Quitting PWI Sale?

Options
KatieMorgan - Sanctuary
KatieMorgan - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
I see these "quitting PWI sale" messages on WC or normal chat in west arch every day or two and it kinda puzzles me. If you are truly quitting the game, what's the point of selling your stuff? It's not like you can take the coins with you. Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me? b:surrender
Post edited by KatieMorgan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It gets your attention = you look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    whenever i quit a server to go to a different one, i sell all my items/equipment, then give the coin to people who have been kind to me, and who i could consider friends. i also send my cashshop fashion and other major items to those who have done me major favors at one time or another

that's why i do it. i don't put such titles on my catshop, but still
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1.) To Gain Attention
    2.) They have intentions of returning
    3.) They are stupid :)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    say you're a robie, and you'd like to get your barb friend something, you're obviously not gonna give him robie gear. better sell that and get him heavy armor *shrug*
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It gets your attention = you look.
    1.) To Gain Attention
    2.) They have intentions of returning
    3.) They are stupid :)

THIS

and

letting gm/devs and such that they EXPLOIT 2much on players patient so this shouts will maybe restrain em by theyr thirst for profit.b:chuckle

too much QQ imo, i know about the anni pacs but im not one that is gonna leave the game cuz of them

ive never purchased and i know it will be hard to get through the 80s without gamma (RB=charms) but i wont complain even if the usurer rate of gold exchange will makes me cripple.

i laught at ppl that have WAISTED lot of IRL money and then they complain when the games updates and makes theyr ultra expensive equip to be obsolete.

this is a game and u have to stand at his rules, if u dont like em u can waiste ur time on another mmo.

i dont plan to be the best barb on the server or the best equipped one (even if id like to b:chuckle) I JUST WANNA HAVE FUN with my friends. until ill be having fun ill play this game.

i dont think the game is impossible to play now, is just u dont feel like ur good anymore cuz the others have better gear, just like REAL LIFE...then what will u do ? mass suicide if the world leaves u behind ?

GROW A LIL and play this as a game not like real lifeb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    when fled LC, i gave everything to my best friend...which included a newly bought swan and leveled up panther. stupid to try to make a profit when you are leaving, and a way to show my friend how much she had meant to me, especially in the painful decision to leave.
    whenever i quit a server to go to a different one, i sell all my items/equipment, then give the coin to people who have been kind to me, and who i could consider friends. i also send my cashshop fashion and other major items to those who have done me major favors at one time or another

that's why i do it. i don't put such titles on my catshop, but still
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    when fled LC, i gave everything to my best friend...which included a newly bought swan and leveled up panther. stupid to try to make a profit when you are leaving, and a way to show my friend how much she had meant to me, especially in the painful decision to leave.

As said before, though, a lot of people think they might come back-- that's why they sell it. I know at least one person on my FL who swore he wasn't coming back until the economy straightened out-- he came back. Another who gave his account away and took it back. It seems to me like people still like PWI even though it's broken. It's just really upsetting when they first realize it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • NecroKitty - Harshlands
    NecroKitty - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm quitting sale = every player with even the tiniest bit of logic will ignore.

Hmm, after typing that out, i'm thinking, maybe that is their goal. Weed out the player with some sense and get a fool to respond. Only person who would respond is a brain dead moron. That is just the customer they're looking for to rip off.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm quitting sale = every player with even the tiniest bit of logic will ignore.

It couldn't possibly be that they are saving up to role a new character when the expansion comes out could it? Nah that has no logic. >__________________>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    heh, i left LC last year....and have a level76 veno in HT, and i will **never** go back to LC, or move to any PVP server. left there for a good reason. i look on that now as a tough learning experience, since i had never been on a game that had PVP before, and didnt know what that meant.

As said before, though, a lot of people think they might come back-- that's why they sell it. I know at least one person on my FL who swore he wasn't coming back until the economy straightened out-- he came back. Another who gave his account away and took it back. It seems to me like people still like PWI even though it's broken. It's just really upsetting when they first realize it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    heh, i left LC last year....and have a level76 veno in HT, and i will **never** go back to LC, or move to any PVP server. left there for a good reason. i look on that now as a tough learning experience, since i had never been on a game that had PVP before, and didnt know what that meant.

That sort of thing upsets me. I chose this server for a reason. I think there SHOULD be some sort of warning when you first log in. Something to tell the new players. 'hey; this server, though it has rules, leaves your player open to being pk (player killed) after lv 30 any other player can kill your player without exception' or something like that. I don't like that people get into that without knowing what they're doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    XD this thread raises a good point. I cant think of a single good reason to waste ur time selling ur stuff if ur quitting or going to another server. The friends thing, if they need money, just give them ur stuff, let them sell it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    "Quitting sales" are a huge rip-off in my opinion. Every single such sale I've ever seen is horribly overpriced. Why be so greedy if you're just giving the money to guildies or friends. Just give them the actual items and move on. Seriously, I see items priced at double market value so often. It's like they expect sympathy sales or something.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i love not caring about the game, so i can guilt-free set my prices low b:chuckle

shameless boost ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I seen a quitting sale, and he quit. Came back with an Archer about 3 months later.
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • mortie
    mortie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When I quit a game, I simply don't log in anymore, why go through all that trouble b:shocked
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    One friend I know that played sold her HH80 Lion King Axes when she had to study for midterms / finals because she knew that if they were still in game for her, she would be tempted.

However, when she quit the game for good, she gave out everything she had to my guild since it was permanent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    idk but if i was quitting, i would keep all my stuff in case i want to come back in the future
  • SpankShot - Sanctuary
    SpankShot - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I Dont Know really :P

i had a friend who moved to another server and gave me like 1.6mill of stuff.
    so i was like....WOO :D thanks. mainly cause i helped her level a lot
    I Never Mean to Steal Aggro,
    Im an archer... its in my DNA. its just... what i do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gauthier - Heavens Tear
    Gauthier - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you really look at their shops, you will see that they arent selling their gears mounts stuff that they worked to get ..etc because they arent actually quiting, its just a way to get ur attention, they may quit for a week or 2 but they will be back, and they sure dont want to have a bag full of money and no gear, mount or other stuff and see that those things are selling, are now selling for 2mil+(exemple) then what it was when they were playing.
    Its just a trick to lure, and its a really good trick actually, but they still deserve to be KOS for their fake spamming :p .
  • Gauthier - Heavens Tear
    Gauthier - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But then again, those ppl may actually quit and they will just donate the money they got from the sales to the faction or give it to a friend , i wouldnt accept money from a friend unless i knew they were actually quiting for ever, but thats just me.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That sort of thing upsets me. I chose this server for a reason. I think there SHOULD be some sort of warning when you first log in. Something to tell the new players. 'hey; this server, though it has rules, leaves your player open to being pk (player killed) after lv 30 any other player can kill your player without exception' or something like that. I don't like that people get into that without knowing what they're doing.

X_x'
    Agreed there should be something for people who just started.
    but...it kind of assumes people who start playing know what a mmorpg is and one of the biggest feature is nearly all mmorpgs is pvp/pve.

also me wuv pvp servers in every game me played.
    b:sad
    it's just that much more fun.
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Quitting sale? Simple...

Look at what is sold there without much seriousness or assumptions. If you are lucky with finding a good deal, go for it (though not probable at all). If not, just laugh it out and resume your day. ^^
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If I plan on quitting a game for an appreciable length of time, I sell all my things at their current value so that when they drop in the future, I won't be left with a bag full of **** that was worth a couple hundred million six months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Those sales remind me of the matress store that has been having a "going out of business sale" for the last 3 years streight.

But yah, those shop names are as meaningful as the ones that say "cheap stuff", "everything you need", and most other names. Treat them as such and don't put any value on what they say.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think the pple who make the game, expect that if you are smart enough to PLAY the game, then you are also attentive enough to look through the site regarding game info before leeroying into the game and lvling your character till lv30.

As for the quitting PWI sale, if it were really for friends it would be way better to just hand them the gear to sell it. Unlike someone who is eager to quit the game, the friends might have the time to sell it at a higher price for themselves
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I see these "quitting PWI sale" messages on WC or normal chat in west arch every day or two and it kinda puzzles me. If you are truly quitting the game, what's the point of selling your stuff? It's not like you can take the coins with you. Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me? b:surrender

That's so they have the money to buy back all their stuff when they inevitably come back.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

1. Makes me laugh, why selling just give everything away for 1 coin
    2. They just want attention (pats those people)
    3. They just want to sell at higher prices for no reason
    4. They didn't have any other possible name for their shop so they setted it like that which is plain "not intelligent" :D *doesn't want to be banned* xD
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.