A Cleric guide to make some coin ( for the poor people )

Kawakami - Dreamweaver
Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
I was lucky to start off with whatever my BM had saved up before I switched to my Cleric as main. But yes, in general this is one of the most expensive classes mainly because of the costs to keep your MP up when you are leveling and whatever. But it's not impossible to make some coins on it, if not quite some of it even if it's your main. Note : this is only for the non-rich people playing.

First of all, it's nice if things go faster but you can't rotate the entire world in a second. Don't be bothered by meditating, just go do something else while you do it, it will save you a lot of coins and with a MP powder activated it will go quite fast to reach full MP. With maxed Celestial guardian seal it won't take as long to get full MP. It is quite a costly skill but will pay off in the end ( it shines when you are soloing and meditating or not doing anything )

Our biggest coin sink is pots, a lot of pots. I rarely buy them and usually rely on MP powders, so herbs are your best and cheapest friend. Depending on if im just solo questions or in a FB/TT/RB I will buy pots accordingly. The low ( cheapests and reasonable ) pots for solo, and the mid/high pots for the other instances depending on your role. The recover x MP over 30 second powders are your best friend before putting up a RB or BB or in the air/water with low MP.

If you have enough space in your safe collect all the possible mat drops from mobs and whatever you can harvest. Depending on the selling price, some will be worth more than others so you have to set your priorities and look at the market. The more you level up, the better priced mats you will get, so at a given time you will have to replace one of your safe slots with a higher and better selling material/herb. I personally never bothered with filling my safe up with DQ ( dragon quest ) items, but whatever floats your boat. DQ items over time will bring in quite some coins even if you only sell it to NPC's. Whenever I have enough spare coin I buy safe extension stones, they are essential and guarantee more coins in the future, although it needs time to pay off. If you are not familiar with the safe extension stone quest from the banker, the same banker can complete your quest with a stone in your inventory, regardless of which banker the awarder might be.

The biggest part of my income comes from the ultimate substance materials ; anthracite, refined steel, rubstone powder and fine lumber. Try to grab the other high mats like high-grade lumber, corundum powder, charcoal and steel alloy as well. http://www.pwmap.ru/pwi/ there is a nice map of where the resources are located, although the type you are looking for might be in a different location than on the map, but nonetheless something will be there for you. Just get accustomed to a regular route and maybe play PW windowed and watch something in between the mines/herbs to keep up the spirit, unless you are very determined. I also use auction a lot to sell herbs I don't use, drops or at times some snow hare eggs I tame on my low level veno ( it's the only reason she exists ) Regarding herbs : put some research into which herbs will probably be most demanded and focus on them instead of the others, unless you have the space for them. TT ( Twilight Temple ) runs can be worth it as well if the materials drop that you are looking for.

I tried soloing FB 29 at around 67 or so and it's doable, you could try that for possible mold and item drops, but you probably need quite a few runs for it to pay off, and it's usually is a waste of pots/powders. Depending on how many pots/powders you have you could offer your "help" in BH's for possible drops you might get.

Although I try to get as much coin as I can get, don't let people wait for you for like 10-15mins just to save a few thousand of coins.. I find leveling important, but coins are equally if not more important. If you are not rich, don't bother to use coin to get more EXP, period ( Crazy stone being an exception if it's affordable ) But whenever you have the time, don't use the x thousand coins teleport and just fly.

And finally about the skills, of course a few skills are worth maxing at your level depending on which type of Cleric you want to be ( support or full attack ) But if you are low on coin I suggest you put your time into making more coin instead of leveling it, life isn't always fun so neither are games, just take your time to collect some coins and be patient.

This is my experience so far, and I have lvl 4 BS, nearly lvl 4 tailor and lvl 4 apothecary with a home-made TT70 weapon which I bought all the mats for and I have 3.2mil in my safe. Also, I almost never buy equipment unless it's really, really worth it. So far I only bought one piece except for my tt60 weapon dude to insuffcient funds. All my necessary skills as a support Cleric are maxed for solo heal that is, but it only takes 1-2 seconds to switch to another target to "save" On a side note : a person with very low hp can only be saved by wellspring surge casted once or twice and then stack ironheart. My other support skills are, purify lvl 7, revive lvl 10, stream of rejuvenation lvl 1, chromatic healing beam lvl 1, all the squad buffs, Heaven's wrath and Regeneration Aura, blessing of the purehearted lvl 1 ( Chi builder ) The "offensive" skills are like this : Cyclone lvl10 , plume shot lvl10 , wield thunder lvl 4, Razor Feathers lvl 8, tempest level 1. Elemental seal lvl 5, dimensional seal lvl 1, silent and chromatic seal at lvl 1, metal mastery at 5 and the not-fitting-in-this-list flight mastery at 10 to be cheap.

So far for my little noob guide, don't be offended I'm a noob as well but I try to learn. Just wanted to share this with people who have Cleric as their main character and to show that you can make quite some coin if you put the effort into it.
Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Post edited by Kawakami - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Before lv60 dont ever bother to get rich with a cleric cause its a time waste.
    Lv60-70 you can use AoE grind, best way to get rich on those lvs(DQ, colored glue and ect...).
    70+ TT your life out.....

Farming and selling mats (specially herbs) is not worth it. Selling USubs can make you a profit but i rather use them to sub a TT run and make more...
    b:dirty
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    a good way to make coin is to save all regular mats ans sell them a 1k or 2 below the normal.

get the apo path and make recovery pots. the necessay mats is normally at the same place as your quests.

do GV (you can be afk most of the timeb:chuckle)

do TT.

keep DQ!! DQ quest = faster lvling = less time before being able to TT. and TT=money.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    keep DQ!! DQ quest = faster lvling = less time before being able to TT. and TT=money.

Honestly? The only reason I grind nowadays is to get the DQ to sell. Since I don't have the patience to catshop, that's my best source of money outside of the occasional TT run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Embia - Dreamweaver
    Embia - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Or you just buy some gold for real money and sell it :)

10 gold = 15 million coins, or something, someone buy it for that what i remember, but i can have get it wrong.
  • Afirmitave - Harshlands
    Afirmitave - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I found this really helpful as a new player, thanks for posting guys. b:laugh
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Honestly? The only reason I grind nowadays is to get the DQ to sell. Since I don't have the patience to catshop, that's my best source of money outside of the occasional TT run.

yea i started doing that too now -.-

college is taking too much time for money grindb:surrender

but still log > BH+CS+quests = lvl > logb:laugh
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yea i started doing that too now -.-

college is taking too much time for money grindb:surrender

but still log > BH+CS+quests = lvl > logb:laugh

Like a fellow student, i can say that later on it will be:
    log > BH >log

>.<
    b:dirty
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Start a veno if u can, just lvling it up by grinding is a great way to make money. Much easier than a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Start a veno if u can, just lvling it up by grinding is a great way to make money. Much easier than a cleric.

That';s true, but that will make everything take much longer as well. I prefer to focus on my main and not have to rely another char to be able to play him.

But yeah, I probably missed a few things feel free to add any additions :p
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Dragonspack - Lost City
    Dragonspack - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    um i heard there is a website that tells you wat mob has the best drop rate for the day does eny one know wat the web site is
  • Lumiinos - Sanctuary
    Lumiinos - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Best way to make money from TTs is 2-2 squad high in my opinion. Get a group of people who know how to play their character well and farm the hell out of it with a group containing a Barb, BM, Veno, Arch and you the cleric. Hopefully the ppl you run with have their skills lvled (archers ST especially) and the veno needs to be able to tank Fataliqua, Soulripper, and Astrawalker. I have been able to do this run in about 45-50minutes. Even on bad runs everybody gets at least 400-500k. on good runs double that.
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Before lv60 dont ever bother to get rich with a cleric cause its a time waste.
    Lv60-70 you can use AoE grind, best way to get rich on those lvs(DQ, colored glue and ect...).
    70+ TT your life out.....

Farming and selling mats (specially herbs) is not worth it. Selling USubs can make you a profit but i rather use them to sub a TT run and make more...

when u said that i was really annoyed b:angryb:angryb:angry

im a cleric , i got first mil level 23, 2nd mil 27, 3rd mill 33, 4th mil 37, 5thh mil 45, and so on , at my current level i would be very rich..... but then came the anniversary packb:sad
  • Danstin - Sanctuary
    Danstin - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ehh i got friend's that run me in tt 1-1 1-2 2-1 they are all 95's and over that help me and let me keep what ever i want well somethings that i really dont need i give them and such but other's i keep and use for later maybe i made 20mil in 3 hours after 4 tt 2-1 runs 1 right after the other lol.