Size of PK area in Room 1 of CoF?

FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
has anyone determined how large that section of the room actually is? im paranoid about going through there, wondering if some PK crazed idiot is going to jump me when i go through to archo, and i put on my running shoes soon as i hit the ground in there.

if that is a glitch, why the hell hasnt it been fixed? people have the whole bloody world to kill each other in, why do they have to camp on that one spot? such tiny minds, to take such worthless pleasure. i suppose they spend time IRL doing things like shooting fish in barrels.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
"Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
Playing here since '08b:heart
Post edited by FoxRunning - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I suppose they spend time IRL doing things like shooting fish in barrels.....

More likely they spend the day walking up to baby cribs with shotguns and shooting babies in the face. Amounts to about the same thing. Easy kill, no risk.

~Saitada
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    More likely they spend the day walking up to baby cribs with shotguns and shooting babies in the face. Amounts to about the same thing. Easy kill, no risk.

~Saitada

Wow over exaggeration much ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Not at all. That's how pkers work. Why do you think they gank? Why do you think they stun? They want easy targets that can't fight back.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not at all. That's how pkers work. Why do you think they gank? Why do you think they stun? They want easy targets that can't fight back.

Generalization... That's how the pk'ers on the pvp boards work, but not how all do... If I actually wanna pvp (not often, but sometimes) I'll go somewhere with people OF MY LEVEL with a doll and try to beat them. It's a lot more fun in a battle that requires skill than just oneshotting some defenseless person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    On topic: It's fairly small. I'm less than a quarter of the way across the room before I get the "Entering Safe Zone" message, and we all know it lags behind a bit in giving that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the space is tiny, but they do it mainly because as soon as u hit the button on the outside ur char is in side floating waiting for it to load, so they can hit u all u want while u float there for a few secs. some ppl are dead before they get in. But if i know there is pk going on, its Bramble Hood ftw! generaly they are lower lvl players sometimes higher into 80s and 90s but not too often, and on our server u hear ppl warning on WC before you go in. u dont really lose anything besides charm ticks if u do get hit. But thats exactly why these ppl say its ok. "Nothing bad happens to you"
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    No, I don't.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wait, ganking is as much fun as shooting babies?

****, I'll BRB. Ganking, you know.
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    mmm isn't it just the first few steps in?
    it's also not a pk area, I believe, as pking in room one is Bannable.
  • Rishi - Harshlands
    Rishi - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Is this actually a problem??? I have never been PKed in room 1...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I had a barb try to pk my barb there. Problem is he only hit me for 20 damage so I just ignored him.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've never seen anyone PK in Room 1 so far. Maybe when the spot was first discovered, but meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    People still do that o.O

I like how just because people like to PvP.

That makes us babykillers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i like how this Zoe character believes that stunning is cowardice

please elaborate b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Nitta - Lost City
    Nitta - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've been pked many times there, especially by Wizards. It doesn't really bother me but I still don't understand the point of it.

One thing I've noticed tho is last time, I respawned immediatly in the Cube after being killed and I didnt lost any doll.. maybe they fixed it.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i like how this Zoe character believes that stunning is cowardice

please elaborate b:chuckle

You stun because you are AFRAID of getting hit. You FEAR a target that can fight back.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    or you can argue that you stun to keep a target from running away. keep it in ******n place so you can hit it, or are you about to argue that anyone who kites are cowards too?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    thank you! i was wondering if anyone was going to answer my question! i've been shot at enough times that i go in prepared for anything, and never know how far it will be till i am safe....

On topic: It's fairly small. I'm less than a quarter of the way across the room before I get the "Entering Safe Zone" message, and we all know it lags behind a bit in giving that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Vinvagrant - Heavens Tear
    Vinvagrant - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In CoF, is bannable if pking in the entry of room 1 because is a glitch, yet you will be ok once you run in the safe zone. If someone pking you in room 1, just take a screenshot and submit ticket and have him/her ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i used to pk with my friends in that corner -shrugs-

don't see a problem with it as long as you stay in the far corner away from where people run thru (keeping the aoe's away from hapless victims lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    or you can argue that you stun to keep a target from running away. keep it in ******n place so you can hit it, or are you about to argue that anyone who kites are cowards too?

It's not kiting. It's running away.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Sorry nop. Not the same thing.
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dont listen to zoe, shes on of the idiots that give PvE servers a bad name in terms of pk. her idiocy has no bounds.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009

~Saitada

LOL. people like you shouldnt be allowed to play video games. you know your too mentally and emotionally invested in a video game when u compare pking nubs to shooting babies with a shotgun irl.. lol

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aznchristmas - Harshlands
    Aznchristmas - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    some people here really believe that PVP should just be non-moving auto attacks?

stuns are cowardice and kiting is running away? This from a lvl 65 on a pve server... (and a 94 b:shocked )

when i PVP i use everything within game (not including meta-game like force log, hacks etc) to my advantage - run, stun, pot, genie, fly, t-click, gank, call backup. as long as i'm killing them and they're not killing me... thats PVP. play to win noobs, wtf is "honor"

PS all PKers are emotionally traumatized. yes we all want to kill babies
    edited October 2009
    some people here really believe that PVP should just be non-moving auto attacks?

stuns are cowardice and kiting is running away? This from a lvl 65 on a pve server... (and a 94 b:shocked )

when i PVP i use everything within game (not including meta-game like force log, hacks etc) to my advantage - run, stun, pot, genie, fly, t-click, gank, call backup. as long as i'm killing them and they're not killing me... thats PVP. play to win noobs, wtf is "honor"

quoted for freaking truth.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009

PS all PKers are emotionally traumatized. yes we all want to kill babies
    They are too used to RS
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Kiting is when you move for a advantage for you. Like when a mage blinks to avoid melees so they wont be smushed. Running away is holy pathing to the nearest safe zone and staying there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    LOL. people like you shouldnt be allowed to play video games. you know your too mentally and emotionally invested in a video game when u compare pking nubs to shooting babies with a shotgun irl.. lol

No, what I said is, people like to pk easy, defenseless targets because it's safe and without risk (much like shooting a baby in the face with a shotgun). Which is what camping a spawn point is doing (see above). I used a simile to get the point across that it is extremely lame and cowardly.

I am sorry you were unable to understand the simile, but I hope my explaining it to you like I would my neighbors 5 year old helps you understand what It meant.

~Saitada
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    to get back to the original reason for the thread, i was just wanting to know how far i had to run before i was in the safe area of the first room, where no one can hurt me. i cant believe that PK is allowed at all in that room to begin with, but especially in that teleport corner, where someone there waiting has an unfair advantage on someone who is not yet completed the transfer. the purpose of the CoF is not another PK killing ground, but for a game, and i wish the deves or whoever would get around to closing that bleeping loophole for obsessed killers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"