heavy armor fist cleric

_Krue_ - Heavens Tear
_Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
I'm making one, for fun.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me any tips on what i should do to inhanse the gameplay for a heavy armor fist cleric.

What skills i should max first

What should i shard my gear with

ect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
Post edited by _Krue_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Fist = high dex
    HA = high str
    Mag weapon = high mag...

You're going to need to divide your points out between them. It's going to be a little hard for you because I made an HA veno and you have to be extremely careful with your points. Because I like to use a melee weapon, I have very high str. I have to balance the str with the mag and the dex I keep as low as possible. The problem with this is that 1. she currently has a really sucky magic weapon and 2. her HP suffers for lack of vit points.

That said, you can either try to find ornaments to add to stats you're lacking in or get ornaments to replace points you won't be adding to that area (like to add points into dex so that you can put points into magic). Tomes are also handy if you can get some made.

Shard with Citrines in your armor to make up for lack of vit points.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It is ok I saw cleric wearing a Misty Forest ring and another attack ring.I don't know why though as it had a magic sword.It was LA as well pretty gimpy build.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To use current leveled fists and heavy armor is:

2 dex per level
    2.5 str per level

Leaving you with .5 magic per level. Your heals will be so weak, you'd get more healing going BM and using Sutra for healing.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To use current leveled fists and heavy armor is:

2 dex per level
    2.5 str per level

Leaving you with .5 magic per level. Your heals will be so weak, you'd get more healing going BM and using Sutra for healing.
    oh that makes me want to change my mind about it b:shocked

HMM I WANT A WEIRD BUILD CLASS...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver
    MiliaFallyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LA Fist Foxform All Dex Veno b:victory
  • oversea
    oversea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009

^^
    not gonna happen b:chuckle
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Been tried, can't foxform with a melee weapon like that. Either unarmed, or magical instrument. Otherwise they would make better fisters than BMs, with their higher mastery bonus. Have to do it in human form if using fists.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It is ok I saw cleric wearing a Misty Forest ring and another attack ring.I don't know why though as it had a magic sword

You can refine for +phys defence but you shouldnt really bother with this unless the ring has very good bonus stats. I did wear a might ring that had +8 magic for a short while tho.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You can't use ANY skills as a cleric unless using a magic weapon, which renders even trying any exotic build moot.
    b:dirty
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You can't use ANY skills as a cleric unless using a magic weapon, which renders even trying any exotic build moot.

^ This

I have a Bow for fun, but you can only use the basic attack. You cannot even buff with it on.

It does make for easy pulling and then a quick hotkey push for Mag weapon and you are good to go b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    Myerling - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well skill usage isn't really the issue, as you can switch from fist to bare fist for sleep, debuffs, etc. you can potentially hold people in place with the seals, genie skills, debuff while they're asleep, and finally you have decent amounts of protection in the form of the 79 skills. (i don't include plume shell here because your mana pool would be in the gutters)

however the major problem with this is that your accuracy and evasion from dex is low compared to a bm's, your hp is going to be much lower than a fist bm, and the most serious deficiency is that bms switch around weapons in different situations for different abilities - nobody good sticks with just fists :-/
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You can refine for +phys defence but you shouldnt really bother with this unless the ring has very good bonus stats. I did wear a might ring that had +8 magic for a short while tho.

Did you read my post I said I saw a cleric not me but another one with this set up.I am hybrid Arcane build.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Did you read my post I said I saw a cleric not me but another one with this set up.I am hybrid Arcane build.

yah u said you saw ep with might ring but didnt know why he wore them because he had magic sword. I tried to give a reason why he might be wearing them. =_='
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010