post your qualms about gear shatter

Options
Sherekahn - Lost City
Sherekahn - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
sorry to drag this out of another topic but i haven't been on the forums for awhile & it was already almost 20 pages long plus a gm once told me u shuldn't post in topics that seem dead... so here's a new topic to rant on
(original topic = http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365121)
picking up from where it left off~
What is it you pkers say when you grief other players?
"It's the pvp server, get over it."
Well, same to you right back about the shatter system. It's funny how you say anyone that complains about dying is QQing yet you QQ like no tomorrow when you suddenly have to start using angels again yet you don't complain about your own crying?
Bunch of hypocrites.

it's great to get another pk opinion from heaven's tear thrown into the mix

i never used dolls, or charms for that matter. i hated the idea of having to paying 30cents or whatever for each time i die considering i die a lot. i pk aplenty and i don't ever qq or bash ppl that qq when i kill them, in fact i (99.999% of the time) give ppl their drops back to them - i just pk because IT'S FUN ffs, it's the only fun part of the game imo. killing computers is just too dam easy. so plz don't lump all pkrs into the evilness category

furthermore i fit into that poor demographic of players that wasted USD on bind charms pre-patch to be on somewhat of an equal level as the vitality-build & veno pkrs that hoard GAs & nvr rly seem to need em since they nvr die anyways. where's my pay off? they buy 1 GA and nvr use it, kill me (with my bound gear) and i drop 6-10 mirages (my gear has shattered now on 6 seperate occassions, one of which when i was minding my own business on my way to fb and a veno glitch-bled me before i had any idea what's going on) then have to pay 8-12 each time to fix it. my supply stash mirages are gonna be gone very soon!! and if i do somehow manage to kill the person with GA, what do i stand to gain? nothing as usual

besides why do whitenamers/carebears hate pkrs in the first place? srysly, we get WAY more flak from having pk'd you than you do from just dying. we're the ones that have to deal with going rednamed afterall, and you're the ones that can come back from sz after and reap the benefits

~~~

now back to the main topic. i'm quite certain gear shatter is ruining the game. glitch-bleed was bad enough but now paired with this.... it's ridiculous

i'm gonna wait on talking anymore for now. i pretty much agree with what was being said in the other topic i just didn't want to revive it for fear of getting scolded by gms, but i'm on the verge of quitting now anyways so whatever b:bye
Post edited by Sherekahn - Lost City on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It takes 0 skill to attack someone from behind when they are low on hp or lower level than yourself. That's all pkers do. They ARE all evil.

The only fun that could possibly come from that is knowing that you are harassing other players.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It takes 0 skill to attack someone from behind when they are low on hp or lower level than yourself. That's all pkers do. They ARE all evil.

The only fun that could possibly come from that is knowing that you are harassing other players.

just a warning to anyone who doesn't pay a lot of attention to these boards:

dont reply to this ^
  • ydodo
    ydodo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Gear shatter rate/cost is set way too low. Care-free rpk is still running wild. FAIL
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    besides why do whitenamers/carebears hate pkrs in the first place? srysly, we get WAY more flak from having pk'd you than you do from just dying. we're the ones that have to deal with going rednamed afterall, and you're the ones that can come back from sz after and reap the benefits

~~~

now back to the main topic. i'm quite certain gear shatter is ruining the game.

I personally don't really care if I get PKed, I just lol all the time at being ganked. But others sometimes want to enjoy PvE aspects of the game, minding their own business and they get killed. While I do agree that sometimes we want to be left alone or whatever, a person on a PvP server should expect to be killed at any time they're out of safe. There shouldn't be "[curse word here], [name] killed me!" Those who knew they were going on PvP should be expecting it.

As for gear shattering, it just adds a new twist. I see it as another penalty system, and a risk factor for going red. Even if it doesn't cost much to repair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherekahn - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    even attacking someone from behind takes some skill (ppl can usually c on their minimap someone is sneaking up on them), unless you just happened upon the opportunity... but then again luck/skill same difference. i look at this game like a ginormous versus mode. like MvC2 the mmo. the only real lack of pvp skill comes in when someone who knows they're a top lvl'r on the server goes around hunting ppl that obviously aren't, in which case only the high-lvl lowby-pkrs are evil, not all pkrs, and even then one could still say the high-lvl pkr is skilled considering it must have took some skill for them to get to that lvl

but come on talk about shatter. we can talk about the ethics of pk all you want. how do you justify shatter? it wasn't necessary for more penalties to be implemented upon rednamers, they could already drop their gear

and the rate&cost of shatter is wicked high if you like running around with a redname all the time and getting hunted
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    me agree killing computers takes no skills. They don't think after all. X_x'
    which is why me think and know PvE is boring as heck.
    DX
    If me wanted mindless grinding for pixels me would be back playing teh "pokemon" or some other single player game hmm mayhaps one with a good storyline like the FF series again. (o.O)'

also whats so bad about getting gear shattered? think of the $$ you save by binding instead of carrying Guardian scrolls all the time lols.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherekahn - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    think of the $$ you save by binding instead of carrying Guardian scrolls all the time.

it's actually quite the opposite i think. nowadays it's (probably) more cost-effective to just buy the GAs rather than to bind & repair shatters. GA prevents shatter & prevents drop, bind only prevents drop :/
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I personally am not yet all that interested in PKing whitenames for no reason(and at my current level thats not much a concern anyway, lol), but i've done it in other games... and all i can say is don't knock it till ya try it, it is something that's fun to do when you're bored....

To keep within the spirit of fun though, I try not to grief(single out one person and keep killing them), i kill someone and move onto the next guy.

The skill part comes in being able to escape retribution and make it back to town in one piece while rednamed.... many games have guards that will kill you if they see you rednamed, and you have to figure out a way to get around them or chance being caught and going to jail.... another challenge is in hunting out people of equal or higher level and sucessfully killing them.... don't assume that because PKers are killing low levels that they are not also targeting higher levels, any PKer worth his salt will attack anything in his path reguardless of how strong, and if they find that they can not kill them, run to fight another day..... it's kinda like a game of cat and mouse, or cops and robbers, cowboys and indians......... sometime's it's just fun to be the bad guy
  • Ryuske - Dreamweaver
    Ryuske - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    acctually try going rednamed then walking into arch or etherblade the guards do kill youb:shocked
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

You obviously don't know what being a real PK means.. You go and seek conflict for the thrill if they are near the same level as you are, as a former pk on many games I only attacked people I knew where near my level and I never attacked them with low HP. It's more fun when they are at full HP.

But as far as your evil accusations go ; humans are far from being good no matter what they try to believe. Just because you don't pk doesn't make you more holy than them, for people are not holy and never will be.

About Zoe - Heavens Tear

Biography
    Played a ton of mmos as a big pker. Too many morons around so I stopped doing that.

Kinda funny you put that on your profile and to top it off your pathetic signature.. What's wrong with you lol.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I got sick of morons like you that can't win a fight without ganking. Killing people was too easy. I drop level 90s petless. I'm not even geared for pvp but I can still kill you in 2-3 hits.

PK is ganking pvp is a real fight.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I got sick of morons like you that can't win a fight without ganking. Killing people was too easy. I drop level 90s petless. I'm not even geared for pvp but I can still kill you in 2-3 hits.

PK is ganking pvp is a real fight.

You really have a rare narrow-mind, that deserves some praise I guess. To generalize is not someting I hold truthfully. And if you believe PK is ganking then I wonder what you did when you were a "PK". PK'ing is part of PvP, Einstein. What do you think happens in TW ? And not all PK's are out for easy kills, the best of them seek the hardest one's.

Oh noes you can kill me in 2-3 hits, go pat yourself on the back, you probably need it a lot.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I never get gear shatter but what bugs me is when I start to grind on a mob and in first 5 min get damaged gear or weapons.This results in repair bill.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    just a warning to anyone who doesn't pay a lot of attention to these boards:

dont reply to this ^
    I personally am not yet all that interested in PKing whitenames for no reason(and at my current level thats not much a concern anyway, lol), but i've done it in other games... and all i can say is don't knock it till ya try it, it is something that's fun to do when you're bored....

To keep within the spirit of fun though, I try not to grief(single out one person and keep killing them), i kill someone and move onto the next guy.

The skill part comes in being able to escape retribution and make it back to town in one piece while rednamed.... many games have guards that will kill you if they see you rednamed, and you have to figure out a way to get around them or chance being caught and going to jail.... another challenge is in hunting out people of equal or higher level and sucessfully killing them.... don't assume that because PKers are killing low levels that they are not also targeting higher levels, any PKer worth his salt will attack anything in his path reguardless of how strong, and if they find that they can not kill them, run to fight another day..... it's kinda like a game of cat and mouse, or cops and robbers, cowboys and indians......... sometime's it's just fun to be the bad guy

Good God b:infuriated

You're not supposed to reply to [HT's most special veno b:chuckle]... and you were warned b:cry
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Good God b:infuriated

You're not supposed to reply to [HT's most special veno b:chuckle]... and you were warned b:cry

LOL, I'm long time familiar with Zoes unusual and militant views on alot of things, when she's got her mind fixed one way or the other, nothing you say is gonna change it...... but to basically call her a troll and not to reply to her isn't quite right because she does make a good point from time to time.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOL, I'm long time familiar with Zoes unusual and militant views on alot of things, when she's got her mind fixed one way or the other, nothing you say is gonna change it...... but to basically call her a troll and not to reply to her isn't quite right because she does make a good point from time to time.

Who's this Zoo you speak of? b:puzzled