nix flesh ream

Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
So to bring up more QQ, the flesh ream on a nix (or any pet for that matter).. is it really a bug? Seems like everyone thinks it is, (same dmg in pvp as in pve) but I was hoping for a GM response.
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes, it is a major bug that has been around for too long, but you wont get any GM response. They cant say no because its not true and they cant admit it cuz then the game pop would once again spam these forums to force them into fixing something that was supposed to be fixed ages ago.

Expect the thread to be closed with a vague post neither denying nor admitting.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Yes, it is a major bug that has been around for too long, but you wont get any GM response. They cant say no because its not true and they cant admit it cuz then the game pop would once again spam these forums to force them into fixing something that was supposed to be fixed ages ago.

Expect the thread to be closed with a vague post neither denying nor admitting.

haha time will tell.. although i'd guess your right :)
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    they're going to say this thread is spam, thus avoiding the topic entirely b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hmm... claw + flesh ream = lots of damage. Flesh ream = physical damage.

On a robe wearer can mean 1 shot kill. I've never one shotted anyone wearing heavy armor, nor even come close to it. I see no bugs. b:puzzledb:question
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009

On a robe wearer can mean 1 shot kill. I've never one shotted anyone wearing heavy armor, nor even come close to it. I see no bugs. b:puzzledb:question

That was sarcasm I hope...

It's not an instant one-shot so it must be fine?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009

veno bias(im not even gonna try to convince you its bugged, but it's either bugged or unbalanced, just hoping for an answer as to what it is)... still waiting for GM response
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That was sarcasm I hope...

It's not an instant one-shot so it must be fine?

sarcasm? no way. Do you actually know the work involved to use flesh ream? All that effort, and it doesnt 1 hit ko, what a lame skill.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I though the of the QQ about the fleshream was finally over.. I guess not. b:surrender

P.S: InB4Lock b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Flesh Ream is reduced. It's just not reduced as much as everything else. I think it does 75% in PvP where everything else is 25%.

Oh and its working as intended.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If it was going to be fixed, it would have been a long time ago ever since the QQ about Flesh Ream/Ripping Bite started. xarfox made a comment about it that they are 'looking into it'. It's been like.. months.

Chances are the Flesh Ream bug is here to stay, whether we like it or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If it was going to be fixed, it would have been a long time ago ever since the QQ about Flesh Ream/Ripping Bite started. xarfox made a comment about it that they are 'looking into it'. It's been like.. months.

Chances are the Flesh Ream bug is here to stay, whether we like it or not.

I think the tread should be closed now before the QQ starts again. b:quiet b:cold b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think the tread should be closed now before the QQ starts again. b:quiet b:cold b:quiet

I think it shouldn't. <3 Nix QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009

i think a GM should respond first.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i think a GM should respond first.

They wont say anything that satisfies the population. They will post, but only to end the conversation by avoiding the initial question.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If they take a stance either way, it will be bad for them. They say nothing to avoid the problem it would cause.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    If they take a stance either way, it will be bad for them. They say nothing to avoid the problem it would cause.

running from their problems? you think they'd be that immature? I would hope not, but time will tell
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    once again i shall bestow knowledge upon you all that has been stated MANY times in the past...

flesh ream got QQ'd about on the (malay?) servers to the point that the devs FIXED it. then all the venos QQ'd and went into mass exodus... thus the devs BROKE IT again (back to how it was) and put it in a patch saying "it is now a feature" basically meaning "we want the veno money, tough **** everyone else"

^ true story
    running from their problems? you think they'd be that immature? I would hope not, but time will tell

i seriously hope you're joking...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    once again i shall bestow knowledge upon you all that has been stated MANY times in the past...

flesh ream got QQ'd about on the (malay?) servers to the point that the devs FIXED it. then all the venos QQ'd and went into mass exodus... thus the devs BROKE IT again (back to how it was) and put it in a patch saying "it is now a feature" basically meaning "we want the veno money, tough **** everyone else"

^ true story

i seriously hope you're joking...

Nah, people were crying about fleshream long before the nix was even introduced and venos were putting it on thier sawflies.... it didnt get "fixed" then and i doubt it will be "fixed" any time soon.

I don't think it's entirely about money either.... i think it's partially about money and partially about maintaining balance within the game.

I think most of us can agree that a veno with a nix is a little overpowered in PvP, but how many would venture to say that a veno with a sawfly and fleshream is overpowered???

What would happen if they nerfed fleshream on all pets? My guess would be Venos with nixes would still remain a formidable force to reckon with... and they would still sell plenty of nixes because it's still the best PvP pet in the game, and it would allow the veno to maintain just enough of an edge to make a worthy PvPer........ BUT, venos using sawflies and scorpions who can't afford nixes and were not so much "overpowered" in the first place will be hurt greatly in the PvP area, you have to remember Venos are pet based classes, thier pet IS thier weapon.

Now, on the other hand, lets say they only nerfed fleshream on the nix, and left the other pets in-tact, this would bring the nix down to the level of a sawfly or scorpion PvP wise..... who's gonna pay $200 for a pet as powerfull as a sawfly when they can go catch a sawfly for free???
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Adroit, not wanting to offend you, but if even I can survive 2 phoenixes with fleshream, while wearing robes, during a TW long enough to kill a BM and one of the venos, I really do not think it is all that, specialy it is not all that and a bag of chips like people are trying to make it. (Gota love apoc pots, genies and brumble) And by the way, I use a sawfly. (someday I will get a phoenix, i think)

From level 70-80 it may be very strong, since most people have **** for armor, since everyone is saving for their TT80 and higher gear. But once you come across people that are refining their gear, the Phoenix really looses quite a bit of its "opness".

I will give you that on a pvp server, getting jumped by a phoenix, if you did not see it coming, it will ruin your day, however, the same would happen if you got jumped by a archer that used triple demon spark before attacking you, or by a demon Barb.. or pretty much by any class that sparked and attacked first, if one was not paying attention.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    this is just my opinion (take it for what its worth) but considering what a veno actually has to go through or spend for the nix pet (took around 180 gold for my nix) seriously shouldn't it at least reflect what was spent? The day they fix flesh ream should be the day they lower what it takes to acquire.
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    AGAIN with the nix qq?

Guys, Go take a look at watcher of the earth. take a good long hard look at the genie skills. Everything u NEED to beat a veno with nix is THERE.

BEFORE genies, k, yeah i can SOMEWHAT understand the nix QQ, but NOW??? Come on-_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Who cares.. with anni packs every class not just one can cash shop their way to OPness.

/thread
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The QQ about flesh ream will never be over because people are lazy and have no desire to learn how to counter it, instead they whine and cry about it.

I don't think it is bugged. Unbalanced, maybe. But this game has been going on HOW long? If it was so 'game breaking' as so many scream and cry it would have been dealt with and the issue would be done.

~Saitada
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like your sig saitada
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    If you actually argue that nix is not bugged and perfectly balanced you are a fool.. thats not the point of this thread though. I'm just asking if a GM would confirm this is a bug or that this is how it was meant to be.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol, pro sig Adroit
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Lol, pro sig Adroit
    b:chuckle

thx b:thanks
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have nix but have not leveled it or put flesh ream on it... I know it is not possible for other classes but what I do is run around with my herc as a target blocker... if a nix does happen to come in and do the AOE special it gets wiped out by herc brambles... b:laugh

Sure golden boy is slow but hey... it's a nice nix shield since the nix has to come to you.
  • Yodenreal - Heavens Tear
    Yodenreal - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    its totally bugged.
  • LadyMunckin - Heavens Tear
    LadyMunckin - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yea its a bug and its only bugged when u flesh ream players (against mobs its not bugged) and its not just nix its all pet's flesh ream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.