Faction Improvements

Dekunutter - Harshlands
Dekunutter - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
I dunno if it's just me but I think the factions could do with a little more customization. I for one desire faction emblems, like uploaded pics or something that the leader can assign and maybe something to let those who win a faction war feel a bit more triumphant.
How about a flag or two displaying a faction emblem for whoever owns that region. Imagine seeing your flag atop of Archosaur after a mighty battle! You'd be damn proud.
Post edited by Dekunutter - Harshlands on

Comments

• outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i for one would love to see new game features like maybe guild alliances, were 3 guilds can patner up and take on TW together. this could make for more intense TW and allow lower level guilds to get in on the action.

guild jobs for anyone over the rank of executor,

and maybe a sort of mission board where the leader could post missions and give cash or item rewards. the money and items must be in the guild bank (another feture i would love to see added). that last idea would be a ton of work but i think it would be cool
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I like the idea, but mostly cause it would be usefull to have an Alliance Chat Window. Would be easier to call for help or just to chat...
  • MorbidAngel_ - Sanctuary
    MorbidAngel_ - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes guild alliances would be awesome. It would be nice to be able to check to see who is on in guild your aligned with to find groups for BH or a few quests.

I remember being lower level and leader of my own guild, and friends that were higher levels wanting to combine our guilds so they could help my guild when we needed high levels. This would be great for TW too, being able to group up with another guild or two to help them take territory from one of the bigger guilds.
  • Dekunutter - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Also, one very small problem.
    Faction slogans can't have spaces in them!?! It's ****! I want a proper slogan, not just a word or several squeezed into a confined space!
    edited August 2009
    Yes, but you can use apostrophes in your slogans.

True... But I demand my spaces! They do the job they do
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    the idea of guild alliances works perfectly with the TW. honestly i don't understand y it was't put in from the start. prolems that guild face in TW are the following.

1. a guild doesn't have enuf high level members. a problem all weaker guils face since the big gilds tend to steal their high level players from time to time. adding an alliance will make it possible to use high levels between 3 guilds and hopfully it will be enuf to put up a fight.

2. one single guile may have the high levels, but not enuf are online during a tw. this is a problem i've heard from time to time. many guild lost the chance to win becos of this.

3. weaker guilds can't bother playing TW since they would get murdered. HOWEVER they can play a support role during the attack. they can heal, scout, and sure they can attack from time to time. let the weaker guilds handle the suport from a safe distance while the stonger guild does the actual fighting.

upon winning land the money from it is devied between the 3 guilds. becos let be real. one single guild getting 30 mil a week is insane.

another little feature i would love to see is a guild talk thingy. where you use a mic and can actually TALK to members. but that may be asking for to much
  • Ripfang - Harshlands
    Ripfang - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I would like to see faction banks, of which people could donate their money to the guild, and then the leader could distribute it to people in need and / or save it up for faction upgrades and Territory Wars. And I really like the flag idea
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree^_^

I also wish we could all have a Fraction HQ or a @home like on dot ****.
    We get a cute little mascot and such i want mine to look like this.

1148_wt05pcbust_ea7950_0001.jpg

and we get rewards after killing a certan number of monster all of which are added to a book.... that gives you the locations of such.
    you get rewards for killing at least one of each of the monsters in the area or reaching a number of monsters in your book.

this book would also document the weapons and such you can collect as well as a pet storage for us Veno's so we don't have to revert them back to egg form.

and also a area for storing things and such.... and a Fraction shop that we can sell things from^_^ or sell good we make/gather.
  • Ripfang - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    A mascot WOULD be awesome. and ya a place to trade all of your forged armour and stuffs would be cool. It would give people a reason to forge low-level armour and weapons
    edited September 2009
    These ideas are great!
    Voice-chat rooms would be really cool but then again they could be a source of spam and negativity. Still, don't use them if you don't like them, I wouldn't personally use it but it'd bring other members together more. Maybe even enstill a vibe of loyality to the members encouraging active play and whatnot.
    Faction banks would be great too, although I wouldn't trust every leader out there...
  • Ripfang - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    why join a faction with a corrupt leader lol! Voice chat could be good amongst friends but strangers would most definitely ruin that
    edited September 2009
    Yes. I've heard... Things before. Voice-chat can be bad but fun. Depends if people respect it or not.
  • Ripfang - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Well I wouldnt accept anyone into MY guild if they were going to abuse the Voice Chat system. If you could see any faction members you wanted on the map that would be useful too...
    edited September 2009
    Ya it would. They could come up in little small blue dots or something. But maybe people like their privacy...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the idea of guild alliances works perfectly with the TW. honestly i don't understand y it was't put in from the start. prolems that guild face in TW are the following.

1. a guild doesn't have enuf high level members. a problem all weaker guils face since the big gilds tend to steal their high level players from time to time. adding an alliance will make it possible to use high levels between 3 guilds and hopfully it will be enuf to put up a fight.

2. one single guile may have the high levels, but not enuf are online during a tw. this is a problem i've heard from time to time. many guild lost the chance to win becos of this.

3. weaker guilds can't bother playing TW since they would get murdered. HOWEVER they can play a support role during the attack. they can heal, scout, and sure they can attack from time to time. let the weaker guilds handle the suport from a safe distance while the stonger guild does the actual fighting.

upon winning land the money from it is devied between the 3 guilds. becos let be real. one single guild getting 30 mil a week is insane.

another little feature i would love to see is a guild talk thingy. where you use a mic and can actually TALK to members. but that may be asking for to much

However, the same way you have high level powerful players guild jump when things start to go downhill, guild alliances would also allow for more people to be part of the "best", meaning, all the top guilds would form an alliance and nobody would ever have a chance to ever enter the map.

Also, it would allow for the top guild that is already maxed to be able to start a second guild for even more high level players, and make it all but impossible for anyone to challange them.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009
    Valid point. Twould be problem indeed.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    However, the same way you have high level powerful players guild jump when things start to go downhill, guild alliances would also allow for more people to be part of the "best", meaning, all the top guilds would form an alliance and nobody would ever have a chance to ever enter the map.

Also, it would allow for the top guild that is already maxed to be able to start a second guild for even more high level players, and make it all but impossible for anyone to challange them.

No no no. It would run like it is in jade dynasty. In that game you can have multiple alliances attack the fort at the same time supporting each other. (the alliances in that game are the factions of this one) The ones doing the defending have cannot have outside help like the attackers can.

The best way to run this in TW, if you are attacking, and you have less land than the faction you are attacking, you can use support factions to help you. If you are defending, you cannot use any support. If both factions have the same amount of land however, they can BOTH use support. This will always give the advantage to the attackers, not the defenders, and only the attackers that have less land than the defenders. This would help everyone do TW since it won't be so hard to knock off the huge factions.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Drunk_bm - Dreamweaver
    Drunk_bm - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think that the factions should be account wide not jus for one player that way you dont have 1 person with 6 char in one faction i like to be able to change char to help friends and faction members but most factions only allow for 1 main and 1 alt
    edited November 2009
    I see what you mean there, but that could cause problems of its own since many people like having different characters experiencing different factions. I only play with my one blademaster anyway so this is a problem I wouldn't come across.
    And Zoe's idea about the faction alliances alliances just might work. But maybe the alliances should be limited or maybe they should be limited player wise over land wise but definately not in any way where mighty land holders like kingdom or kylin would get an even greater advantage.