Tackling Nix's

Options
2»

Comments

• Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If the bm and veno are the same lvl than that nix would take a pretty nice chuck out of ur hp even if u are heavy armor unless u alter marrow phy but than take a bigger chuck of damage from the magic nuking.
    Im not sure for arcane venos but Bms fall pretty fast. Well the ones my lvl do.
    I send nix and hit the bm with about 1-2 magic attacks than they die.
    If they have a charm, its still pretty easy.
    My fox form also give me close to HA phy def also and with my soul transfusion, metabolic boost and soon (i hope) bramble hood, its a hard combo to beat cuz i never die from a stunlock.
    plus that 70% less accuarcy from befuddling mist maxed is super sexy :D

And i think if its a dragged out pk most ppl will start fighting in the air. Am i wrong?
    So ur speed skills wont help. But i could be wrong cuz i am a lvl 5x noobie XD.

Arcane Veno going into the air is a bad idea... dragon+True Emptiness= 8k damage
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    most meler's that do ant serious pvp also will invest in a max speed fly mount

also you assume we're going to follow you into the air most bm's just either walk away or dragons>true emptieness>farstrike you out of the sky

i find its best to concentrate on the veno while using aoe stuns and a feew knockback skills on the nix with a little practice its easy to knock that burn bird behind a rock or or somthing where it'll get traped

i did kinda say this already(redundant posts ftl)

if nix's where no threat why would vemo's invest so much in them?

i may not fear the nix but show it the respect it deservers or it'll toast ya pretty goodb:surrender

b:bye
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    @ _Miku_: at your lvl it does, yes. Wait till you get 80+, the nix wont take down any BM for you.

Please ppl, use ur heads. The nix is a threat allright, but not to HA chars. The veno ITSELF is a threat to them! HA gets nuked by magic, not by physical att. Are you guys scared of Heavens flame? NO! (ok only for its effect rolf).
    If you are skilld you can stun a veno for at least 12 seconds. If you are unable to kill an arcane veno in 12 secs, you kinda fail...
    LA and especially HA is another story. for LA throw in some genie skills like true emptiness, with some practice should be ok.
    Good luck with HA tho... :(
  • Ryuske - Dreamweaver
    Ryuske - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    aa and la stun and aoe like mad
    ha run like hellb:shocked
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OP HOW YOU BEEN DOING WITH THE NIX CLASS...

just want to say the nix isnt that strong if you are at the same lvl or higher. that deflect thing however,b:shocked
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OP HOW YOU BEEN DOING WITH THE NIX CLASS...

just want to say the nix isnt that strong if you are at the same lvl or higher. that deflect thing however,b:shocked

For the 214781475174612374512785628731418578461757 time. Reflect does NOT work in PvP. it ONLY works in DUELS. All the move does in PvP, is absorb some damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    For the 214781475174612374512785628731418578461757 time. Reflect does NOT work in PvP. it ONLY works in DUELS. All the move does in PvP, is absorb some damage.

b:surrender You might have to keep reminding me because I keep forgetting. And you're wrong. It doesn't absorb damage, it reduces it! b:victory
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:surrender You might have to keep reminding me because I keep forgetting. And you're wrong. It doesn't absorb damage, it reduces it! b:victory

lolb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Jump into the water.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Alright I have actually gone into pk and fought 8x and 9x veno with Nixed to come out victoriu, here's my advice.

I have 6khp, and thunderdeath axes. This means I can stunlock and do high spike damage I also cross with swords and pole.

1st attack - Myriad sword stance, 8 meters range - all enemies within 15 meters have their damage reduced by 50%. Got an HP charm? some pots? good, for 15 seconds you basically have immunity.

Spark pot - you guessed it, 'drakes bash' you see a little green animation on the veno? might be bramblehood it's got 1 second channelling time! think fast - 'smack' you got 3 seconds land the drakes bash.
    Fissure, make sure the nix is affected by the slow
    knockback the nix with a polearm -ignore this if you don't have a polearm-

for HA and LA venos heavens flame is really needed in my opinion due to double the damage, if you used calamity axes 'heavens flame + zerk + crit' would certainly 1 shot a veno, but would be very rare, yet not impossible.

pole - sword - axe, take all 3 into consideration there's a reason Bms are blessed with 3 styles (fists are for looks)

oh btw, 50% reduced channelling speed for 15 second on venos might hurt as well, so keep mage bane in mind (sword skill).

with 6khp, Im not bothered with 700-800 damage from a nix bleed lol.

(btw i made most this stuff up on the spot, never actually tried to do it, lol.)
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    keep mage bane in mind
    b:embarrass
    (btw i made most this stuff up on the spot, never actually tried to do it, lol.)
    b:embarrass
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options

**** you bramble hood works and hurts more than the nix+venob:angry
    edited November 2009
    Options
    just want to say i just tried it a few mins ago and its not niceb:surrenderb:angry
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    **** you bramble hood works and hurts more than the nix+venob:angry

Then you did it in a duel.
    It does not work in normal PvP. It only works in duels.
    And I hope to god you weren't testing it on that character and using your cleric to melee people anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    oh btw, 50% reduced channelling speed for 15 second on venos might hurt as well, so keep mage bane in mind (sword skill).

Mage Bane is 8 seconds long when maxed.

pole - sword - axe, take all 3 into consideration there's a reason Bms are blessed with 3 styles (fists are for looks)

LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol myth, fists are for looks? :P

that's about as accurate as saying that mage bane lasts 15 seconds and that it's actually worth the spark it uses up.