Sage or Demon for PK/TW

Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear
Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 159 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Barbarian
theres been a lot of blah blah blah a lot of explaining long paragraphs now i wanna know which one is definitley better for Pvp Sage or Demon i dont want any blah blah blah about their skills and stuff iv heard enough just tell me which is better ty thats all.
bm lvl 96 rairen-HT- retired

barb lvl 73 Gaara_Chuko-HT-Adiuvo

barb lvl 62 Criminal-RT- lolwut
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There is no better.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    ok ok pls someone thats already sage or demon tell me which is best for PvP

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well from what I can tell.. Demon is better because of higher damage, accuracy and crit. However Sage is all about survival with more HP and defensive stuff. :) Your choice, really.

But at lvl 52, you've got a LOOOONG time to figure it out, as have I. So no rush! (You can't choose sage/demon until lvl 89)
    edited October 2009
    lol of course i know its a long way but i want a definitive answer now because im really sure there are a lot of 90+ that are experts in PK and TW so by now they should be able to tell

• Aznchristmas - Harshlands
    Aznchristmas - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you're level 52

you'll never be 89

you can't even find threads that ask the same question as yours.
    edited October 2009
    wow your sukish its not my fault it took you a year to get there and what about the other high lvl's what do you think they jumped lvl's? idiot and i didnt want to search for a thread about it i just made another one ok? ok..

• lilyuffie
    lilyuffie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    http://tinyurl.com/yzjlrc2
    You're a jerk by the way.
    You're lucky that people even bothered replying.
    edited October 2009
    lilyuffie wrote: »
    http://tinyurl.com/yzjlrc2
    You're a jerk by the way.
    You're lucky that people even bothered replying.
    lol i said i wanted a fast answer none of them gave me an answer just said what i already know except the last one hes just frustrated thats why he said i will never get there and yes im a jerk b:victory

• Samthesmile - Sanctuary
    Samthesmile - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes you could have found this out yourself and no there isn't a clear "best" way.
  • EmptyWords - Heavens Tear
    EmptyWords - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol, if u don't want bla bla bla don't ask here.

This is a forum, not the magic book of answers.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ......and yes im a jerk......

b:flower Admitting it is the first step to a recovery. b:flower

And as for the question.....there is no better one....b:sin

b:avoid
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited October 2009
    Lol, if u don't want bla bla bla don't ask here.

This is a forum, not the magic book of answers.
    aww another frustrated dude you shouldnt have even post yourself i asked for people that are already sage or demon so shhhh..b:laugh

TheHated FTW!b:victory

• EmptyWords - Heavens Tear
    EmptyWords - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I played on malese server .
    And i was 90+ b:pleased

so shhhhhhh

b:bye
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i didnt want to search for a thread about it i just made another one ok? ok..

Forgive me for not bothering to answer you question then. If you're too lazy to find out on your own then I'm too lazy to give you an answer.b:bye
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • DaCage - Sanctuary
    DaCage - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hard too say witch is better for TW when you dont state what part you want too be in TW. If you want too be a catapuller then go sage if you want too be a DD barb in TW you should consider demon for the crits it will provide too get them down faster. Dont ask questions and expect straight anwsers if you dont come out and say what you want too do. Sage and Demon can both do pretty well in PK just depends if you like stable damage or high spike crits. Breaking charm with demon with a decent luck on a bm for example shouldent be too hard with a little luck w/ the crits. Also http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sage - Last longer and take more dmg, making peeps mad at you for having too much HP and can't break thru your charmb:laugh

Demon - You basically are a nuke...b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Qilto - Heavens Tear
    Qilto - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Here is a simple thing to think about. Do you prefer to fight in human form or tiger? Do you prefer to take damage or do you like to cause damage? Do you like to be fast or run with the clerics? It doesn't matter which one you pick. It is your choice on what you like and how you play the game.
  • Swagga - Dreamweaver
    Swagga - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Considering the clerics keep me alive....I'll just slug along with them.b:chuckle...
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I read in another thread elsewhere that someone suggested choosing the path that balances your build (ie demon for tank build, sage for DD build). I on the other hand think taking the path that strengthens your build even more is a good way to go as well (ie sage for tank, demon for DD). I think a sage tank would be a better suited catapuller than a demon tank, and a demon DD would be better suited to running amok with armageddon than a sage DD would.

I may be wrong here, but I'm going off this:

Armageddon Level 10
    Range Melee
    Channel 0.4 second
    Cast 1.8 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer

Requisite Cultivation Transcendant
    Consume all ones Chi, and trade half of all HP and mana for a massive
    attack to all targets in a range of 12 meters from the caster.
    Inflicts 4000 physical damage. Each point of HP
    and mana consumed in casting adds an additional 4.0 damage.

sage version: Sage version reduces HP and MP cost to 35% of your current total. (sounds to me as if it actually does less damage, which is counterproductive to what you are trying to accomplish, though it does help your survivability)

demon: Demon version does 10% extra damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Do you like to be fast or run with the clerics?

from ecatomb skill description there no difference in sage/demon true form speed:

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    Shape shift into a white tiger. Maximum HP increases by 30%,
    movement speed increases by 80% but attacks inflict
    50% less weapon damage.

Sage version always increases maximum HP by 40%.
    Demon version lets tiger form attacks do full damage.

i know that SAGE true form is faster than DEMON true form but u cant compare with the speed of a cler, cmon b:chuckle

i think it might be a slightly difference of 10% between sage and demon speed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    from ecatomb skill description there no difference in sage/demon true form speed:

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    Shape shift into a white tiger. Maximum HP increases by 30%,
    movement speed increases by 80% but attacks inflict
    50% less weapon damage.

Sage version always increases maximum HP by 40%.
    Demon version lets tiger form attacks do full damage.

i know that SAGE true form is faster than DEMON true form but u cant compare with the speed of a cler, cmon b:chuckle

i think it might be a slightly difference of 10% between sage and demon speed

i interpreted this totally different than you did actually. I took this to mean "do you like to be true form (faster) or human form (nearly same speed as cleric's running speed)?".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i interpreted this totally different than you did actually. I took this to mean "do you like to be true form (faster) or human form (nearly same speed as cleric's running speed)?".

i mean:

if i have to run, even if it would be in TW (never been into yet)

ill switch to tiger form cuz is alot faster and instant transform.

yeah, i c now that he may be talking of the 2 diff. form, but demon tiger barb is also good toob:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
    edited October 2009
    sage version: Sage version reduces HP and MP cost to 35% of your current total. (sounds to me as if it actually does less damage, which is counterproductive to what you are trying to accomplish, though it does help your survivability)

demon: Demon version does 10% extra damage.

Sage version does same damage as lvl10, it just burns less HP and MP, so more survivability. Demon ofc as you see does 10% extra damage for the 50% HP and MP burn.

While I greatly appreciate ecatomb's hardwork, his site has occasionally been out of date (he's probably waiting on confirmation).
    But yeah I think he meant humanoid or tigerform, though I'm not sure why either sage or demon would go in and stay humanoid. Unless they are not the main tank in which case the sage would probably be the humanoid one. b:chuckle
    Actually ever since the introduction of Holy path I find clerics to be the fastest race now in PWI. Too often have I seen one run headfirst into aggro range of a mob at 15m/s b:chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PikyWilly - Lost City
    PikyWilly - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    question :o
    i read on some discussions that if you pk in human form go sage?
    is either clearly better than the other in human form? cuz demon has 35% crit from beastial and idrk what sage has
    confused b:surrender

btw about the tw thing.. the cata is always slower than you >< even if ur speed debuffed (unless ur walking :P)
    edited November 2009
    question :o
    i read on some discussions that if you pk in human form go sage?
    is either clearly better than the other in human form? cuz demon has 35% crit from beastial and idrk what sage has
    confused b:surrender

Not really. PK in any form -> demon wins out because of crits. In human form demon perdition = 10% more dmg and after onslaught or sunder you are looking at a crit armageddon.

In humanoid form the sage barb does more steady damage (not spike) than a demon barb, due sage Axe and hammer mastery and sage titans buff. Also sage armageddon = same damage as lvl10, but less HP and MP burn.

So I'd say, if you grind in human form, go sage b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]