will this game run @ 2048x1152

Options
Santacruz - Heavens Tear
Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Support Desk
ok im currently using a 22" 1680x1050 (16:10 ratio) monitor but am thinking of upgrading to a 23.6" 2048x1152 (16:9 ratio) monitor

link: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/23-Samsung-SM2343BW-Widescreen-LCD-Height-Adjustable-DVI-2048x1152-200001-300cd-m-5ms-VESA

i just need to know if PWI supports this resolution because its pretty new

thanks
Post edited by Santacruz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, that is a non-standard resolution, so I would have to guess that the game does not have it.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, that is a non-standard resolution, so I would have to guess that the game does not have it.

my thoughts exactly,i dont wanna buy it and not be able to play pwi D:
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    you can always run pwi at the lower resolutions still b:laugh

lets put it this way: i have 1280x800 resolution widescreen laptop. i can run pwi up to that resolution (in full screen), however i will suffer the built-in bugs that pwi has at widescreen resolutions. instead, i run it at the standard 1024x768 resolution (i also run it windowed, but that's only so i have easy access to vent)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PWI will happily run in a window 2000 wide and 10 tall, if you want.

So you shouldn't have a problem, just a little title bar taking up a bit of screen.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i always like to run full screen at the max rez of the screen :P i wont settle for not being able to do that xD
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The screen will be a little distorted, but you shouldn't have any issues running the game full-screen.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You can run it at any resolution when windowed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PWI is very flexible about screen resolutions.

When you start the game it checks Windows to get your screen's native resolution and offers that as a full-screen option, no matter how odd-ball the resolution might be. It also lets you make the game any resolution or shape you want when you run it in a window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Shadow_Katee - Heavens Tear
    Shadow_Katee - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think resolution depend not on screen size ut graphic card capacity.If you have really good graphic card you should be able to run full screen game even on 32" Plasma TV without loosing too much quality.
    My PC runs whit 20" Plasma monitor in dual mode <Analog and Digital> and resolution 1900 to 1020 <if i recall correct> and quality is let say perfect b:chuckle, but when i run PWi on my laptop via attached 19" analog monitor i loose about 40% PC quality <it is still great but...>

To OP.
    If you have good GCard then i do not think so that setting maximal resolution for 23" monitor should be any problems.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm running on 27'' monitor with 1900xsomething resolution, without any problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trife - Sanctuary
    Trife - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ok im currently using a 22" 1680x1050 (16:10 ratio) monitor but am thinking of upgrading to a 23.6" 2048x1152 (16:9 ratio) monitor

link: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/23-Samsung-SM2343BW-Widescreen-LCD-Height-Adjustable-DVI-2048x1152-200001-300cd-m-5ms-VESA

i just need to know if PWI supports this resolution because its pretty new

thanks

I actualy own that monitor and PWI does support the res just fine at full screen.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thanks for the reply's guys and girls ^^

im not gonna turn this into the "my pc's better than yours thread" but there's enough horsepower here :P

i will defiantly consider getting this with the support that it will be supported ^^

thanks again
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The only widescreen and resolution issues you will have to deal with are:

In-game UI fonts do not resize (Chat window does)

UI button and such do not resize

In-game map will be cut off at the top and bottom parts of the screen.

Because PWI was created 4 years or so ago, it does not have as many UI tweaks that some of PWE's other game do.

We have people playing... er... um, "testing" the game on multiple displays, usually in windowed mode, with it dragged across both displays. Looks great!

Just remember to make all the graphic settings LOW or OFF and see how your framerate does and crank it up until you have issues.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.