Tackling Nix's

Kniraven - Lost City
Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Blademaster
Alright folks, I seriously need some pro advice. I would prefer I get it from people who are my level or higher.

Here's the question:

What do you think is the best way to tacke a Veno with a nix?

HA Veno?
LA Veno?
AA Veno?

So far my strategy has been:
1. Go, "AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" and then hit cauterize to stop bleed. Then I will'o'Bodhi and run away for a bit.

2. Nix follows me, I stun it when it is a bit away, then Run like mad toward the veno.

3. Try to DPS the hell out of the veno before Nix returns.

Sadly, this works for me only about 50% the timeb:sad I need a better Nix strategy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kniraven - Lost City on

Comments

• RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    u want a 100% chance of survival?
    run and never look backb:surrender

if you wanna live hardcore and fight, then on AA
    true emptiness > drake bash > whatever skill you got for DD ( iam using farstrike)

LA:
    phys marrow+balance > roar > cleave > fissure > sweep > aeolian blade on nix then finish off with cleave.

HA:
    no
    ****ing
    idea
    b:cry

yes iam a few lvls low than youb:angry not much thoughb:victory

EDIT: just remembered you where using swords -.- forget everything above....
    another edit:the skill paterns is for air to air fights. guessing that most BMs easily can kill a veno on ground.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    u want a 100% chance of survival?
    run and never look backb:surrender

if you wanna live hardcore and fight, then on AA
    true emptiness > drake bash > whatever skill you got for DD ( iam using farstrike)

LA:
    phys marrow+balance > roar > cleave > fissure > sweep > aeolian blade on nix then finish off with cleave.

HA:
    no
    ****ing
    idea
    b:cry

yes iam a few lvls low than youb:angry not much thoughb:victory

EDIT: just remembered you where using swords -.- forget everything above....

I use all weapons dude.
    It's just that my swords skills are all maxed and the others are around level 3 to 5 and I haven't leveled the masterys very high.

HA I tend to use explosion on, and DPS with fist after I stun. It's probably the only time I actually use the fist ulti.

Thankyou for the suggestions. i'll try them out and see if they are more effective for me than my current strategy.

P.S. BTW I friggen LOVE my dex build when the nix's miss.=D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009

P.S. BTW I friggen LOVE my dex build when the nix's miss.=D

yea that is funb:chuckle the only times i get to laugh at themb:surrender
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yadda yadda
    SRSLY, WHA-

It's no rocket science, really: get close, roar and start aoeing (dragon if you got sparks then cleave>fissure>sweep), possibly throwing a cauterize and poison. At this point either you're dead and rage, he's dead and QQs, or the nix is dead and he runs.

On a sidenote, bleed really becomes less of a hassle at higher levels, to the point that now i use demon bash instead of roar, for the 1.5secs longer stun on the veno.

Cheers.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    SRSLY, WHA-

It's no rocket science, really: get close, roar and start aoeing (dragon if you got sparks then cleave>fissure>sweep), possibly throwing a cauterize and poison. At this point either you're dead and rage, he's dead and QQs, or the nix is dead and he runs.

On a sidenote, bleed really becomes less of a hassle at higher levels, to the point that now i use demon bash instead of roar, for the 1.5secs longer stun on the veno.

Cheers.

Yeah, I hear a lot that at 9x the Nix becomes less of a hassle. I can't wait if thats the case.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    For AA and LA, take the fight to the air. I know that might sounds stupid, but... Roar, Atmos or 2 quick attacks, Dragons, True Emptiness (VIT and STR build genie). Unless the Veno has Hood on or have over 9k HP, s/he should be dead.

HA, ruuuuunnnn. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:chuckle Oh, you guys are funny. If you are charmed or not, if the veno knows what they're doing, they'll drop your bum before you can drop them. However, I would suggest ToP. I know it's been "nerfed" but I still find it annoying. It maximizes your HP and recovers a percentage of it. That can save your bum or just draw your death out a little more.

Nix - you can kite if you want. If you get around to killing it and the Veno doesn't run. They are probably pulling out another pet (this is a 3-6 second window of vulnerability). If they're not summoning a pet and are trying to ress, that is decidedly nubby of them. ~Or, run into a hill. The nix will get stuck in the ground and just squeak at you. To which the Veno can call it back to his/her side to come at you again.

Hood - stun lock if you can and try to get the pet in the aoe stun if you can. That is at least - what? - 7-8 seconds that the veno and the pet are out of comission. Yes, avoid hitting at all costs. You will gut yourself. It will hurt. It lasts 15 seconds. If the veno has a back up plan for when this ends, you might still be screwed. (Demon Bramble 75% deflect, lasts 15 minutes. b:victory)

As for the 9x and facing nixes, that's where the real skill comes in. The nix just helps out and if you're facing a pretty good veno, they have experience and use their pet like a tool. (Lob it at your head and hope to knock you out... kidding of course.) A pet is like an extra skill, especially the nix with stun and bleed. A lot can happen the 3 seconds pounce stuns you.
    edited October 2009
    <Removed b:surrender>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    -Also Removed-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    b:sad Please don't let my honest to goodness learning oriented thread turn to flames and a play by play PvP argument.

He is right though.
    Hood doesn't reflect any damage in PvP. It only does so in duels.

Sorry. b:surrender

Do take the fight in air and let True Emptiness pwn before you get pwned tho. O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i know im 11 lelvel lower but ill throw in my peiceb:bye

(edit: this is important if the veno is a fox form wait till she's purged you to use sparks/positive buffs otherwise the'll be gona wasted and dead)

if veno trys to kites with nix just best think to do is just walk away but if your crazy and dont mind losing once in a while throw on alter maq and concentrate on nuking the veno chase her down Rotp this will take her and pet out for a few secs if hood is on stunlock the nix and nom some hp food this + your charm will keep the veno fro gettin ya once hood fades chase her down Rotp again and nuke her it helps to knock the pet away with atmos/meteor rush whenever it tryes to aoe if you can

against the ones who stand and fight:

if their LA (fox or human fox is a little trickier cause she'll purify you or amp probly both): if in human Rotp nuke her while stuning/knocking nix back

if heavy well if you have fists this is your moment to actually use your ultimate rotp set off your ulti and the veno will be dead before stun wears off i keep my fist ulti maxed just for this. the veno...ooooh a b easy pickins 5 secs later OH GOD WHY DOES PAIN HURT SO MUCH QQb:chuckle even better if you carry spark appoth pots just chain a hf into drakes breath bash

if not concentrate on the nix while using your aoes to keep the veno under a little pressure veno will probobly back out of your range and go human to heal at this point knock nix in oposite direction close FAST (leaps are good here) stunlock hit with everything you have(i recomend HF + Tstorm or HF + true emptyness in the air) and pray a little if they go human and hood just continue hackin nix apart till hood dies (or nix does) and do the same

NEVER attack into a hood in duels dont care if your a full vit axe who somehow has 10k + hp dont do it her maq + nix + hood = dead bmb:shocked

in pk i say dun do it cause with that deffence + its just a waste of time
    and attacking nix will force veno to waste time healing it

(edit i do love the ha veno fear shown here lol)

as always if im wrong just let me know folks
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    PvP - Veno will own you fast if they know what they're doing or vice versa. :) It's all skill (and some luck). And yeah, sorry, I keep forgetting that reflect gets nerfed in real PvP. That's dumb, why have the skill if it won't work in all instances, in my opinion.

AA - stun a lot and rip them apart. With hood on and if they're Vit/Mag build, they'll be harder to kill quickly.

LA - balanced and generally have higher hp than Vit/Mag AA build venos. Have fun.

HA - best melee def with higher eva and if they're built right they have decent magic attack. b:chuckle Good luck.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Just triple spark and ninja her from above..... hey its PK if you want fair duel b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    ya....cause any good pker soooo dosent check nearby green dots on minimap for red name >< facepalm

also this is a thread on how to fight them not how to gank em lol

getting the jump on anyone in pk is a huge advantage but you should never count on it
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Alright folks, I seriously need some pro advice. I would prefer I get it from people who are my level or higher.

Here's the question:

What do you think is the best way to tacke a Veno with a nix?

HA Veno?
    LA Veno?
    AA Veno?

1. Go, "AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" and then hit cauterize to stop bleed. Then I will'o'Bodhi and run away for a bit.

2. Nix follows me, I stun it when it is a bit away, then Run like mad toward the veno.

3. Try to DPS the hell out of the veno before Nix returns.

Sadly, this works for me only about 50% the timeb:sad I need a better Nix strategy.

just ignore nix it cant do ANYTHING to u except stun. set boddhi, magic mirror, and let the veno die in stunlock. if the veno is HA use tangling mire(str genie), if u want to go for 100% and easy way dragon + true emptiness(works on HA too if not on full health, and tanglined, like tangling drake(or aoe stun), dragon, highland (if u used aoe stun than smack), and press true emptiness at the same time with aelian blade(drakes ray) ). if ur dragon didnt miss that will kill enarly any veno.

most important, ignore the nix it cant do real dmg to u
    Just triple spark and ninja her from above..... hey its PK if you want fair duel b:victory

U NEVER TRIPLE SPARK AS BM, AT LEAST NEARLY NEVER
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    just ignore nix it cant do ANYTHING to u except stun. set boddhi, magic mirror, and let the veno die in stunlock. if the veno is HA use tangling mire(str genie), if u want to go for 100% and easy way dragon + true emptiness(works on HA too if not on full health, and tanglined, like tangling drake(or aoe stun), dragon, highland (if u used aoe stun than smack), and press true emptiness at the same time with aelian blade(drakes ray) ). if ur dragon didnt miss that will kill enarly any veno.

Stacked Bleed kills me....
    and I usually use WoB to prevent stun.
    I can fight non-nix venos easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    lol how much have you spend on armor/gear hippie?

ya nix hurts otherwise why would every pk veno out there swear by them?

look at their forum no this is best no this is best arguments...nix trumps all pvp pets in terms of sheer damage

thats not saying it should be feared with good tactics you can win easy but if you ignore that burn bird completely your toast
    edited October 2009

look at their forum no this is best no this is best arguments...nix trumps all pvp pets in terms of sheer damage

thats not saying it should be feared with good tactics you can win easy but if you ignore that burn bird completely your toast

LOL @ your sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2009

i am a non cash shopper i got all i have ingame. i dotn have any event stuff or high refines. nix hurts but not the godd.amn HA users lol. or are u arcane bm?

i ignore it and i am rarely the toast... how much does a nix of ur level tick on u? 300? 400? 3 times in 9 seconds. thats a single shot from any decent veno on u
    Stacked Bleed kills me....
    and I usually use WoB to prevent stun.
    I can fight non-nix venos easily.

nix bleed cant stack unless its more than one veno lol. the cooldown is longer than the dmg over time

thats maybe becouse non nix venos arent that good at pvp, respect for the exception
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    my armors a little weird i run LA chest and legs with heavy wrists and boots have 6k phys resist self buffed and about 3.5k maq resist w/o my marrows

all weapon bm so my hp is abysmal even with a full +2 set and 3-4 socket armor filled with flawless hp's i only have 3.7k unbuffed no vit at all just 3:2 every lvl

nix hits for 200-400 to 400-500 depending on how well leveled the veno has it but real damage comes from stacked bleeds and the stun is bothersome also what are those full mag venos hittin u for that much...i mean 10k damage from 1 shot? veno hits me about as hard as burn bird but bleed hurts
    and stun is anoying

also these are my tactics against all venos they seem to be working so far nix is just another pet lol

lol if those are good stats let me know but no i will not go full heavy

i love heavy venos most spend suuuuu mch hopin to **** mele then drakes breath gets em ya its still dam funny

as always if im wrong let me know without flames and ill thank yab:bye
  • ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Not sure about "cant do real dmg to you " part but yeah ingore the nix... its a question of numbers.. veno + nix = 2 v 1 .... kill the nix and veno is still smacking you upside the head ... kill the veno and nix dies aswell.. so you decide which is the best option
  • Beatrixxx - Lost City
    Beatrixxx - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i agree with zerhees tactics... mostly when u fight veno with nix itll happen like this....

..... NIX comes out of nowhere atks u veno is somewhere behind u....

take pot as soon as u can to stay alive through the bleed and venos initial atk
    if u havent died at this point u have good chances of winning
    run to veno (nix will follow) roar for stun of both dragon if possibe then just aoes most times nix will die before the veno and since all pvp venos carry dolls killing the nix is worse then actually killing her... many will run or take to air u can follow if u want but i mostly just fire drakes ray- fist 79 skill bolt of tyserius and end with smack then most of them are dead

edit: oh and if u have bramble rage genie fire that after the dragon for an extra good aoe (3-4k on both nix and veno in my case if i dragoned first)
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Yes, we get a little vicious in the order the pets go for PvP.

Nix is No.1 all the time. It's a requirement for most TW factions as well.

In my opinion, the Kowlin cuts in at second place. It's fast. It has L4 Fleshream right off the bat. It comes with Physical and Magical defense debuffs. It can keep up with any BM no matter what sprints you use. Sadly, it's just as squishy as a BM. b:sad It's still one of my favorite land pets.

Herc fails as a PvP pet. It's slow and if the player facing the veno knows better, they won't hit it. It has high HP and good defenses. It does hit kinda hard, but a BM won't need to worry about that. I'd shake my head and laugh if a veno tried to use this in PK. (I tested it in duel.) It's my favorite grinding pet though.

b:victory Not many pets that are good for PvP anyway.

Yes, it's best to head for the Veno. If you can slow up the Nix any as well, dandy. Stun it and gun it for the veno or try to get it stuck in a hill or bump in the ground. It generally takes a couple seconds for the veno to get it turned around to go at you again and by then you could be ripping her apart. Unless she's pretty damn good, then you might still be screwed. If she's a true squishy it will only take a few hits for her to go down.
  • Mkhan - Heavens Tear
    Mkhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    True Emptiness is the ultimate bane for nixes. Use it on them and you'll see more than half their life go down, and if u have a dedicated vit/str based genie, then it's a one shot.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    as a pole bm, just ignore the nix and spam your poleskills+aeolian on the veno...

i can't wait until i'm 80+ and beef up my poleweap path..
    dragon->fissure->cleave->switch to pole->sprint->aeolian->meteor->farstrike->chipot->glacial

bad enough... but with demon dragon.. **** b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    only class i've ever had issues with as a bm is a barb lol

and only a charmed barb at that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Not all venos will drop in a stunlock combo. If it misses you're screwed. Even if you get your stuns off, you might not be able to drop the veno before the stun is gone and you've gotten another off on them. Don't be so cocky. Some venos are built better than BMs and can drop you faster than you can them.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1v1 an arcane veno is no match for a bm...
    As a pole BM I start with Will, run to veno, roar double spark, far strike, meteor rush (pushes pet away) , aeolian blade, drake sweep, when veno runs use farstrike/drakes ray. If the veno is not dead
    a) you are very unlucky cause you missed so much
    b) the veno has tons of HP (very unlikely before 90+, and even then..)
    c) you didnt look good and veno is LA or HA
    d) you just fail and haven't lvled ur skills or something.

I mean, rly, the veno cant kill you in the time you are running to her with will on, and when you just double sparked, a few skills is all it takes. When you crit it's over in no time. Veno's (and casters in general) are a pain in group PvP (TW). That's when you must fear them.

Oh, and the nix, you can stun it as well you know. Plus the dmg from bleed isnt that much... C'mon, BM's afraid of a nix?? Dont be rediculous....
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If the bm and veno are the same lvl than that nix would take a pretty nice chuck out of ur hp even if u are heavy armor unless u alter marrow phy but than take a bigger chuck of damage from the magic nuking.
    Im not sure for arcane venos but Bms fall pretty fast. Well the ones my lvl do.
    I send nix and hit the bm with about 1-2 magic attacks than they die.
    If they have a charm, its still pretty easy.
    My fox form also give me close to HA phy def also and with my soul transfusion, metabolic boost and soon (i hope) bramble hood, its a hard combo to beat cuz i never die from a stunlock.
    plus that 70% less accuarcy from befuddling mist maxed is super sexy :D

And i think if its a dragged out pk most ppl will start fighting in the air. Am i wrong?
    So ur speed skills wont help. But i could be wrong cuz i am a lvl 5x noobie XD.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If the bm and veno are the same lvl than that nix would take a pretty nice chuck out of ur hp even if u are heavy armor unless u alter marrow phy but than take a bigger chuck of damage from the magic nuking.
    Im not sure for arcane venos but Bms fall pretty fast. Well the ones my lvl do.
    I send nix and hit the bm with about 1-2 magic attacks than they die.
    If they have a charm, its still pretty easy.
    My fox form also give me close to HA phy def also and with my soul transfusion, metabolic boost and soon (i hope) bramble hood, its a hard combo to beat cuz i never die from a stunlock.
    plus that 70% less accuarcy from befuddling mist maxed is super sexy :D

And i think if its a dragged out pk most ppl will start fighting in the air. Am i wrong?
    So ur speed skills wont help. But i could be wrong cuz i am a lvl 5x noobie XD.

Arcane Veno going into the air is a bad idea... dragon+True Emptiness= 8k damage