This Games hard, -.-

dazmo
dazmo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Chronicles
Well, it's hard for me.. its taken me like.. 2 weeks to reach lvl 9, and today i played for ages... doing quests and killing monsters... is there a faster way of lvling?
Post edited by dazmo on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Doing your quests is the easiest method early on. It would make it easier for people to offer advice if they knew your class and your server, btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear
    Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you can get lvl 1-19 in under 20h. I have seen some ppl doing it under 12h.

The best solution would be get a party. Do the same quest.
    Party of 2 ppl, 50%less killing.
    Party of 3 ppl, 70%less killing,
    and so on.

With auto pathing feature questing is easy.

Grab a few quests in one area, and do them all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]That my veno. b:bye
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If it's hard already: give up and find an easier game.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    If it's hard already: give up and find an easier game.

Troll elsewhere please.

Anyway, the game can take a little getting used to at first. What class are you and what's your exact build/stats and we might be able to help you better. What problems are you having exactly? Like for example do you find you lose hp too fast and need to meditate often?
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Imagine if the TS is a veno.. Omg I hope not. If so just really quit now..
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • dazmo
    edited October 2009
    It's just that im confused with what to do, i spend hours walking around towns not knowing what to do :)
    I cant w8 to get to lvl 20, i want a mount.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dazmo wrote: »
    It's just that im confused with what to do, i spend hours walking around towns not knowing what to do :)
    I cant w8 to get to lvl 20, i want a mount.

Press Q to bring up the quest menu and it will show your current quests. Clicking "Find Quest" will find you even more quests to do. If you're stuck on where to go then check the quest description. The required npc/monster will be named in green, clicking this will auto-path, meaning it leads you directly where to go.

There are a lot of confusing NPC's and names at first, but for now ignore them and just concentrate on quests and the basics, the rest will come later.

Also mounts are available at 20, but only from the boutique or cash shop and are very expensive to buy ingame. However at level 30 you will receive a free flying mount.

Hope that helps.
  • dazmo
    edited October 2009
    Tyvm :)
    Tbh, this game seems really boring for me atm, but i've seen PW videos and the awesome shiny mounts, i guess when u get higher level it would be very fun.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol, 2 weeks to lvl 9?
    It took me an hour
    =____________=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Maybe you should find some friends in it. Ask around, you may find some one special to make it a little easier to understand, and hang out with. It really is a beautiful game, give it another chance man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Tyvm :)
    Tbh, this game seems really boring for me atm, but i've seen PW videos and the awesome shiny mounts, i guess when u get higher level it would be very fun.

The hardest thing to do sometimes is just gathering the motivation to go do those quests when you know they're gonna send you halfway across the map and back again for a few measly exp. This game has alot going for it, and more being added constantly.... but it does have it's boring moments and the asian grinder concept can sap your mojo, why do you think high levels hang around towns and PK? Because they're bored.
  • bayak
    bayak Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Do you know how to distribute your skill points and get skills?
  • dazmo
    edited October 2009
    Yes, i am going to be a LA Wizard, 3 Mag, 1 Dex 1 Str every level, but i'm not sure how to distribute my skills.
  • Ladyrain - Lost City
    Ladyrain - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That's why you are finding it hard. Wizards are extremely difficult to play at the beginning. They only start to get enjoyable at about level 60 and above. You might want to roll a venomancer (hands down easiest class to play) to start the game. After you are more familiar with the mechanics of the game, then choose what you like, or even go back to your wizard.
  • gggame
    gggame Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It took me an extreme short time to reach lvl 9.
  • dazmo
    edited October 2009
    Oh.... ic, maybe ill make a veno and get used to the game before making a wiz :)
    Thanks.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think the easiest Class to play for the 1st time is BladeMaster.

if you're not a gamer, it's quite hard to play Veno.
    I invited my friend (who is non-gamer) to play this game, she play Veno and tottaly clueless about Pet system and which Skills to Upgrade between Human/Fox form.

with BladeMaster, you just need to click Mob then attack, at lower level, doesn't matter which Skill you upgrade, it's all useful (except starting Skill).

if you're a Gamer, it's easy to play all-Class.
    but if you're non-gamer, I suggest BladeMaster.

at least until you know about the Game-System, then you can make new Char, with Class you really like between those 6 :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Keep in mind that you can always switch classes later. So if you try veno, and realize it's not easy for you, you're not obligated to keep playing it. Try as many classes as you want before you find your favorite b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've played all classes before I decided what I wanted to be b:chuckle
    that way it's easyer to find out what playing style you like the best ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    roll a barb. first 9 levels you just don't die. period.
    and skills? you'll only have two skills to worry about that whole time b:laugh very easy. just keep current gear at all times.

my build:
    (order of operations prevails)
    STR = 3 * my level + 2
    DEX = my level / 2 + 5
    MAG = base points
    VIT = All leftover points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Lady - Harshlands
    Lady - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    doing-it-wrong.jpg
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The OP's a troll. Just yesterday made a thread about endgame content (or lack there of :p).

So yea, you've been rick roll'd.
    b:dirty
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    this game hard? this is like easyest mmo lol.
    and.. 1-30 = first day posible. average i guess ppl get 20 first day?
    then 45-50 in a week or so( unless palying veno, then higher possible)
    and btw this is solo.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lmao baby thats how it is for most people when they start playing this game, whether they are an experienced gamer or not. dont worry as you become more familiar wih it, it will seem easy :)
  • BentMoon - Dreamweaver
    BentMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It can be hard at leveling but everything else sems to be quite easy to do...if you know what you are doing.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know its been said already, but up till around lvl 30 or so, your quests are the easiest way to lvl. BM/Barb are prolly the easiest classes to start with. Skills are very simple, as are the stat builds. Veno is also kinda simple, but it takes practice to get good at it. Archer, Cleric, and Wiz are prolly the hardest classes if youre just starting out in PW. Play around with BM/Barb till you figure out the skill/stat system, then the other classes will be easier. Also, if you have a question about class builds or skills, hit up the class forums. The vast majority of your questions about your chosen class will be answered there.
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well, it's hard for me.. its taken me like.. 2 weeks to reach lvl 9, and today i played for ages... doing quests and killing monsters... is there a faster way of lvling?

o.O how is it possible to take 2 weeks to hit lv 9 ...i juust started a new character today and hit lv 9 in about an hr or 2
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i can get level 1-20 in 6-12 hours, depending on how many smoke breaks i take, and how focused i stay on leveling

i can get 20-30 in about 1-2 days, depending on how focused i stay on leveling, and how many food and restroom breaks i take

i can get 30-40 in about 3-5 days, depending on how focused i stay on leveling, and how much i sleep

40+ i stop caring about plvling lol

two weeks for level 9.... that's just epic fail no matter your excuse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The OP's a troll. Just yesterday made a thread about endgame content (or lack there of :p).

So yea, you've been rick roll'd.

This guy won't believe it. He actually thinks the game is actually hard at that level:
    Troll elsewhere please.

Anyway, the game can take a little getting used to at first. What class are you and what's your exact build/stats and we might be able to help you better. What problems are you having exactly? Like for example do you find you lose hp too fast and need to meditate often?

-Or maybe he's a trolls accomplice. b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That's why you are finding it hard. Wizards are extremely difficult to play at the beginning. They only start to get enjoyable at about level 60 and above. You might want to roll a venomancer (hands down easiest class to play) to start the game. After you are more familiar with the mechanics of the game, then choose what you like, or even go back to your wizard.

Actually i disagree I creating a LA wizard and it took me two weeks to hit lvl 38, but I will admit experienced. And from what I've seen pre 60 isn't that bad. I'm having a lot of fun with DB and the great damage is nice too :). If you spend a lot of time playing one class you learn to appreciate what you didn't have (barbs= no range and bad damage, in fact my lvl 38 wizard's nuke hits almost as hard as a sparked normal hit for my barb..)
    Yes, i am going to be a LA Wizard, 3 Mag, 1 Dex 1 Str every level, but i'm not sure how to distribute my skills.

I'm using the same for my wizard and I'm loving it!!! You make up all the damage you miss with the crits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
This discussion has been closed.