Pissed off at crafting

Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
edited November 2009 in The Crafting Nook
I really hate the random number generator in this game. 17 ear splitting hammers, 10 Anyang crossbows, and all 1*. Then a friend tries and gets the hammer in one.

Does anyone else think the random number generator needs a less polarized seed?

Better yet, anyone on Sanctuary have a spare 2* anyang for sale? b:angry

/rant
Post edited by Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I can relate. :( I'm having a tough time getting my Tailor 4. Prices for the items I need are too rediculous - 1m for one armor piece. I blame the return of the Anniversary Packs.
  • Evien - Dreamweaver
    Evien - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you could always talk to Duke Blacke a few times. (May take a few tries to get him to tell you what you wanna know, but it's only 10 coins per shot so meh..)

He'll tell you which person in which craft is having a good or bad day.

I have every craft to level 5 and it's pretty accurate... Give that a shot!

Hope it works out for you.

EDIT: On a side note, unless you farm mats yourself, or have them lying around, it is mathematically cheaper to buy the 2* from the AH when they're available unless you get really lucky. Also, i'd venture to say that because these are items known to be required for craft advancement quests, they may have a statistically lower 2* Rate. I made 3 3* Ornamented Bows before I made a 2* while doing Blacksmithing.
    ~Shoot First! ...What questions?

~You can not outrun my bow - You'll only make it to HELL out of breath and tired......

[SIGPIC]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/bc13gtrst/Archery-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Evien ~ 8x Female Pure Build Archer ~ Dreamweaver
    Relicant ~ 3x Male Pure Build Wizard ~ Dreamweaver
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    @Purchasing from AH: I know. I crunched some numbers, but I can't do that if there're none for sale. ><

@Duke Blacke: Really? I never knew that (he's only given me advice on Apothecary for some reason)... though that probably equates to the same thing. =D Thanks for the advice though!!

I finally *FINALLY* got my 2* Anyang Crossbow. I now have Blacksmithing 6, and am well on my way to Tailor 6. xD

Now for ornaments. ;_; I'll definitely try your advice Evien, thanks!!!b:victory
  • Brutally - Lost City
    Brutally - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Does that Duke Blacke thing really work? Ilu forever if it does. <3
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    LOL. I tried his advice for like 30 minutes, and he gave me 10,000 coins out of the blue. b:laugh
    Today's advice was mostly NPCs to see if I was upgraded equips to +6, +9 and +10. ><
  • Bloodknight - Harshlands
    Bloodknight - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OMG!

If Duke blacke really tells you which crafters gives you more % to make the 2 star items i wasted so much coins :P

I need to get my ornaments up to level 4 and i'm really gonna see if the Duke things really works.

Anyways i keep hearing about those secret refine NPC's but i never seen those. I really want to get some gear extra refined to give me that edge over de competition :). annyone got info on that?
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Apparently those NPCs with refining bonuses only work if you own the territory...
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    FemSage - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I tried complaining about having to make multiple copies of one piece of armor to Customer Support and frankly I am not at all happy. Good suggestions above but I think this game asks for too heavy a cash outlay to be worth continued play. I've spent thousands of real dollars on other MMORPG games and I've never had this much frustration before. They lost a customer today. I refuse to do any more.
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:laugh

I find it funny how many people don't realize how useful duke blake actually is. For a small small fee you can get a ton of hint for the day.. Including the little known element of the day.

Element of the day means that any mob with that element has an increased drop rate. There you all go just another little secret that me and my faction members know. :P
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    I'm not making any more armor, weapons, ornaments, etc their way. I'll buy it or find someone else to make it for me. It's just not worth all the extra money for mats. I like this game but I hate these processing "tests." At first I thought it would save money rather than buying armor and weapons, but it's a dead end. I'll be playing this game a lot less from now on. And, I will try Duke Blacke but not to do crafting. LOL Actually they should call it crapting.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've tried crafting Old Heaven's Tear Light Armor chests. Stamina materials go for about 110k each.

I've made over 50 attempts, and none of them are worthy of being worn.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Meh, dunno about the duke rumours. But do agree that the random generator is very biased towards long runs of luck.

Presumably already known, but you seem to get better craft if you say "Manufacture 5 of these" than if you do "Manufacture 1" five times in a row.

Got all of my tailoring items on the first try that way (hit cancel as soon as you make a 2*)

Got royally annoyed with the blacksmithing though - the one and only time you don't WANT to craft a socketed 3*....
  • Evien - Dreamweaver
    Evien - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    forks89 wrote: »
    Element of the day means that any mob with that element has an increased drop rate. There you all go just another little secret that me and my faction members know. :P

Not a secret, and not quite true according to what Duke says.

He states that mobs of that element will take/do more damage to opposing elements.

However; I do agree that people should use Duke Blacke more. he does give a LOT of usefull information - granted, you'll have to try a bunch of times, but he'll actually GIVE you money if you repeatedly talk to him and it's only 10 bucks a pop.

Utilize him as much as you can, but be warned, all info given by him is only for a 2 hour time frame. When he moves.... the info changes, so the guy he says is having a good day right now, won't be as soon as he moves (upto 2 hours) so once you know, jump on the deal while it's hot.

Remember, Duke Blacke is your friend. As annoying as the **** is sometimes, he's a good guy ^^
    ~Shoot First! ...What questions?

~You can not outrun my bow - You'll only make it to HELL out of breath and tired......

[SIGPIC]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/bc13gtrst/Archery-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Evien ~ 8x Female Pure Build Archer ~ Dreamweaver
    Relicant ~ 3x Male Pure Build Wizard ~ Dreamweaver
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the tips. After cooling off I've decided to keep at it. I already have 3-star armor and weapons (got mostly by pure fluke) and I'd like to do that with level 7 and up. I will try making 5 at a time -- good idea. Thanks for that.

I've gotten chummy with Duke Blacke and yes he's a fount of info. Good place to look is between the boats and elder (Archosaur). I tried 20 questions and after ten or so he stops giving answers. At 10 coins each any one afford it.

He helped me learn about the secret quest for 50+ levels. Anyone can use 142,000 EXP don't you think? LOL (Hint: go see the Elder in Thousand Streams, the city.)
  • Zek - Dreamweaver
    Zek - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    dukes hints for enhanced chances of +4 or Better are a total waste of time and +6 or higher WELL would ANYone actualy risk a +5 reverting to +0 if it failed, after all its only a better chance not a guaranteed one

even with items that makechances better

personaly I believe its got to be Dragon Orb or dont even think abot it
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    To be sure the info from Blacke is jaundiced at best for now he makes no sense. It's almost like he's saying, "What are you asking me for?"

Anyways, I wanted to report that the make 5 (armors) at a time most certainly works. Wow! I setup to do 5 Wraith Robes and the very first one had 2-stars! Mission accomplished. Passed the test.

Working on the blacksmith test now.
  • FemSage - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Still working on the Blacksmith's test. I may have discovered something about the odds of getting a 2-star item. If you have the first 1 or 2 items (of the 3) required in your inventory even the 5-at-a-time trick doesn't work. It's happened to me twice now. When I've put the items in the bank, then run the 5-at-a-time trick -- it works! Seems to get harder the closer you get to completion. I noticed this while getting some snake gallbladders (for example) at the Tai Chi Shore. For the first 14 of each I had to kill 2 snakes, but I had to kill 5 for the last one. I hate stuff like that.
  • Dennah - Heavens Tear
    Dennah - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have found that I have good and bad days of crafting, so Duke was right all along and I just hit the right NPCs!
    If I don't get good stats on my first try, even if it's 1*, then I usually give up and say it's a bad day.
    On my good days I've done 5 3* things for my level! Though I'm sure that I've got better luck than most people. Sorry for stealing it b:surrender
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    me confoosed.
    o.o'
    duke black does all that?
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]