it so girls can carry other girls or guys can carry other guys. That would make sense, opposed to a girl carrying a guy.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    mea79 wrote: »
    I agree, it is sexist. They should make it so anyone can carry people, otherwise it isn't fair. Or, they should at least make it so girls can carry other girls or guys can carry other guys. That would make sense, opposed to a girl carrying a guy.

There's a lot of necro today.

Andracil! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    mea79 wrote: »

The problems with that are the unfortunate implications. After all, the embrace option is followed by the more intimate option and that would cause a major uproar from various sides, such as parents of younger children, religious groups and so. Will not be implemented, which has been said time and time again by the GMs.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Dark_blitz - Sanctuary
    Dark_blitz - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Killer64 you should make a new thread for all your questions
    "I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully."
    -George Bush

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."
    -Rodney Dangerfield

"You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."
    -Pearl Williams
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i would squash a veno - especially in fox form - if it tried to carry me. other than that, it would look totally, completely, and utterly ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The problems with that are the unfortunate implications. After all, the embrace option is followed by the more intimate option and that would cause a major uproar from various sides, such as parents of younger children, religious groups and so. Will not be implemented, which has been said time and time again by the GMs.
    You'd think after so many years of acceptance, people would've gotten over their phobia of seeing two guys kissing. Because clearly kissing a giant tiger is far more acceptable ;)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You'd think after so many years of acceptance

You mean, as in those countries where doing that will give both parties the death penalty? Or those super modern places like Europe, where only 4 countries accept same sex as legal, and where at least 6 countries have it as the equivalent of a felony? Maybe you are talking about the liberal US, where only 5 states accept same sex.... while 2 make it a criminal offense?

I have a feeling it will a while longer before one can use the term acceptance regarding those issues...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • TsukiTenshi - Sanctuary
    TsukiTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In cases like these...

A compromise can be made...

Like the guy doesn't have to carry another in his arms...

It could be like a piggy back ride.....

probably would be more accepted...

As for the veno in fox form carrying a barb..

I think it would be funny if it looked like a fox walking on is back legs carying the barb on one arm :3
    Spoons is a very nice GM b:cute
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There's a lot of necro today.

b:surrender

Me first! b:victory
This discussion has been closed.