Lunar questions

Options
Tombvixen - Heavens Tear
Tombvixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
there are 3 differant types of each boss listed on pwdatabase i can only figure out how to get to the ones in solo and squad...there is a 3rd version of these bosses who drop the essences...how do i go about gettin to those bosses? solo boss = mirror squad bosses drop frags/crystals/essence/mats
however the 3rd type drop only frags/crystals/essence which is who im lookin into of how to get these bosses.....maybe these are the neo deity mode bosses?
Post edited by Tombvixen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i heard that the lunar bosses no longer drop the equipment mats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Tombvixen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i think ur thinking frost....frost no longer drops mats...however lunar does
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    oh............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hmmm no answer yet?....sure theres someone who knows...prob just not willin to share =P
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    From the research I've been able to get off database (and doing squad and single modes), the "Mirror" bosses are the single mode bosses. The only difference between solo mode and squad mode bosses as far as I've been able to tell is the hp. That's all the information we really have to go on at this time as its still not been said anything about a lunar solo mode.

I've talked a lot with BearClaw about the npc for Valley Entrance, but there's still no sign of an npc. That quest opens lunar solo mode.

No solo and single aren't the same :P (as I know someone is gonna tell me they are)
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ok i have done squad (quest only to have abilaty to open single). ive ran almost all the glades in single. 6/7 glades.... but these do not drop the essences which im looking for. squad dropd 1 on first boss, so i know squad u can but squad to dificult to get a party for. this solo u mention...which option where to do this?
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Solo mode is very similar to squad mode from my findings, with the exception that no gold mats drop, and the bosses have smaller hp than the squad mode bosses.

Valley Entrance, which is a quest you are supposed to get from Tsufong the Wanderer (which is still missing in action lol), will allow you to open the solo mode.

Single mode is unlocked when you do the shoveals quest. The essences sadly, only drop in solo mode and squad mode, not single (given that all the times I've done single mode I've yet to get a drop from them and the database says that they don't drop them in single mode).

As of right now, best chances for getting the essences is squad mode. Unless you've got the coins and chips to make them. But its quite expensive lol. (even though the anni packs brought much money to the server).
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ok i figured it out....solo mode is neodeity mode so to speak....the bosses like u said drop all cept the accual mats...even godsbreaths....however u can only (to my knowlage) get these neodeity scrolls via tokens....which can get expensive at a cost of 5-40 scrolls depending which boss u choose....
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    solo (just fragments and stuff for green items)
    squad (last couple bosses drop the gold mats)
    neo-deity (drops gold and is quite easy)
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    solo (just fragments and stuff for green items)
    squad (last couple bosses drop the gold mats)
    neo-deity (drops gold and is quite easy)

Single = green drops.

Squad-- all bosses have a chance for gold drops. Each other gold item (other than the rings available via anni packs) require a different gold item.

Neo-Deity... I have yet to find a "neo deity mode". All I've been able to tell is that there's an NPC that asks for Gods breath and neo deity scrolls and then tele's you to the boss. Wasn't aware that was considered "neo deity mode." Plus, from what I've gathered, they have the squad boss hp. I'm guessing they are just like the squad bosses without doing all of the squad mode work (I.E. all mobs in between bosses)?
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Devoted - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Single = green drops.

Squad-- all bosses have a chance for gold drops. Each other gold item (other than the rings available via anni packs) require a different gold item.

Neo-Deity... I have yet to find a "neo deity mode". All I've been able to tell is that there's an NPC that asks for Gods breath and neo deity scrolls and then tele's you to the boss. Wasn't aware that was considered "neo deity mode." Plus, from what I've gathered, they have the squad boss hp. I'm guessing they are just like the squad bosses without doing all of the squad mode work (I.E. all mobs in between bosses)?

only the last couple bosses drop gold mats in squad.

and yeah there is no neo deity 'mode' it's just what i called it.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    only the last couple bosses drop gold mats in squad.

and yeah there is no neo deity 'mode' it's just what i called it.

Ah k. Just wanted to make sure on the neo deity thing ^^ Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

According to PW Database, all bosses have a chance to drop the gold mats. Thus where their names come from.

There are only a select few that drop the Tinder gold mats that are needed.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    Options
    and yes i also just call it neodeity mode as thats what it costs lol....but ive now done all 3 types...
    single= frags/crystals
    solo= frags/crystals/essences/godsbreath
    squad= all the above + the rare mats ie chip exchange mats
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ah k. Just wanted to make sure on the neo deity thing ^^ Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

According to PW Database, all bosses have a chance to drop the gold mats. Thus where their names come from.

There are only a select few that drop the Tinder gold mats that are needed.

those gold mats you are talking about don't really count, no one uses them. the tinder gold mats is what I mean.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    and yes i also just call it neodeity mode as thats what it costs lol....but ive now done all 3 types...
    single= frags/crystals
    solo= frags/crystals/essences/godsbreath
    squad= all the above + the rare mats ie chip exchange mats

mmm not sure how ya'll are getting the solo mode with the essences... as the NPC isn't there. Care to explain? (Doubt it though).
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    those gold mats you are talking about don't really count, no one uses them. the tinder gold mats is what I mean.

can't say no one uses them as most people don't do the whole thing. I know a few people going for those other gold mats, not just the tinder.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    Options
    the npc is there who takes the neodeity scrolls...give him the scrolls then he disappears and a new npc appears who teles u inside to the chossen boss
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    the npc is there who takes the neodeity scrolls...give him the scrolls then he disappears and a new npc appears who teles u inside to the chossen boss

But that's not solo mode.... so now I'm even more confused @_@
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    Options
    when u go in usein scrolls all mobs are gone just the boss and only that boss and is fairly ez and drops like i said frags/crystals/essences/godsbreath which u cant get the essences in single mode where bosses are easy and lots of mobs exist.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I see. Still leaves me with unanswered questions, but I really appreciate the information ^^

Guess I'll save up for some neo deity scrolls now. ^^
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hmmm no answer yet?....sure theres someone who knows...prob just not willin to share =P

The third ones are Neo-Deity mode bosses.

You need anything between 5 and 40 Neo-deity scroll to summon a boss (depend on the boss) and 0 to 5 god's breath.

You are teleported in a special instance with no mobs in it, and near the boss. The bosses are easy to kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Blancheneige--- do u know of any other way yet other then tokens to get neodeity scrolls? so far this seems to be the only way i know of
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Blancheneige--- do u know of any other way yet other then tokens to get neodeity scrolls? so far this seems to be the only way i know of

I don't know of any other ways either.

I was told that Neo-Deity scrolls are sold in the cash shop in other versions of the game.

I don't know if that information is true or false.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Guys I have question too. I read all topic, but I don't get it. How I can open single mode? There is no this option at NPC. I have some quests there in solo mode, but how to open this mode? Thanksb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    to open single mode u must complete the quest for the shovels...w/o that q done u cant open single mode period
    edited October 2009
    Options
    to open single mode u must complete the quest for the shovels...w/o that q done u cant open single mode period

Can you be please more specific? Because I did all quest for my level. Can you pls give me name of this quest? Or maybe I still didn't get this quest. And please use normal words no shortcut, because I'm not sure I understand.b:pleased Thanks for helping me. I was looking info how to open single mode everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Can you be please more specific? Because I did all quest for my level. Can you pls give me name of this quest? Or maybe I still didn't get this quest. And please use normal words no shortcut, because I'm not sure I understand.b:pleased Thanks for helping me. I was looking info how to open single mode everywhere.

Quest name : Alone in the Valley

NPC giving the quest : Lonely Kowski - "World" 427 456(22)

(I think you must do the "Five Planets" quest prior to be able to get this one)

Description : Defeat 5 Frigoris: Tsanhsuans and 10 Insularum: Shoveals, then report to Lonely Kowski

Required to do :
    Kill 10 Insularum : Shoveal ( level 92) and 5 Frigoris: Tsanhsuan (level 90)

Frigoris are found in the first instance of the Lunar Glade in squad mode. Shoveal are found in the second instance of the Lunar Glade in squad mode.

Frigoris are easy to get. Shoveals are a bit harder, because they cast a wide range aoe attack that generally one shot most robe and light armored chars. They dealt something like 10k damage to my char. Use lots of interrupt skills to prevent them from casting it. And bring lots of angels. And clerics ^_^

PWDB link : http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/9490
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    Options
    Quest name : Alone in the Valley

NPC giving the quest : Lonely Kowski - "World" 427 456(22)

(I think you must do the "Five Planets" quest prior to be able to get this one)

Description : Defeat 5 Frigoris: Tsanhsuans and 10 Insularum: Shoveals, then report to Lonely Kowski

Required to do :
    Kill 10 Insularum : Shoveal ( level 92) and 5 Frigoris: Tsanhsuan (level 90)

Frigoris are found in the first instance of the Lunar Glade in squad mode. Shoveal are found in the second instance of the Lunar Glade in squad mode.

Frigoris are easy to get. Shoveals are a bit harder, because they cast a wide range aoe attack that generally one shot most robe and light armored chars. They dealt something like 10k damage to my char. Use lots of interrupt skills to prevent them from casting it. And bring lots of angels. And clerics ^_^

PWDB link : http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/9490
    Thank you very much.b:pleased
    I did already five planets. And I'm stuck on these Kill 10 Insularum : Shoveal ( level 92) and 5 Frigoris: Tsanhsuan (level 90) So I have to do them in squad mode first. Unfortunately is very difficult to find squad for lunar. I never was there.b:victory
    Probably in database is mistaken.
    There is this: Defeat 5 Frigoris: Tsanhsuans and 10 Insularum: Shoveals, then report to Lonely Kowski. (Lunar Glade Single Mode) But I cannot do it in single mode. Because I cannot open single mode. So I have to kill them in squad mode. Am I right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Probably in database is mistaken.
    There is this: Defeat 5 Frigoris: Tsanhsuans and 10 Insularum: Shoveals, then report to Lonely Kowski. (Lunar Glade Single Mode) But I cannot do it in single mode. Because I cannot open single mode. So I have to kill them in squad mode. Am I right?

Yes, the ingame text for the quest is wrong (and was never fixed by PWI, go figure why...)

The quest must be done in squad mode, The shoveals don't spawn in solo mode.
    Unfortunately is very difficult to find squad for lunar.

Mostly because Lunar squad mode is mostly a waste of time and ressources (even more with the anniversary packs...). And Lunar solo mode drops are rather useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes, the ingame text for the quest is wrong (and was never fixed by PWI, go figure why...)

The quest must be done in squad mode, The shoveals don't spawn in solo mode.

Mostly because Lunar squad mode is mostly a waste of time and ressources. And Lunar solo mode drops are rather useless.
    Thank you very much. I appreciate it.b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]