Pheonix skill...

Options
trufflelove
trufflelove Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
So, since I can't find anything on it, what do people recommend replacing pounce with on a Nix.
Post edited by trufflelove on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Nothing. That would be stupid.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Nothing. That would be stupid.
    quotedfortruth.

Add flesh ream to the 4th slot. Done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I though about replacing pounce on mine. I never use it even in TW. I think I'll remove bash and pounce then have Blessing, Claw, and both herc buffs. Then I'll use my phoenix to tank everything not in an instance.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I though about replacing pounce on mine. I never use it even in TW. I think I'll remove bash and pounce then have Blessing, Claw, and both herc buffs.

Tank WB's with Nix? Would be nice to avoid ground mobs. If only you could squeeze Reflect on there too.
  • Loner - Harshlands
    Loner - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Don't. When someone accelerates and tries to fly away from your birdie that's how you catch them b:pleased
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    keep pounce and use it. add flesh ream as 4th skill. As venos we only have 1 stun, and even though it is a good one, Stun is one of the Best PvP skills. Trick for PvP flesh ream before you pounce, so clerics can't purify your bleed.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Don't. When someone accelerates and tries to fly away from your birdie that's how you catch them b:pleased

If the person is running away in a TW they are effectively out of the fight so I just find someone else to kill.

You people still obsess over flesh ream? You DO realize that after 90+ its useless even on arcane users. When I get hit by it I don't even care because its not that strong. Best start actually learning how to pvp for once.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you plan to do no PvP at all, then I'd recommend bash over flesh ream. If you are unsure, go ahead and put Flesh Ream on instead of Bash. The Nix's DPS is so high I can't pull aggro off mine even with bash turned off, and I'm a full Arcane veno all mag and not vit.

Whatever you do, don't remove pounce! b:sad
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trufflelove
    trufflelove Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If it wasn't for Flesh Ream being bugged I don't think anyone would ever use it. Bash has the same damage at level 5 but attacks twice as fast.

b:chuckle And I swear, 99% of clerics act like they don't even know Purify exists. I've asked some to purify me when I was tanking on my own cleric and they never do.
  • Urahara - Harshlands
    Urahara - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So, since I can't find anything on it, what do people recommend replacing pounce with on a Nix.

Replace Pounce with Slow :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If it wasn't for Flesh Ream being bugged I don't think anyone would ever use it. Bash has the same damage at level 5 but attacks twice as fast.

b:chuckle And I swear, 99% of clerics act like they don't even know Purify exists. I've asked some to purify me when I was tanking on my own cleric and they never do.

It's not bugged, and you have bad math:

Flesh Ream: Base Dmg + 200% of base (3/3)
    Bash: 200% of base (2/3)

The reason why you don't want FR for pve is because of the long cool down and because mobs tend to die before it's done damaging.

Many venos don't know how to lure. Some without Hercs think they have more skills though they just stand around half the time when I'm squadded with them. They overwrite my sage ironwood with their lesser one, ignore the adds, etc.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Many venos don't know how to lure. Some without Hercs think they have more skills though they just stand around half the time when I'm squadded with them. They overwrite my sage ironwood with their lesser one, ignore the adds, etc.
    This is so true ~_~; And they dont freakin listen when you tell them not to ironwood... If youre reallllllyyyyy intent on replacing pounce, give it bash for pve leveling, or possibly some herc skills if youre rich.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    give it bash for pve leveling, or possibly some herc skills if youre rich.

With the 1atk/s rate I wonder if bash is worth using on Nix other than for aggro. Not knowing the amount of time bash consumes, it's possible that it might not affect the dps or even make it worse?

It would be neat to see a veno tank a WB with a Nix! I've done it a couple times with my Marksman, but it's hard to find ones w/o mobs around them. A Nix could bypass that problem and even kill faster. Veno could also be safe in case of Nix death.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Solandri/OMGLAZERZZ/some other dude I forget, did some math in a thread a while back, that shows working in unison (bash and fr) they add a significant amount of dps via spike damage. In process of looking for the math they posted, it works well together in massive damage dealing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    With the 1atk/s rate I wonder if bash is worth using on Nix other than for aggro. Not knowing the amount of time bash consumes, it's possible that it might not affect the dps or even make it worse?

It would be neat to see a veno tank a WB with a Nix! I've done it a couple times with my Marksman, but it's hard to find ones w/o mobs around them. A Nix could bypass that problem and even kill faster. Veno could also be safe in case of Nix death.

1.5 second cast time on both bash and fr. That makes them 9.5 sec for 200% damage and 16.5 sec for 300% damage, but since melee timers are reset during skill channeling, a nix is always going to lose 1.5 attacks, or 150% of attack to use either skill. That makes the real rate 9.5 sec for 50% damage and 16.5 sec for 150% damage. The result is that FR ends up being way better than bash, until the mob is high enough above the nix for level reductions to come into play. Remember, FR is bugged in pve too and unlike other pet skills is affected by level reductions on it's damage. As a result, once you go past 20 levels over the nix, bash is more damage.