Guild Leader Question...

JaneGray - Lost City
JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
...or how to tell who are inactives.

I recently created my own guild and I was wondering how you can tell the last log in date of every member. I'm also wondering if there is a way to put spaces in the Guild Slogan?

Thanks! :D

Also if anybody knows of any threads on how to run a good guild, a link would be highly appreciated :D
[SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
Post edited by JaneGray - Lost City on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    no and no
    (well for spaces youll just have to be creative WriteLikeThisWithCaps)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    simple just list people with titles lol.

which would stand for how many weeks or days they've been inactive.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    simple just list people with titles lol.

which would stand for how many weeks or days they've been inactive.
    xD
    yeah but thers still no way to tell WHEN they actually LOGGED in. The closest thing you can do is title them by their lvls and HOPE they lvl to see their lvl change
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yeah but thers still no way to tell WHEN they actually LOGGED in. The closest thing you can do is title them by their lvls and HOPE they lvl to see their lvl change

This is true and I do wish there was some way to see that. It would be especially helpful in very large factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Most factions do something like this:

New member "title" is the day of the month they join and then the lvl they are when they join.

So someone who joined today at lvl 73 would be 2773.

Next month on the 27th if that person is still the same lvl, they generally aren't very active. (unless of course they are a very high lvl that takes a long long time to lvl)

But if someone joined at level 10 and a month later still lvl 10.. they are inactive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kielala - Sanctuary
    Kielala - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm the leader of STYLE and this is how we keep track of inactive players.

I went through and gave every member a title that was their current level. Ex. Kielala lvl 86, title "86".

Then once a week I look through the faction list. Anyone that has leveled in the past week I update their title to the appropriate number. Ex. Barb1 had the title of 56 but is now lvl 57. I update his title to "57". Anyone that has not leveled during the past week gets an "x" added to their title. Ex. Wiz1 had the title 44 but has not leveled. I change his/her title to "44x". If a player had a "x" but the following week did level, I change their title back to their current level. Ex. Veno1 had the title "58x" but has leveled to 59 I change the title to "59". Every week a player does not level I add an "x". Ex. Wiz1 still has not leveled in the past 2 weeks, I change his/her title to "44xx". After the 3rd week if they have not leveled they are banished from the faction. Three strikes and your out.

I personally don't keep track of leveling for 60+ players. Also if a player goes on vacation or is going to be gone for an extended amount of time I change their title to "afk" to make sure I do not accidentally banish them. This of course can be modified to fit your faction. For instance updating every 2 weeks, or not keeping track of leveling for 50+ or 70+. This method works for us, but might be a little extreme for a new faction. Good luck with your new faction. :)

Your friendly neighborhood veno,
    Kielala
    I'm a male veno...I know aren't we all, lol.
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    perfect exacmple. :D thank you.
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
    edited October 2009
    perfect exacmple. :D thank you.

Becareful tho >.< Unless your a active TW faction, some pple dont like to be pressured with being lvl labeled too obviously in faction. Try to be as ambiguous as possible.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have never liked the idea of title being your lvl. Makes you feel that guild cares only about how fast you level. Besides, quite many ppl stays in lvl85 for a while for gamma or in lvl89 to get gears before dinging.

In our guild we keep track on how they level up without adding titles. At the begining of month we just check changes in member level compared to previous month. In that way members don't feel pressured and you can keep an eye on possible inactives. It also gives a chance to other officers to post if they have seen some certain member online or not, or maybe knows the reason of inactivity. But this method needs some work...
  • Being_Right - Lost City
    Being_Right - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Do something like this with the titles, type day they joined and lvl when they joined, as an example 2915 (joined 29th of this month lvl 15). Every 30 days go through and see if they've lvl'd whoever doesnt lvl or w/e according to your standards, you boot. When those people been in guild for more then 30 days take off the day and just put lvl and repeat doing process every 30 days. 30 days is enough to lvl at least once even at lvl 90 if their active especially now with bh and other things.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    We try to track activity by level; in general, if they haven't leveled in 2 weeks, you can say they're inactive. In general. I mean it fails, some people lose internet, go on trips, some make alts and don't always want them in faction and end up playing them more than the char they got in... etc etc. And some people are slow levelers and yet very active. Since we're a PVE/social guild, I really don't mind as long as they're active.

Level tracking is done via Excel documents (well I'm using OpenOffice, but same thing >_>), which I would normally update every week or so. And we all know I just don't (tedious process really x.x). Also nice to keep notes if someone says they're going to be off for an extended period, possible problematic members, who's who (in case of alts), etc.

Hmm might do that right now >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:surrender Yes as activity manager in my guild I can say its hard not knowing when they log on however the only way to truly monitor activity is to have everyone in the guild to pitch in however most of it will be done on your own or most preferably your officers should do this job. Google docs and excel are both very good things for tracking levels you can set them in the category and with every level update it its not on the guild list so people don't feel as pressured you can choose to show your guild this progress in their levels as they can get their friends to level up so they don't get kicked. Another thing to do is if someone is going to go on vacation have them tell you and you keep track of that too. My faction goes by most everything you do, can help me not mark you as inactive talking in guild chat helps activity managers love the personalities it makes it easier to track. TT runs rebirth TW if everyone pitches in and watches everyone else they can tell you who is active and who is not leaving the only thing you have to do is monitor the really inactive ones with levels. b:victory its very time consuming but it really works.

My lack of punctuation disturbs me however xD I am not going to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009

you don't have people online in your faction or something?? b:shocked
    just ask others in your faction if they've seen people marked inactive on.
    lol...
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol...

The problem is when it gets to people that play but don't talk. I myself just PMed someone who was in my old faction, and they mentioned that they didn't like talking in group situations because they typed slower than most. If people didn't monitor their level, no one would know that they were online unless they regularly refresh the online list and memorize the names on it.

Some people are active and not talkative, which makes them especially hard to track. If someone is talkative in faction (like me b:surrender) and suddenly stops talking, it's easy to notice. If they never talked, but played regularly, it's much harder...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited October 2009
    lol...

I wish my life was easy as yours....
    The problem is when it gets to people that play but don't talk. I myself just PMed someone who was in my old faction, and they mentioned that they didn't like talking in group situations because they typed slower than most. If people didn't monitor their level, no one would know that they were online unless they regularly refresh the online list and memorize the names on it.

Some people are active and not talkative, which makes them especially hard to track. If someone is talkative in faction (like me b:surrender) and suddenly stops talking, it's easy to notice. If they never talked, but played regularly, it's much harder...
    ^^^This.
    Unless you have some kinda rare person who keeps track of refreshing the fac window every few min. the time their on, 'asking around' just doesnt cut it.
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Personally, in other games as a faction leader I took notes. I used my notepad and made little comments. That worked for me. Some find that a little over zealous, but do what works for you. If you want to keep complete track a few people squad them and just observe what they do. {Off topic for some reason > That is how I selected my officers. I like the people that represent the faction to be actively helping those that are in need of it.}
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry