LA or AA?

Options
LetsLive - Lost City
LetsLive - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Light Armor or Arcane?Im on PvP server.Want to PvP before 90 too-.- .Can someone who have experienced it answer me please?
Post edited by LetsLive - Lost City on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It wouldn't matter at your lvl using La would be ok in your first 40 to 50 lvls.You will want to change to Arcane later on though in your 60s or 70s don't worry about being squishy.When you get you major attacks lvl to 10 and get chromatic seal atleast as close to 10.This is so you can sleep them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • LetsLive - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks for your response,i mainly asked my question because someone told me that if i would go LA i wont have enough m.attack to be usefull at Pking,both in party or solo.Thats why i was wondering if Arcane with some Vit isnt better,i dont know the right Vit build,in first guide on forum its said that good vit build is:6mag,3vit,1str every 2lvls but at this build i end up with same m.attack and even lower p.def -.- ....
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm LA and I friggin love it. But I keep an arcane set on the side in case i need the magic def. b:victory
    i don't think your build matters too much though, as long as you can wear the armor of choice + hold your magic weapon. After that just go with your own playing style and have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am a Vit Build Cleric. I deal major Damage (often stealing Aggro from even archers), have 3k HP at my current lvl of 81, wear Arcane Armor and I've no problem.

I suggest a vit Build.

Enough Str for equips.
    1 vit every level
    All the rest into mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Stay arcane till you're ~70-80'ish. Fastest build to level with really and thats what you should concentrate on until you're 70-80+

At those levels and above you should start getting more into pvp so you can re-assess your build then. Trying to pvp much earlier than that is going to be hard so I wouldnt recommend it.b:shutup
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Stay arcane till you're ~70-80'ish. Fastest build to level with really and thats what you should concentrate on until you're 70-80+

At those levels and above you should start getting more into pvp so you can re-assess your build then. Trying to pvp much earlier than that is going to be hard so I wouldnt recommend it.b:shutup

^^^^ This.

Until 60-70 you don't really need a LA build. Your PvP is being smashed by 7x-8x PKers, and with some VIT and decent HP shards you can survive decently to mobs.

After 6x-7x, Arcane is obviously still good, but if you plan getting in PvP (this mainly is 7x and 8x) LA is definately better. Also the Echelon's example... He has 3k HP with about 80 VIT (that means 800 HP from vit). I'm LA and i have 3,5k, with 5 VIT. And i don't have OP event items or high refines: this because 7x-8x LA items are themselves better than arcane ones.

On 9x things changes, and Arcane is prolly the only way. But there the matter is completely different.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am a Vit Build Cleric. I deal major Damage (often stealing Aggro from even archers), have 3k HP at my current lvl of 81, wear Arcane Armor and I've no problem.

I suggest a vit Build.

Enough Str for equips.
    1 vit every level
    All the rest into mag.

I thought this was more of mag. build?
  • LetsLive - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks for all replies,after consulting with some high lvls(95+)i decided to go arcane Vit hybrid build and cap my Vit at 50 for now.Thanks again for all your replies.
  • MiniFace - Lost City
    MiniFace - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I thought this was more of mag. build?

Since he puts 1 vit every lv. it called a vit build.

I'm arcane Lv. 68, vit build I guess you'd call it.

Except I capped my Vit. at 25 and its saying like that. Now pure mag. ( Enough str for equips then rest in mag.)

I have about 2.6k hp and 6.1k mana. I do have about 13 Flawless citrines in my gears though b:laugh.
    PM me on Lost City if you need some help b:laugh
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Since he puts 1 vit every lv. it called a vit build.

I'm arcane Lv. 68, vit build I guess you'd call it.

Except I capped my Vit. at 25 and its saying like that. Now pure mag. ( Enough str for equips then rest in mag.)

I have about 3.6k hp and 6.1k mana. I do have about 13 Flawless citrines in my gears though b:laugh.

1 and 2 VIT every 10 lvls should be considered hybrid build, since 3 VIT every 2 lvls is the max VIT quantity you can afford (being it the "VIT" build).

VIT capped at 25 is MAG build soiled with some VIT point... And 3,6k HP on 6x lvl with 25 VIT... there are 3 options...

1) cashshopper with high refines
    2) cashshopper with high refines and barb buff
    3) bullshlt b:victory

Edit: 3,6k HP at level 68 (with overall 13 G7 Citrine):

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=67c229e4cc0976d9

Look how generous i've been assuming all 3-star armor parts have +80 HP as blue bonus. I don't really think a sane person would refine to +7 lvl 60 gears...
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    They wouldn't. They would wait and refine their TT90, maybe at their earliest TT80. My cleric is L62 with 60 VIT (base), higher with her gears on. She only has 2.1k HP without barb buff. So I agree with Len. There's no way 25 VIT can do that unlessed they're refined really high with + VIT stats.
  • MiniFace - Lost City
    MiniFace - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1 and 2 VIT every 10 lvls should be considered hybrid build, since 3 VIT every 2 lvls is the max VIT quantity you can afford (being it the "VIT" build).

VIT capped at 25 is MAG build soiled with some VIT point... And 3,6k HP on 6x lvl with 25 VIT... there are 3 options...

1) cashshopper with high refines
    2) cashshopper with high refines and barb buff
    3) bullshlt b:victory

Look how generous i've been assuming all 3-star armor parts have +80 HP as blue bonus. I don't really think a sane person would refine to +7 lvl 60 gears...

I edited my post, I put 3.6k instead of 2.6k.. b:cry
    PM me on Lost City if you need some help b:laugh
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I edited my post, I put 3.6k instead of 2.6k.. b:cry

b:chuckle mistakes happens b:kiss
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options

I like the stats but I seem to have much higher m. attack although that one has more hps than I do.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I like the stats but I seem to have much higher m. attack although that one has more hps than I do.

I didnt put any attention to weapon/rings or so, it was just an example to check what crazy refines would need a 68 cleric to have 3,6k HP :P

PS i dint even put all points available in mag.. b:chuckle
  • Salpix - Harshlands
    Salpix - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I myself love being arcane. I'm a vit/dd type of cleric, I suppose you can say.
    In PvP, I honestly have no problems of being "Too" squishy, due to the fact I already have imacculates and flawless garnets in my armor.
    I didn't add citrine shards because i'm content with my vitality points as they are.

Though, I suppose it just depends what you're more into. I personally dont worry about taking damage because we have the power to ironheart, and kill. :P