Silver tame icon

Reddragonash - Harshlands
Reddragonash - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
What does that legend mean. I've noticed it in TT bosses and world bosses. Do they have the potential to be tamed? As in 1 in a million chance u could succeed? Does anyone know of it being done?
Post edited by Reddragonash - Harshlands on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's not a tame icon as non-veno classes can see it too.
    It's a skull to indicate that the mob is level 150 (shows as level [?]) and is therefore dangerous! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I thought it was the mob showing you what happened to the head of the previous person that tried to attack it.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i Thought It Was The Mob Showing You What Happened To The Head Of The Previous Person That Tried To Attack It.

^ This ^ Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    mobs that have that silver icon also take full damage from veno pets (TT veno OP-ness ftw)

also, only town guards with this symbol attack players who are rednamed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    mobs that have that silver icon also take full damage from veno pets (TT veno OP-ness ftw)
    Fail.
    normal players have damage cut by 3/4 against mobs that have that silver icon but ven pets deal full damage to them outside of flesh ream
    Fixed.
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That icon means the mob takes a reduction in damage from players. Pets bypass this reduction. I think its 75%.

Lvl [?] means the drops from the mob are always the same, no matter what the player's level who kills it.
  • Reddragonash - Harshlands
    Reddragonash - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I thought it was the mob showing you what happened to the head of the previous person that tried to attack it

I LOL ed :)

also, only town guards with this symbol attack players who are rednamed
    yea i just soled my first TT1-1 ^_^ no drops tho :( but it was funnnn as heck :)

thanks for answering my question ...would have been cool to have chintien as a pet ^_~

Ps..i dun know how to do quotes and that so pardon the lack of :)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop
    david12345 wrote: »
    That icon means the mob takes a reduction in damage from players. Pets bypass this reduction. I think its 75%.
    All mobs can have player reduction, based on level differences, so incorrect.

In the link provided, look at the final rightmost column "Damage multiplier". If you're even 5 levels under the mob, the damage reduction begins (at 90% damage). This trend continues until you're 40 or more levels below the mobs (at 25% damage). [?] mobs are considered level 150 in terms of this chart. And yes as stated pets ignore this damage reduction, whether its on a [?] mob or any normal mob thats 5+ levels above the player.
    david12345 wrote: »
    Lvl [?] means the drops from the mob are always the same, no matter what the player's level who kills it.
    Correct but for the wrong reasoning. Again it has to do with level differences.

Look at the second to right most column "Probability of getting items". As longer as you are below the mobs level, or up to 3 levels above it, no reduction occurs. The fact that its [?] doesnt mean no reduction occurs in a defacto sense. However in order to start nerfing the drop rate, the player would have to exceed level 150 by 3 or more levels, which isnt possible.

[?] are not level 150 mobs in a practical sense. They just act as level 150 in terms of charting out anything on the above link in dealing with comparitive levels to the players attacking them.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Fail.

Fixed.

there's no difference between what i original stated, and how you "fixed" it

nice try b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    there's no difference between what i original stated, and how you "fixed" it

nice try b:bye

I'm sure there's no difference between what you meant to post and what I corrected it to show, aside from me adding in extra information... which was the point of my bothering to do so in the first place.

However, anyone who read your post and took it at face value without knowing any better would be completely misguided. At face value, it's unclear and rather misleading to those who don't know any better, and would simply make you look foolish to those who do know better.

As you put it, "Nice try b:bye"