Light armour clerics

Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
I been looking around the forms and people say that La clerics is **** endgame...

in wat way are they ****? i mean if they refine they get more hp then full vit,
they do more dmg then the vit clerics due to the crits and also alot more phy def. So the only bad thing is the loss of some M def??
Post edited by Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands on

Comments

• lifegod90
    lifegod90 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bump. I'd like to know this too..
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You could go LA but that is up to you other than that Arcane will do.You want good citrine shards on.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    b:chuckle just that when i ask people in pk server about La clerics first thing they say is 90+ la FAIL =_= so am just wondering in which way??? or do they fail only for people who cant refine pretty wellb:angry
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    7,1,2 build + crit rings + pdeff shards > LA + hpshards
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    personal preference i believe... I was LA from 70-90 due to awesome LA molders and i like the added pdef.

But once u hit 90+ and refine ur end game(ish) pdef ornaments and put good shards in u gear... you still have respectable pdef % reduction (due to diminishing returns) in arcane. Plus ur heals are higher as a hybrid and average dmg is higher. LA is still a pretty decent option though... imo not as good as arcane for clerics @ 90, hence the restat at 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
    edited September 2009
    personal preference i believe... I was LA from 70-90 due to awesome LA molders and i like the added pdef.

But once u hit 90+ and refine ur end game(ish) pdef ornaments and put good shards in u gear... you still have respectable pdef % reduction (due to diminishing returns) in arcane. Plus ur heals are higher as a hybrid and average dmg is higher. LA is still a pretty decent option though... imo not as good as arcane for clerics @ 90, hence the restat at 90.

a pvp vit cleric adds 6 mage per 2 lvlz same as arcane right? or do u mean the other type maybe? i might restat l8er on so just wonderin which build u mean ^^b:thanks
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I haven't got a specific build per say, about ~70 vit and 43 str (sky demon's pearl gets it up to 50 for eq) and the rest in magic.
    Seems to work pretty well so far just cap ur vit at what you feel you need, but remember that refines and shards are going to add alot of hp later (more than ur tiny 10hp/vit).

The reason that wizzies and venos might go LA is cause of both of their respective pdef buffs (stone barrier and fox form) that stack ontop of BM and cleric buffs to give crazy pdef, clerics obviously don't get this advantage....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    oops posted twice...ignore this
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Currently, endgame armour is TT90 with crazy refines. For LA and arcane armour sets, this armour gives the same vit bonuses on both. Arcane also gives +mag bonuses and LA gives +dex bonuses.

One reason why Arcane is thought better after 90 is that you can add vit withs stat points, get the same vit bonuses on the TT90 armour, so overall have much greater health and almost as much pdef. Also, the mag bonuses on the armour helps our damage. Now, LA can get this magic by using the dex bonuses on the armour and restatting excess dex into mag [but this is way expensive].

LA, having enough pdef at 90, should wear one phys and one elemental ornaments, or 2 elementals. This helps to match the mdef of arcane [it is possibile; you can also refine rings].

Arcane, to match the pdef of LA, has to CRAZY refine their phys def ornaments--but this, too, is possible. Both have to spend money to get good gears.

Resists can be compensated for, but nothing beats full vit+arcane TT90 in terms of hp.

Both builds are sort of the ultimate defensive builds....howeverrrrr....pretty soon with the expansion on the horizon I have a feeling that engame expectations will change. New armour sets, higher level cap, more content--TT90 may not be the ULTIMATE anymore. And then LA may be great again just like it is from 70-90.

p.s. the crit in LA is very very nice, can get it up to 12-13% by those levels, good for pvp b:dirty

p.p.s one cool thing about LA is that you can stack a bit of -%chan, if you wear elemental ornaments that give those bonuses too. arcane wearing elemental ornaments just for -%chan is dumb imo, cuz you miss out on a lot of pdef that way.
  • Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver
    Belldandy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Light armor takes more STR and DEX than arcane. Those points that you have to add to STR and DEX come out of MAG. Less MAG means weaker heals. So, yeah, you're losing some m.def but you're also losing healing power.
    I am Belldandy, Goddess 1st Class, Unlimited License.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    thanks guys ^^ that really helped me decide what to do

am going to reset my La for vit build and use phy stones b:dirty thanks again b:thanks
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Light armor takes more STR and DEX than arcane. Those points that you have to add to STR and DEX come out of MAG. Less MAG means weaker heals. So, yeah, you're losing some m.def but you're also losing healing power.
    no, they come out of vit not mag. a vit arcane build has the same mag as LA builds
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The sticky Cayeon's Guide says enough about LA clerics for you to decide.

You should read it as well as half of the people in this thread.
  • Slake - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Cayeon's guide was around when the dinosaurs were around, it should be used as a rough guide, not a gospel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    no, they come out of vit not mag. a vit arcane build has the same mag as LA builds
    No.... I used to be a vit hybrid like built... when restating I had to use an extra reset note to take out a lot of points from mgk, because just vit wasnt enough (I had it to almost 100 by 90 I think). Just think about it, let say you want to restat at 90 to LA. you have 5 dex, need 89 more to get 94. Then u also need like 50-60 added to str. U need about 140-160 points overall. U had THAT much vit? o.o
    <--- oh btw LA lol

p.s. the crit in LA is very very nice, can get it up to 12-13% by those levels, good for pvp
    I have 11 now, could bump up by 1-2 more if I got a crit weap & that +1 necklace... But to tell you the truth I think I'd prefer higher normal dmg than crits, cause they are too random.
  • kenlee
    edited October 2009
    a full vit cleric use the same number for MAG (3 per lvl) put min in STR (1 every 2 lvls or so) and rest to VIT
    a light armor use 3 MAG (same as vit clerics) plus +1 DEX and +1 STR every lvl. no points left for VIT at all

unless you use less points for VIT and put more in MAG there is not diff. between vit clerics and LA clerics in magic atk
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    Pharaoh - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2009
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009

That looks pretty good.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This setup seems really good.
    Altho the LA wrist and LA body does not seem too viable since the % of crafting a OHT gear and 3 star gear with 3x 142pdef is a bit hard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    This setup seems really good.
    Altho the LA wrist and LA body does not seem too viable since the % of crafting a OHT gear and 3 star gear with 3x 142pdef is a bit hard?

they are what i use now
    ^^
    edited October 2009
    they are what i use now
    ^^
    i know. im just saying its not viable enough for others to be set as an example, because i think the OP is looking for an overall setup.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • kenlee
    edited October 2009
    half heavy half robe is even better, more pdef a little more hp and almost same mdef. you just have to use ethereal neck/belt and all ornaments need to have +stats to wear same weapon as LA cleric (eventually one with +dex/+mag). of course some nice tome with +stats and you are better than LA
    btw, your stats include buffs
    edited October 2009
    kenlee wrote: »
    half heavy half robe is even better, more pdef a little more hp and almost same mdef. you just have to use ethereal neck/belt and all ornaments need to have +stats to wear same weapon as LA cleric (eventually one with +dex/+mag). of course some nice tome with +stats and you are better than LA
    My friend and i tried various gears and swapping using that character simulatior to possibly make that kinda build, and it didnt go very well. You will need a very high lv tome too if you want your armor to be even within 15 lvls of your current one, not to mention weapon.
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    kenlee wrote: »

missing 22stats(assume 220hp)heavy/robe
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=23f675df25cfdd5a

mine
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c2de653d25399f21

trade off:
    570 hp(heavy robe) vs 500 mdef+ 3% crit +1000 more matk(LA robe)

aside for heavy/robe not possible at lvl 100 unless u use major +stat gear which lowers ur overall stats even more.

u can think about going heavy robe when u can afford high refines on armor and even then LA/robe is still better because the only class that should be focusing on tanking is a veno.
    if u want to kill people as an ep u either would go full magic,
    or high crit; these 2 builds r the two extremes. every other build is an intermediate.
  • kenlee
    edited October 2009
    its true, its an ideal build because its very expensive... besides that some of your equip. parts not worth changing for anything else

at lower lvl (80-90) you can use heavy/robe and weapon on your lvl using some molds or TT gear with +stats
    i havent done any simulation for 100+ so you are probably right
    edited October 2009
    Wheres Mad_Doc when you need him >.> he did a very interesting multi HA included cleric armour....
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Wheres Mad_Doc when you need him >.> he did a very interesting multi HA included cleric armour....

posted wrong link

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=23f675df25cfdd5a
  • kenlee
    edited October 2009
    yep, -22 points
    but at lower lvl or if you are poor you could use TT arcane wristguards (usually it gives you +mag and/or +dex), fb69 mold rings (yeah i dont have those awesome +3% crit and -6%chan rings) and other molds for neck/belt
    or keep this heavy/arcane build for lvl 105 when you will have 25 more points b:laugh
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009

When did you get that helm? Last time i peek you I think you had cloudcrash with 2 phys res, not 167 but 142 if I remember rightly.

Awesome luck if you found one with 3x 167 phys- i never seen one of those around! QQ
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In fact with that helm it might be easier just to do an equivalent battle cleric build;

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1147fcb669b9c930

You lose a few crit %, but for a similar HP you get the same phys def, more magic def and more magic attack. You will also have greater freedom with attribute points to allocate between vit and magic.

Or even simpler: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=11cdf7c6b5729002

^^ Just another option for anyone interested.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010