Magic vs. Pet vs. Fox?

datbiotodd
datbiotodd Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
ok so im new to PW (heard from a friend he said it was pretty good and not much lag) so you know i had to try it if no lagg lol.

Anyways i have a very simple but hard question which kind of venomancer is best for Pvp:

Fox? and i really dont know but can they cast magic and have a pet out when in fox form? and are they good in Pvp? and if you can give me a guide or a brief skill guide and stat guide

or Magic caster/human form? and if they are good in Pvp is it possible to be like half magic user half pet junky?

or Pet junky(by the way i LOVE pets in game i love haveing someone or something do my dirty work for me)? and i kind of though if i go with being a pet user i can still go with magic to so i can kind of see that the pet junky and magic user's are a like.

so i just want to know which one pwns best in pvp. Oh and this will be my first character btw and if you can give me some tips id love that. Cause idk jack diddly squat on venomancers.

Thanks b:shutup
Post edited by datbiotodd on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The best venomancer uses both fox and human forms and has all the skills. But.

You can use the 'heal pet' spell whilst a fox, so yes, you have a pet whether you're in fox form or not.

Pure arcane venomancers tend to have more magic, and so large pet heals.

In fox form you havbe a higher physical defence.

Other than that - read the guides at the top of the forum.
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    HAHA I love both forms. U should invest in both. I love purging all of the buffs off and than amping the damage and have my pet tear them apart cuz fleash realm does huge damage in pvp. Fox form also has a really good def bonus to help u stay alive and in case they do hurt u, u can always soul transfusion to switch mp with hp. After i purge and amp depending if they are a heavy armor or not i switch into mage form and start nuking them with magic. Good pets for pvp is sawfly with fleash realm or nix with fleash realm. They both fly and move very fast. With a nix it just gets too easy tho. Everyone i fight i purge, amp and its over before the person even hits me 1 time cuz nix stunned them or i stun lock with nix stun and my stun after.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dont let anyone tell you that there is no point in leveling fox moves as well as human form...there are always going to be times when you are in TT or in other instances when the tank wants the foxes under the boss to debuff,,,and they get pretty POed if the veno says they 'didnt level those'.

its a good idea to try to have a set of other armour on hand for when you are in fox form...im finding, at this late date, that i wish i had kept myself open to that option, because arcane doesnt protect much when you are getting pounded on physically, unless you shard for that. but otherwise, arcane is pretty much the best way to go for a veno most of the time.

pets- unless you have plans for a lengdary, get a crystaline golem asap, and keep his bash leveled up by going to MrsZoo in archasaur...its worth the investment. for an air pet, people say the sawfly...honestly, i wouldnt know. the way they look just bothered me too much-afraid of wasps IRL!b:chuckle but i have a windwalking pig who is pretty tough, especially since i added flesh ream...again, a case of leveling moves asap, so that they can work with you without you stealing aggro. water pet- the vortex turtles in the lake below the waterfall near Plume are good. its a good idea to have one in your bag or bank leveled and ready to roll...water quests arent frequent, but when you have them, you really need a good pet. sometimes you can grab a local turtle, but not always.

HAHA I love both forms. U should invest in both. I love purging all of the buffs off and than amping the damage and have my pet tear them apart cuz fleash realm does huge damage in pvp. Fox form also has a really good def bonus to help u stay alive and in case they do hurt u, u can always soul transfusion to switch mp with hp. After i purge and amp depending if they are a heavy armor or not i switch into mage form and start nuking them with magic. Good pets for pvp is sawfly with fleash realm or nix with fleash realm. They both fly and move very fast. With a nix it just gets too easy tho. Everyone i fight i purge, amp and its over before the person even hits me 1 time cuz nix stunned them or i stun lock with nix stun and my stun after.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Amp and purge are a must have. If you plan on going Demon, I love the Fox Form shifting speed. You can use it as soon as it cools down and you move so fast. *drool* Soul Degen is great in PvP.
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    sage is better for the solid deffense u get is better what a little speed only works iff ur preffer more human form sure its cuter 2 see ur toon with its fashion but way weaker then foxform wish u lose nothing u only get stronger
    there are like off 10/1 who play fox most off the time wish is me i also like the leech wish will we 100% accurate in sage cant wait leech owns
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    sage is better for the solid deffense u get is better what a little speed only works iff ur preffer more human form sure its cuter 2 see ur toon with its fashion but way weaker then foxform wish u lose nothing u only get stronger
    there are like off 10/1 who play fox most off the time wish is me i also like the leech wish will we 100% accurate in sage cant wait leech owns

Odd - I'd previously heard people saying that demon was the choice to make if you prefer fox form, with sage being better for arcane casters.
  • ClassySassy - Sanctuary
    ClassySassy - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Odd - I'd previously heard people saying that demon was the choice to make if you prefer fox form, with sage being better for arcane casters.

I would say it's actually the opposite of that. Sage caster has some nice things too. But sage melee mastery, fox form, and leech life particularly make sage an awesome choice for foxes.

However I think this thread has gotten ahead of itself. This is a brand new player, and we're already going on about sage and demon paths.

If I was going to recommend a build to a brand new veno user, it would be the mage form. There is no "pet path" as all builds use them and they have their own skills. So only worry about fox or mage. When I started, I built pure magic. 1 strength and 9 magic every 2 levels. I can also recommend two vitality builds.

1 str 3 vit 6 magic every two levels.

1 str 2 vit 7 magic every two levels.

Pure fox form is essentially a melee build, and it's weaker than other melee classes ESPECIALLY at the beginning. Later on when dps comes into play more for grinding and such it catches up.

Let me know what server you plan to play on. If it's sanctuary I know several people that would be happy to teach you, including myself.