Barbarian Help please.

dazmo
dazmo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Barbarian
I made a barbarian and i am new to PW.
My Stat build is a tanker, and i would like this barb to earn money.
Which skill build should i use??
I have 3 builds but idk which one to use for making money and tanking.
Build 1:
Human Build
Melee skills
Beast Lord Whomp = MAX
Garrotte = 1
Gravitation Stonker = MAX
Anti-Armor Batter = Low level add 1 enough , High level must max for fighting

Range skills
Billow = 1
FireStorm Wielder = 1
Ground Render =1
Beast King Onslaught = Low level add 1 enough , High level must max for range fighting
Perdition = MAX

Supporting Skills
Ferity Restoration = MAX
Beast King Reanimate = Low level add 1 enough , High level must max for fighting
Blood Bath = Low level add 1 enough , High level must max for fighting
Titan
Post edited by dazmo on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    X_x
    even after putting all that work into making this post,
    you really couldn't bother to scroll down just a little bit more and check out the class specific sub forum....
    b:angryb:angry
    this makes me confoosed hamster.
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dazmo wrote: »
    I made a barbarian and i am new to PW.
    My Stat build is a tanker, and i would like this barb to earn money.
    Which skill build should i use??

Not gonna happen...It just isn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009

THIS

10characters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2009

read my sig b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol. True. Only way to earn money as a barb is by playing with the market. Repair costs will be rather high, pots will cost quite a bit, gear and skills also will and you won't be able to solo Call to Duty or Twilight Temple quests like venos, neither world bosses (there's one that ranged classes could solo givven a high enough level and enough patience), grinding doesn't really give that much money.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol. True. Only way to earn money as a barb is by playing with the market. Repair costs will be rather high, pots will cost quite a bit, gear and skills also will and you won't be able to solo Call to Duty or Twilight Temple quests like venos, neither world bosses (there's one that ranged classes could solo givven a high enough level and enough patience), grinding doesn't really give that much money.

this.
    I grinded (true form) for a couple hours while farming crafting materials. I got 200 k in drops between coins and NPC'ing dq items. When finished, I did my repairs and restocked my potions - this cost me 140k. I stay broke pretty much. Only way I make coin is to catshop rarish drops like oracles and crusade orders, as well as lower level mats i dig up that people are too lazy to do themselves. It becomes even worse when doing squad grinding, FB's and BH's - I rarely get drops at all, and my repair bills will always outweigh my sales in what pitiful drops i get. fortunately enough my sister plays cleric and when we squad together, we end the party by splitting our drops evenly (ie we each drag half of what we got into the trade window, unless only one of the items came to us). Thus I'm able to better afford my repairs and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Barbs CAN make money , it just takes a hell'va long time.

Avoid Fb's and just grind grind quest grind quest grind some more lol. Its boring and noone wants to do it lol

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009

Avoid Fb's and just grind grind quest grind quest grind some more lol. Its boring and noone wants to do it lol

b:bye

ummm excuse me?

I do grind, grind, grind...and typical earnings for a barb are between 50K and 80K/hr solo grinding. (That's after drops are sold and repairs are made.)

Best way to earn coin as a barb is the wraith events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

LOL, no b:shutup

-GRIND is not a good way for a barb to make moeny cuz:

we takes to much to kill a single mob

so we will be hitted more than any other class and this will raise repair bills and mana cost is high too

seeing this...
    -ull avoid AOE GRIND too, for the same reason, or even more cuz more mobs more hits

-FBs r good somehow if ur a lucky barb (b:bye) and have nice party that makes things easy but still ull end up with huge repair and mana waste

-TTs r good sources of money, BUT u have to find a full good squad for it or ull end up taking 200k repairs, the drops 1st choice HAS TO BE FOR BARBS THEN CLER cuz of the obvious matters of relevance. TTs run takes a bit of times so ull need to get ur time cuz USUALLY theres no fast run in TT (just couple boss) but always full run (all the bosses) seeing that u pay to enter TT.

-RBs r good sources of XP and money JUST if u can get a full run till the end, reapir r unbelivable high but the reward r good too. same matters from TT, ull need a good squad EXPED and like 4-5hours of NON-STOP tanking, so be prepared. HP CHARM REQUIRED so ull spending money be4 even enterb:cry

ZHEN PARTY r a good way to get XP but not money cuz all the drops will be divided by 6 and are just regular drops(money and maybe item), u wont tanking and this saves u from the repair bill but again it will be HP CHARM REQUIRED to get into zhen. this squad usually stands for hours on the spot of aoeing so it will takes some good time of grinding.

-WRAITH ARMY r the best sources of money by DQ items, but these event r RANDOM so is possible that ull never find any in a month. once u read the duke shouts ull have to get there ASAP so ull find ur own spot where to grind as many as u can. ALWAYS kill wraiths in HUMAN form cuz ull have more damage and a range skill too. partecipate at EVERY wraith army cuz even the lowest gives nice DQ drops and seeing that u can 1shot every mob, it will be very worthy to partecipate.

-CAT SHOP is a good way to make money if u have good deals and ur internet connection doesnt fail so it can stand up all the night long even if ur into the arch lagb:surrender

-AUCTION HOUSE is another way to make money but ull have to be good at this and know well the prices and the demand for some items so u can buy and resell and make some good profit. molds, mats, herbs, skill books, oracles, ecc.. ull find all the items of PW in here, so look out and stick to it when u find good sales.

-then we have MATS FARMING that doesnt requires ANY fights but ull need to go along the map and collect some herbs or mats, so this obviously takes a lot of time, cuz ur not the only ones that is after mats, once u farm one it will takes like 5min to respawn and ull need a good quantity be4 getting some profit. not to mention that ull need some of those mats for ur own questin/crafting

with the mats u can craft some items thats sells very good:

-U.SUBS are worth very well and just needs 5 mats of each of the 4kind from the same level

-FBs WINE are worth very well too and with the add of BH the demand for em has raised nicely

lil tips: the 2nd wine u can craft need very low mats and sells at NPC for 10K, so is still a god profit if u take the time to farm this low mats too.

this are the common ways to make moeny. choose which suits better for ur barb and focus on that.

i prefer WA, then TT and FBs and even solo-grind for my quest to make money, ive never been into RB yet. i dont bother with AH usually and CAT-SHOP has the problem of crashing client (when i leave it on for too long and screen goes standby mode) and lagging spot. i farm mats when i can cuz with the lil time i have between dailies and stuff i almost never farm, unless i plan to do farming periods.

here are my adivce, hope it helps the poor barb out there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    "-GRIND is not a good way for a barb to make moeny cuz:

so we will be hitted more than any other class and this will raise repair bills and mana cost is high too

seeing this...
    -ull avoid AOE GRIND too, for the same reason, or even more cuz more mobs more hits"

WRONG... seriously me am wondering but... do you not have friends online? b:beatup
    Actually me also wonder, do you even have people skills? sheesh lol.
    what with all the damage dealers running around it's easy to grind for a barb...
    Just grab yourself a passing archer/wizard/veno and presto your killing 100 times faster... and the archer/wizard/veno is killing 2-5 times faster.
    means more $$, exp, and spirit for the both of you.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    I make more coin per hour AOE grinding than I do 1v1 with mobs. More experience as well. As far as mob hit rate, it's not going to vary. The mobs will still hit at whatever their default rate is whether you are AOE grinding or 1v1.

AOE grinding I can kill about 80-100 same level mobs per 45 minutes. I do OMA and JQ all the time in about 35-45 mins. Usual profit, as stated in other threads and posts is between 60 and 80K...and that's after all repairs done and drops sold.

If I can find another toon that wants to exchange buffs, I'll do it. Otherwise I fly solo and in Tiger. Frighten, Surf Impact, Sunder and Invoke the Spirit are your friends, and you need Solid Shield for your genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    WRONG... seriously me am wondering but... do you not have friends online? b:beatup

ofc i have friends b:chuckle

but i am talking about solo grind at early level (under 60)

after that lvl, thing changes...

and when i squad i never bother share drop usually, who picked keeps...and im always unlucky b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009

-RBs r good sources of XP and money JUST if u can get a full run till the end, reapir r unbelivable high but the reward r good too. same matters from TT, ull need a good squad EXPED and like 4-5hours of NON-STOP tanking, so be prepared. HP CHARM REQUIRED so ull spending money be4 even enterb:cry

Have you ever done a gamma before? I dont think any squad can actually last 4-5 hours...
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Have you ever done a gamma before? I dont think any squad can actually last 4-5 hours...

no, honestly i have never been into one yet...b:sad

i meaned is a huge time doing RB, between forming squad and stuff

but more than 3hours of effective tanking is still a lot of a time b:shockedb:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Was I lucky or something? at lvl 7x I had in my name 4m, 3 gold hp charms, and 8 beaut citrines.. never did merchanting or had an alt veno to make money... Wonder wth I did wrong to not be broke...

(everything was b4 ani packs and 500k golds, gold was at 200k max back then)
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    U all that said barbarians cant make money are completely wrong, there is no lvl90 barbarian that is broke unless hes lazy like me nd doesnt farm TT1-3, TT2-2, etc for mats to sell, with 2 runs in a TT1-3 u can make over 5mil if u do it with a squad of 4 ppl, the only thing about barbarians is that it doesnt make money like venomancers but it does make money at higher lvls...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • lilyuffie
    lilyuffie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    bawksy wrote: »
    Was I lucky or something? at lvl 7x I had in my name 4m, 3 gold hp charms, and 8 beaut citrines.. never did merchanting or had an alt veno to make money... Wonder wth I did wrong to not be broke...

(everything was b4 ani packs and 500k golds, gold was at 200k max back then)

Nah, you're not lucky. I'm 7x too, with 8.5m, 10 flawless citrines, 5 immac citrines, and had a couple of gold HP charms. I didn't use the anniversary packs, alts to supply my main, nor did I use the CS to obtain any of that ****.
    Maybe you didn't maximize your skills, and that's why you're left with a ton of money.
    I know that's why I'm rich, sort of lol. I don't have enough spirit to level anything to a decent level anyway so.. meh.
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Barb grinding for poor folks

Tiger form. Its significantly cheaper. Kills just as fast or faster as humanoid 1v1 cause of the speed of movement from mob to mob.

1. basic attack - free
    2. spark/ advanced spark - free (also gains some HP)
    3. meditate - free
    4. HP buff - costs mana lasts 30 mins
    5. str buff - costs mana lasts 30 mins

optional skills

1. sunder to get HP - costs mana (can kill nonstop with this)

if you have more money

2. alacrity to gain chi - costs mana

kill rate like this 90-130 mobs per hour

purchase the 500MP mana pots if you use mana skils. They are the best value. I make plenty grinding its not bad. Second only to TT. (not counting using boutique or boutique items to play the "market")
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    U all that said barbarians cant make money are completely wrong, there is no lvl90 barbarian that is broke unless hes lazy like me

yeah, at higher level is surely more easy to get nice profit...once u have the skill maxed, and u farm easily for moeny into TTs

what i meant is not 70k per hour, which means like

500k if u play one hour a day for one week of just grinding.

and those will go easily burned into skill (maybe 2-3 skill upgrading)

not to tell if u have to buy a charm...

btw im not saying making money is impossible is just hard and take some time and u have to focus on some method...

honestly speaking, ive never reached 1mil coin
    and my skill maxed are (if i remember well)
    BKI (10)
    T.FORM (3)
    SSI (10)
    F.REG (10)
    F.REA (10)
    INVO (1)

then

B.BAT (3)
    SOTT (6)
    A/H. MAS (7)
    ROAR (8)
    FRIG (1)
    ALAC (7)
    POISON (6)
    SUND (1 b:cry)

other humanoid skill are almost all at 1 beside STOMP, GARROTTE and SLAM which are at 2, SWING is at 6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    "-GRIND is not a good way for a barb to make moeny cuz:

seeing this...
    -ull avoid AOE GRIND too, for the same reason, or even more cuz more mobs more hits"

what with all the damage dealers running around it's easy to grind for a barb...
    Just grab yourself a passing archer/wizard/veno and presto your killing 100 times faster... and the archer/wizard/veno is killing 2-5 times faster.
    means more $$, exp, and spirit for the both of you.

not unless you split drops evenly. time and time again when I squad up - everyone gets drops but me. I end up with potions - not worth it to sell those. so what do I do?? I decline every grinding / questing invite i get.
    U all that said barbarians cant make money are completely wrong, there is no lvl90 barbarian that is broke unless hes lazy like me nd doesnt farm TT1-3, TT2-2, etc for mats to sell, with 2 runs in a TT1-3 u can make over 5mil if u do it with a squad of 4 ppl, the only thing about barbarians is that it doesnt make money like venomancers but it does make money at higher lvls...
    5 mil in two runs sounds damn greedy to me. actually, its one of the reasons I quit my last character since every day I would call out to do TT runs for the purpose of getting mats for my gear - stuff I actually needed and that the tank didn't need anymore since he already had his gear that needed it. Yet time and time again with the BS "barb first" pick system, the stuff I needed for my gear continually got snatched and sold. I don't ever intend to treat my party like that. If someone needs something for their gear - they're damn well gonna get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Yet time and time again with the BS "barb first" pick system, the stuff I needed for my gear continually got snatched and sold. I don't ever intend to treat my party like that. If someone needs something for their gear - they're damn well gonna get it.

No offense but you were in **** squads. In squads that I tank, if we're there for someone else, I'll take first pick for that person. That's the way my faction TT runs work. We'll also bank any unused mats...gold items as well. It's about teamwork and making sure that everyone gets something out of the TT run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin