Lag Spikes.

Options
Enzio - Heavens Tear
Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Support Desk
I know we are all excited about the new expansion, but wouldn't it be better to postpone that, and work out the bugs that are currently consuming the game?

(No I'm not trying to start an argument or troll, just asking a realistic question.)
Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
Post edited by Enzio - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Lag is pretty bad tbh, and the games been getting "glitchier". My nix goes invisible at times, I saw a half invisible kirin, laggy as hell running a material route, etc.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yea, like when I have my camera zoomed out a certain distance, I can see threw peoples clothes lol. And then other outfits have random pieces added on that aren't really there.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yea, like when I have my camera zoomed out a certain distance, I can see threw peoples clothes

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yea, like when I have my camera zoomed out a certain distance, I can see threw peoples clothes lol. And then other outfits have random pieces added on that aren't really there.

Same here. The **** pop out of my wife's top. b:chuckle
    But I'm not complaining b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    my son tells me he can tell what the real colour is on venos who have **** their tail colours. and ive noticed that its almost impossible to try on fashions in archo west withouth it turning me into a flasher...literally! it flashes and tears the outfit so much i cant tell what it looks like. i've noticed its much easier to try things on in AH, so thats how i check out something i am interested in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You know, that part might not be so bad lmao.
  • $exi - Sanctuary
    $exi - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You know, that part might not be so bad lmao.

LOL I haven't had any tearing problems but I've notice more and more lag, especially in certain instances, where all the players in the party experience the same lag at around the same time.
    b:tired
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOL I haven't had any tearing problems but I've notice more and more lag, especially in certain instances, where all the players in the party experience the same lag at around the same time.

Mainly in FB29-59 for me. Rest are fine. But working out the current glitches and bugs would be the best bet before incorporating the expansion. Wouldn't the just create more lag and more glitches and bugs?
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not my PC or connection I run Fios and have an AREA 51 ALX no way it's my computer.
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you were to build the computer I have it would cost a good 5-6k to get the parts. Not including the software needed to run it
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    Azlin - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    sticking to the thread.... yes i am having internet lag that didn't happen before the patch of 300mb that prepares the tide born expansion. Mobs would be invisible even though i run through them and when i get to a town, the npcs would be invisible and i have to wait for 10-20 secs b4 they spawn out
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I agree the lag spikes are completly horrible. my cpu isn't all that good but even i can tell the difference. from lagging in west arch and sp only to lagging everywhere and lagging so bad my pwi freezes and i gotta minimize it and use task manager to close it is a pretty big difference. I think ima take a break till this gets fixed I mean seriously. This is getting uterly horrible.

edit: if i even come back cause this is just pathetic how bad its getting and nothing is being done about it which says something about the company being more focused on the greed of anni packs rather than the performance of the game itself.
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dunno what your all complaining about, haven't had any lag or graphics issues.

if you live physically far away from the server locations, that could explain a miniscual amount of lag.
    also , do you have a private internet connection, or do you share the same cable to your neighbors. cable internet speeds can vary depending on the amount of local traffic, hence you have a good speed. but if someone down the block starts a big download,your going to feel it in some way shape or form.

as far as graphics issues, try verifying the game files. also if you run dual screens, that can some times cause issues
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's just been happening since the patch release for the expansion. I use a private network. So I have all the speed I need plus some. I have always run duel screens since I started. And this is the only time I have came across the huge lag spikes where it would literally freeze the game making it look like a D/C.
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    could you post a dxdiag, i will take a quick look and see if i can't see whats making you lag
  • Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver
    Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've been having problems turning my graphics settings down. I hit the button to switch, my screen goes black, and that error report window pops up (which I still haven't figured out how to use). That also happens a lot of times when I task switch.
    O power that lies at the root of all creation,
    O memory inscribed in ages past,
    Hear my call and arise before me!
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Doesn't this belong in technical support? That being said, I only get the crazy lag spikes in FB (it's terrifying!!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Same, and in TT
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Who here gets something like delay and then the mob you are trying to kill is dead?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have had that. Go to attack the mob and it's vanishes. makes me b:cry especially on drop questsb:thanks
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have had that. Go to attack the mob and it's vanishes. makes me b:cry especially on drop questsb:thanks

delay is something i've seen alot on satallite connections and haven't known anybody not on one to have such a delay.

edit: made notice of this type of thread in technical support to see if they even say anything, i doubt it cause they may as well just deny anything and keep the economy screwed up. even coming out with a new MMO in which I should WC on it once it comes out (dont play they dont pay attention to their problems)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Same here. I don't have hair even on main login screen. My mount sometimes disappear. It depend on angle camera. Every problems started in past with patch. I never had it before.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.