Lazy animations for myriad rainbow

Options
$exi - Sanctuary
$exi - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
With the event inflating coins, I took advantage of everything that takes a lot of in game coins to buy from NPC. That is to say, I maxed out every fox skill haha...seriously...it costs like nothing compared to what it did before. I mean, if you'd told me a couple month ago that when I hit 79 that apocolypes pages cost 100K each, and require 20 of them and still have to buy 1 million dollars worth of ink, in addition to the 1 million spirit, i would probably kick you in the gonads just for being a messenger.

So I went ahead and got myriad rainbow in both fox and human form and Feral concentration as well. The animation for feral concentration is pretty cool and adds to the number of colors a veno can make when they're casting a spell.

Anywhoooo, myriad rainbow is an awesome skill in a party, especially when soul transfusion + cleric = unlimited mp for me. (although it scares them to death when they see your health at 12 points. Hint: just don't do it at AOE bosses lol).

Problem: the animation (or the lack there of) really sucks! There's no casting time, when you click the skill button, the toon just stands there, and a blindingly white rainbow hovers over the mobs for a couple seconds (only half a second in human form). I think it really got to me when my frost squad started asking who was doing that lol. I mean I don't NEED to take credit for amour and mind break but... er...ok it would be nice for some recognition haha.

GMs/developers: any chance you can just throw some crappy animation on there? I know you're busy with the new expansion (which is soooo cool btw, i mean comon, fish people with wings?), but can you just make the veno pose or something or turn colors when they're casting myriad rainbow?

Players: how many times have you actually realized a veno was casting myriad rainbow? How many veno do you know have myriad rainbow in either forms?

Venos: Do you have myriad rainbow? Do you plan on getting it?
b:tired
Post edited by $exi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    something I'd love to see, building a tank veno (at lvl 13 atm :@)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Anywhoooo, myriad rainbow is an awesome skill in a party, especially when soul transfusion + cleric = unlimited mp for me. (although it scares them to death when they see your health at 12 points. Hint: just don't do it at AOE bosses lol)
    Example: Dreadindra with his cheap Bishop-Buddies...

Hi :D

Is Myriad rainbow that skill with all the flying skulls?
    Well i know when the veno casts it.. Because i see all the skulls flying around b:shocked
    I dunno what it does though o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The animation is boring so I don't use it. The Herc I bought is ugly too so I won't use that either. If the Nix didn't look like a paper kite, I might actually use that. I also prefer to walk because my panther is so common and ugly. I'm also not leveling fast enough. Please give me more easy XP.

j/k.. yeah, that animation sucks for such a nice skill.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I can't wait to get the foxform myriad rainbow. Not sure I'm getting human version. So to get it you need 20 apoc pages and ink (about 3 mil coin total?) and a mil of spirit? Then is there a specific npc that trains it or does the skill unlock at the veno trainer when you have the inventory items on hand?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • $exi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Example: Dreadindra with his cheap Bishop-Buddies...

Hi :D

Is Myriad rainbow that skill with all the flying skulls?
    Well i know when the veno casts it.. Because i see all the skulls flying around b:shocked
    I dunno what it does though o,o

HEY YOU! haha how's it going? Yeah that was a rough run lol.

No...that's not it. That skill causes 2 sparks and freezes mobs. I've actually never seen another veno use myriad rainbow before. Seriously...am I the only one who use myriad rainbow?!
  • $exi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I can't wait to get the foxform myriad rainbow. Not sure I'm getting human version. So to get it you need 20 apoc pages and ink (about 3 mil coin total?) and a mil of spirit? Then is there a specific npc that trains it or does the skill unlock at the veno trainer when you have the inventory items on hand?

You should get the apo pages now during the event because you can find them half price (around 50k if you're lucky). Once you create the book, you just go to a veno trainer (any one any where) to learn the skill which costs 1 million spirit but no coins. And yes you're right, only the veno one is worth the MP cost. But you will have to transform, use myriad, (i usually use amp damage after as well while the transform skill is on cooldown), then transform back...unless you're a fox veno that is.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I hate the stupid white annimation. Crowds the entire screen in gamma.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • $exi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I hate the stupid white annimation. Crowds the entire screen in gamma.

YES omg they ARE annoying. And thank you for knowing what it is! haha so you know a veno that use it during gamma? (other than me? lol)
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    HEY YOU! haha how's it going? Yeah that was a rough run lol.

No...that's not it. That skill causes 2 sparks and freezes mobs. I've actually never seen another veno use myriad rainbow before. Seriously...am I the only one who use myriad rainbow?!
    I'm going good b:victory Just had my coffee, and feelin fine b:laugh

And Nah, I know a veno friend of mine who says she has it. .__. But i dont see it too often.

But that flying skulls move, I see quite often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    YES omg they ARE annoying. And thank you for knowing what it is! haha so you know a veno that use it during gamma? (other than me? lol)

no lol. I never gamma with the barb. Im actually a veno. b:surrender
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • $exi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm going good b:victory Just had my coffee, and feelin fine b:laugh

And Nah, I know a veno friend of mine who says she has it. .__. But i dont see it too often.

But that flying skulls move, I see quite often.

The human version is just a ring that appears over the mob for like half a second, and the veno just stands there as if she's AFK. The flying skulls move is equivalent to a barb's sunder at lvl 59 and above. You don't need apo pages for it, only for the lvl 79 skills.
    no lol. I never gamma with the barb. Im actually a veno. b:surrender

Haha a bunny in wolve's clothing? So you have it on your veno?
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The human version is just a ring that appears over the mob for like half a second, and the veno just stands there as if she's AFK. The flying skulls move is equivalent to a barb's sunder at lvl 59 and above. You don't need apo pages for it, only for the lvl 79 skills.

Ohh, I know what you mean now :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • $exi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »

j/k.. yeah, that animation sucks for such a nice skill.

I couldn't have said it better my self!
    Ohh, I know what you mean now :o

YAHTAH!!b:victory
  • Miggie - Heavens Tear
    Miggie - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I use Myriad Rainbow in human form quite frequently. Good post, it would be nice if possible to get a better animation for it. On some mobs.. for eg the really tall Ghostjocks in TT Act2 u cant even see the ani above them, so cant always be sure the skill has cast.
  • $exi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I use Myriad Rainbow in human form quite frequently. Good post, it would be nice if possible to get a better animation for it. On some mobs.. for eg the really tall Ghostjocks in TT Act2 u cant even see the ani above them, so cant always be sure the skill has cast.

Thank you so much for responding to this, I feel a little less lonely.
    I wanna ask u an additional question: have you noticed that myriad rainbow doesn't draw any aggro from other players at all?
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I always go by the cooldown, once the cooldown timer on the skill starts it's time to cast something else.
  • Feyrnd - Sanctuary
    Feyrnd - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    the flying skull skill is Parasitic Nova, its the only 2 spark skill for veno.
    and yes i do have myriad rainbow fox form, so you're not the only veno with it in sanctuary server
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    the flying skull skill is Parasitic Nova, its the only 2 spark skill for veno.
    and yes i do have myriad rainbow fox form, so you're not the only veno with it in sanctuary server

I can think of two other 2 spark veno skills (one of which is bramble).

Also, i do not think instant spells can ever have great animations (and myriad rainbow does get a sort of a rainbow animation, which can be almost pretty in the right setting).