Size of PK area in Room 1 of CoF?

Options
2»

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Count to 6 while running. By the time you're at 6 you'll be well outside of the PK enabled corner that really should have been fixed long ago when it was discovered but for some unknown reason has been left as is.

<- Runs FRAPS when entering cube if having an unlucky day in case people are trying to PK in the corner
  • Arrovv - Lost City
    Arrovv - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    No, what I said is, people like to pk easy, defenseless targets because it's safe and without risk (much like shooting a baby in the face with a shotgun). Which is what camping a spawn point is doing (see above). I used a simile to get the point across that it is extremely lame and cowardly.

I am sorry you were unable to understand the simile, but I hope my explaining it to you like I would my neighbors 5 year old helps you understand what It meant.

~Saitada

actually if you want to get technical, that wasn't really a simile, it was an analogy. similes usually involve like or as.
    and quit embarrassing yourself please. this is a game, people play to enjoy, whatever their playstyle. Why are PVE newbs complaining about pk when they can turn on their damn protections everywhere else? oh now there's a chance you get pk'd now in cube once in awhile, qqqqq
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    to get back to the original reason for the thread, i was just wanting to know how far i had to run before i was in the safe area of the first room, where no one can hurt me. i cant believe that PK is allowed at all in that room to begin with, but especially in that teleport corner, where someone there waiting has an unfair advantage on someone who is not yet completed the transfer. the purpose of the CoF is not another PK killing ground, but for a game, and i wish the deves or whoever would get around to closing that bleeping loophole for obsessed killers.

If you will watch your chat window, you will see "Entering Safe Zone" when you reach the safe spot - it is not very far at all actually.

And I, too, would like to see players who attack blue-named players in the Cube to earn a permanent ban.
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Barbs always try to poke at me there, I have no idea why. Just a single poke in tiger form and off they go. Either testing their attack power or a simple accident. O.o Or perhaps the barb way of saying "hey there bud ^_^"

I actually had a 6x veno go full-out on me once, judging from the long list of damage hits (I have it turned on in "general chat"). I lag quite a bit so she got a good 6k off before I could move, sutra'd and went into a safer spot. Fun thing was a wizzy in the background had decided to take advantage of her distraction and tripled sparked+ep into some crazy ultimate on her.

Having damage logged makes for an extremely easy screenshot for ticketing.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    to get back to the original reason for the thread, i was just wanting to know how far i had to run before i was in the safe area of the first room, where no one can hurt me. i cant believe that PK is allowed at all in that room to begin with, but especially in that teleport corner, where someone there waiting has an unfair advantage on someone who is not yet completed the transfer. the purpose of the CoF is not another PK killing ground, but for a game, and i wish the deves or whoever would get around to closing that bleeping loophole for obsessed killers.

Its only a few steps actually. There was some 88 mage pking people there (and a couple of my faction members) so me and some other faction ppl went there to see who it was, SS etc. Its probably only a single co-ord away. (As in, youd have to run the same distance to change the number of your co-ords to get out of the PK corner)

And lmao @ Saitada and the whole simile thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    actually if you want to get technical, that wasn't really a simile, it was an analogy. similes usually involve like or as.
    and quit embarrassing yourself please. this is a game, people play to enjoy, whatever their playstyle. Why are PVE newbs complaining about pk when they can turn on their damn protections everywhere else? oh now there's a chance you get pk'd now in cube once in awhile, qqqqq

It is 'like' or 'as'. Someone that stands and waits at a spawn point is just like someone who walks up and shoots a baby in the face. They face no risk from their target in doing so.

As for being a 'pvp newb', don't assume. I may be on a PVE server but that doesn't mean I am not experienced in PVP. I have been playing MMO's since Before they were called MMO's, and have played all levels and areas within the MMO field. Because I decided to create a character on a pve server does NOT mean I can't pvp and know nothing of pvp. Your ignorance is showing. Not to mention your age.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=simile
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simile
    http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=analogy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy
  • Epidemik - Lost City
    Epidemik - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOL. people like you shouldnt be allowed to play video games. you know your too mentally and emotionally invested in a video game when u compare pking nubs to shooting babies with a shotgun irl.. lol

QFT
    some people here really believe that PVP should just be non-moving auto attacks?

stuns are cowardice and kiting is running away? This from a lvl 65 on a pve server... (and a 94 b:shocked )

when i PVP i use everything within game (not including meta-game like force log, hacks etc) to my advantage - run, stun, pot, genie, fly, t-click, gank, call backup. as long as i'm killing them and they're not killing me... thats PVP. play to win noobs, wtf is "honor"

PS all PKers are emotionally traumatized. yes we all want to kill babies

QFT

seriously, if you take pking so serious that you compare it to an appalling action such as shooting a baby in the face with a shotgun, you need to stop playing...
    doesn't matter if its a simile ,analogy or what, there's other ways to compare it to having a easy target. I get pked ALL the time by much higher lvls,and ive rarely complained ( if i do its not to the pkers but to myself or a friend >.>)

and they reason they are saying the PVE server stuff is because the only way they can kill you there is if YOU choose to take off protections, thus it is fair game.
    It would gumdrops and lolipops if there were a sense of rules/honor to rpking.
    -Hiatus/inactive
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    QFT

QFT

seriously, if you take pking so serious that you compare it to an appalling action such as shooting a baby in the face with a shotgun, you need to stop playing...
    doesn't matter if its a simile ,analogy or what, there's other ways to compare it to having a easy target. I get pked ALL the time by much higher lvls,and ive rarely complained ( if i do its not to the pkers but to myself or a friend >.>)

and they reason they are saying the PVE server stuff is because the only way they can kill you there is if YOU choose to take off protections, thus it is fair game.
    It would gumdrops and lolipops if there were a sense of rules/honor to rpking.

Assuming someone doesn't pvp because they are playing on a pve server in 'this' particular game, just shows utter ignorance. Guess what.. PWI isn't the only mmo out there and *gasps* it's not even the BEST MMO out there.

I play a PVP based game where the only safe place you have is to stay docked up. Everywhere else you're fair game to be ganked, ganged up on etc at any time, by any one, for any reason, or no reason at all. From day ONE! That is right, the day you start playing it, your in a full on PVP environment. At any time, you can be taken out and there are REAL consequences to getting taken out.. you LOSE everything you had when you got attacked (everything dude, not just an occasional item)

I come here when I want a little break from PVP and don't want to have to pay constant attention to my location to prevent myself from getting ganked. So making an ASSumption that someone must be a PVP newb based on the server they are on, is total ignorance and stupidity.

Now on to why I used the example I did about shooting a baby in the face.. because it is SHOCKING! It got your attention! It made you go OMG WTF!?!

Yeah over the top but accurate none the less. People camping at a spawn point are pathetic. They are looking for fat, fast, easy kills without any risk to themselves and as far as I am concerned, are losers. So if you don't like my opinion, too bad, I gave it anyway so get over it cupcake!

~Saitada
  • Epidemik - Lost City
    Epidemik - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Assuming someone doesn't pvp because they are playing on a pve server in 'this' particular game, just shows utter ignorance. Guess what.. PWI isn't the only mmo out there and *gasps* it's not even the BEST MMO out there.

I play a PVP based game where the only safe place you have is to stay docked up. Everywhere else you're fair game to be ganked, ganged up on etc at any time, by any one, for any reason, or no reason at all. From day ONE! That is right, the day you start playing it, your in a full on PVP environment. At any time, you can be taken out and there are REAL consequences to getting taken out.. you LOSE everything you had when you got attacked (everything dude, not just an occasional item)

I come here when I want a little break from PVP and don't want to have to pay constant attention to my location to prevent myself from getting ganked. So making an ASSumption that someone must be a PVP newb based on the server they are on, is total ignorance and stupidity.

Now on to why I used the example I did about shooting a baby in the face.. because it is SHOCKING! It got your attention! It made you go OMG WTF!?!

Yeah over the top but accurate none the less. People camping at a spawn point are pathetic. They are looking for fat, fast, easy kills without any real risk to themselves and as far as I am concerned, are losers. So if you don't like my opinion, too bad, I gave it anyway so get over it cupcake!

~Saitada
    i never said anything about anyone a pve server not knowing how to pvp, what i said was that you make the choice to pvp. I also never said anything about he cube pking either which is more like mehh to me, since its bannable. I was picking at the point that you brought up and generalized pkers as a whole to be seem like ruthless psychopathic killers.
    Which they are by all means not b:shocked Not all pkers pick on lower lvls, but if they do so what, doesnt make them comparable to baby killers.

and yea, its your opinion, im fine with that, but you cant expect everyone to agree with your opinion.

and...im not a cupcake!! b:sad
    -Hiatus/inactive
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i never said anything about anyone a pve server not knowing how to pvp, what i said was that you make the choice to pvp. I also never said anything about he cube pking either which is more like mehh to me, since its bannable. I was picking at the point that you brought up and generalized pkers as a whole to be seem like ruthless psychopathic killers.
    Which they are by all means not b:shocked Not all pkers pick on lower lvls, but if they do so what, doesnt make them comparable to baby killers.

and yea, its your opinion, im fine with that, but you cant expect everyone to agree with your opinion.

and...im not a cupcake!! b:sad

No I said someone that camps a spawn point like that... is like someone that would do that to a baby. They are camping a spawn point, that removes all but the smallest amount of risk to themselves. (a baby has no way of defending themselves from someone that would shoot them).

The entire post was designed to point out how utterly pathetic that type of behavior is, by comparing it to another, even more pathetic behavior that is equally full of cowardice, if not significantly more abhorrent.

And you are a cupcake. Sweet, and covered with frosting. b:kiss

~Saitada
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I still find it funny.

How some of the more boistrous PvE players.

Call us PvP players barbaric/immature/sociopathic etc.

Yet, they're the ones with the problem.

And the PvP servers haven't had that problem.

Since like 2 weeks after that was discovered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I still find it funny.

How some of the more boistrous PvE players.

Call us PvP players barbaric/immature/sociopathic etc.

And the PvP servers haven't had that problem.

Since like 2 weeks after that was discovered.
    I still find it funny.

How some of the more boistrous PvP players.

Call us PvE players weak/fearful/childish etc.

And the PvE servers haven't had that problem.

Since like 2 weeks after the game started.

(The reality on the other hand is... we all think we are better than the other when the truth is, we all suck)
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I like.

How I never said.

Any of those things.

About PvE players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sarcasm.. you missed it.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sarcasm is so hard to catch online D:

Especially when you're comparing CoF PK'ers.

To shotgun-wielding babykillers ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sarcasm is so hard to catch online D:

Especially when you're comparing CoF PK'ers.

To shotgun-wielding babykillers ._.

lol yeah a lot of people missed it.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I had tunnel-vision for the shotgun.

My b.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not at all. That's how pkers work. Why do you think they gank? Why do you think they stun? They want easy targets that can't fight back.

-.-'
    Zoe me find you to be ignorant and offensive as me am in a PvP server.
    Also are you saying that every BM in every server (even PvE servers) in perfect world is like that? "easy kill no risk"? Because they can stun?
    QQ less and learn to play please. Everyone in PvP servers don't go around ganking 24/7.
    In fact, based on some of the QQ threads by PvE players, me think in some respects the peope in PvP servers are friendlier then their PvE counterparts.
    b:thanks

also I've never been pked in room 1 of CoF. Must be a PvE server thing. (o.o)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I had a barb try to pk my barb there. Problem is he only hit me for 20 damage so I just ignored him.

I had the same thing happen to me...he hit me a couple of times and then ran off. Twas quite funny, especially how he blacklisted me after he called me a "noob." LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lets just make something clear to future readers:

this is about killing people when they've entered cube. why it's unfair: because you're being killed while your screen is loading, so you can't fight back or see. that's what this is about. Saitada compared killing people standing at room one as killing babies. Saitada is not calling pvpers barbaric or baby killers or anything like that.

then Zoe's
    Not at all. That's how pkers work. Why do you think they gank? Why do you think they stun? They want easy targets that can't fight back.

probably incited some pvp server inhabitants' responses, but they shouldn't be directed at Saitada

bottom line is on carebear land (i can't speak for un-carebear lands b:surrender) you can get banned for killing people in room 1, let's just leave it at that.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wait a second let me get this right... Saitada kills babies!? b:shocked

Using the cube as a 'free' teleport to Arch has always seemed like an exploit to me. Those who use the cube for its intended purpose know there are quite a few rooms in the cube that are pvp enabled and some that require pvp. There is no real cost of being PKd in room 1 aside from a charm tick (if you have one equipped) and being teleported closer to the exit so there isn't all that much to get worked up about.

Really with GAs becoming prohibitively expensive people may be looking more at the free pk areas for alternatives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ^

Aaastypoooo~ when are you taking me to Warsong? :3
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ^

Aaastypoooo~ when are you taking me to Warsong? :3
    GTF to lv 90+ and stop dilly dally on your alts D;<
    ...and get me some delta while your at it :3

As for the thread, personally havnt seen any pking there in the past few months. Call it carebear-ness or etiquette or following-the-rules, never had a problem there. Altho i did whack someone once, when i tried to click forward once i warped and we were all stacked on each other. Had to use the keyboard to move myself forward, which could be why some pple get hit once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan