Reikara is quitting (For good)

Reikara - Heavens Tear
Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
No this aint any QQ PW sucks im leaving thread.

This is a hard core self ban from MMOs for Real life reasons. PW is awesome, too awesome in fact that it consumes most of my free time. Free time which I really need to be focusing into getting myself setup for my future and career.

Perfect world has just been one big addiction which I haven't been able to control. I feel the only way I can get rid of it is to quit, cold turkey and uninstall and push it out of my mind. I wont properly quit until all my friends know i'm leaving, but this message is for any friends on the forum and in game.

All the best to you all, and to perfect world with the new expansion of the tideborn. Would've been fun, but I need to say enough is enough.
If I don't quit i'll just be working in a cafe for the rest of my life lol. I know some people have said aww just take a break for a couple months and come back but~

My mind set is like "aww just 5 more mins.. (3 hours later) aww.. just 10 more mins?" Sometimes you need to stop and take a look at yourself. Is it really helping you in anyway? Is it really getting you anywhere? I hope other people that get addicted too can relate and maybe take note, sometimes you just have to put your foot down.

I really don't want to leave, pw is awesome, however real life is far more important than digital dungeons and characters xD
Good bye and good luck in life friends, players and even enemies and an early merry chirstmas. I'll be around just for the next day or so, but i'm going so ~

Good bye Perfect World!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Reikara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That's a shame. We'll miss you and your posts. Still, life has to be tended to and PWI will still be here when you can and want to come back. So take care....whoever you are. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know what you mean. Soon enough I will have to do the same thing your doing now. b:surrender But not just yet.

Best of luck out there in the world b:shocked b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bye my fellow fox.b:shedtear
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No this aint any QQ PW sucks im leaving thread.

Oh whew, someone who's actually going to quit then rather than just make empty threats like all the QQers.
    This is a hard core self ban from MMOs for Real life reasons. PW is awesome, too awesome in fact that it consumes most of my free time. Free time which I really need to be focusing into getting myself setup for my future and career.

I applaud your dedication to getting your priorities straight. Maybe once you figure out how to just use PWI during your down time we'll see you back. Good Luck and Best Wishes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I wish you all the best, Rei.
    Did not know you personally, but your forum posts will be missed b:sad

Go, and make the best out of your life!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    GL in Real Life
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    See you again soon :)
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    They all say that.

See you back in 2 weeks time.
  • Roriror - Lost City
    Roriror - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You'll be back...

you know that PW is no longer an addiction for you..

these people have become somewhat a family..

you wouldn't leave your family would you?

ha jk. GL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Why quitting? Just leave the faction and you can play alone, when you will have time. 2-3h per week. It not hurry. You will level up slower, but it doesn't matter does it?b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Aww, sad to see you go.

Keep up the good work IRL and come back when you're super rich and famous?
    TBH, I'm doing the same sort of thing for now, as I have much more important things, like finding work and scraping enough money together for food and such.

Good Luck and most of all, have fun! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I left for the exact same reasons you did. As sad as it may seem, PW really did consume most if not all of my time and being a first year university student, I really need all the time I can get. I personally deleted my characters back in July and well now they're gone for good lol. Kudos to you, glad to see you've made the right decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You will be missed, Rei.

Good luck in rl.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • AkioHikaru - Sanctuary
    AkioHikaru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My mind set is like "aww just 5 more mins.. (3 hours later) aww.. just 10 more mins?" Sometimes you need to stop and take a look at yourself. Is it really helping you in anyway? Is it really getting you anywhere? I hope other people that get addicted too can relate and maybe take note, sometimes you just have to put your foot down.

WQ, if flying 1 hour
    BH, 1 hour (sometimes longer if waiting for slow pokes to get mats for wines)
    TT, 2-3 hours (depending on which one)
    Quests 1 hour or so
    Rebirth (3 hours)
    Farming mats (this gets addicting for me..."just 1 more batch of mats")

Its different for everyone...but the point is this game can and will suck a huge chunk of your day. Ever since BH came out (lucky if multiple) I feel PW has become a second job.

After taking a some time off I realized that you cannot accomplish everything you want and still have free time for other things. I cannot quit since I've spent too much RL money and time lost. Besides I hate tv (omg another reality show).

And quitting this is harder than when I quit smoking.

So where does that leave you? You want to quit but want less time. My advise is to focus on 1 thing per day. Want money? Just do TT or grind for it. Leveling? Devote that time.

In the end you won't feel so guilty for all those hours per day spent in game.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Take it easy Reikara, you can always visit! b:victory Did you read this?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Moved to Off-Topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    From what I read I can only conclude one thing : you will run from your problem until you face it again, then repeat the process. It's better to still play but keep your priorities straight, I will not say goodbye to you.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I wish you all the best, Rei.
    Did not know you personally, but your forum posts will be missed b:sad

Go, and make the best out of your life!
    this ^^
    im bout to QQ b:cry ill miss the fox in the siggy u have b:cry
    GOOD LUCK THO b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If you feel like this is the right thing to do then it's all good. A game is just a game in the end, life is much more important. Good luck!
    Did you read this?
    Interesting, poor guy, but I can understand what he's talking about. I wanted to have best gear, highest lvl, and so on... well that was in the previous MMO I was playing, here I play for fun alone, no running after spectacular gear, no more trying to be highest lvl, no more anything that could get me frustrated. Some nice clothes and a bit of chatting with friends and I'm all good. The only thing I worked for in PWI was the Herc, and I stopped playing for a few weeks after I got most SoF, I was that sick of it. As long as you don't let the game take over your life there won't be any problems. b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Take it easy Reikara, you can always visit! b:victory Did you read this?

A good article and I think might mirror a good amount of "gamers" out there, unfortunately. It is really all about balance. If someone begins to feel off that balance, it is time to take a step back and take a break or quit.

I do have to say though....the game advertisement on the bottom of that article b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So long, and have a nice life. I hope you are able to use your new found freedom from the world of PWI to do many great things. Good bye and good luck! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    diddo

10 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    now who will kill teh nasty barb's b:cry

one day ima come to this too, anyways have fun and prosper well in life ^^
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I doubt I'll stay with PWI for another year either. Time's coming to an end for most of us. b:shocked
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Tata Rei, maybe I'll see you sometime, you just won't know, nor care. <3
    edited October 2009
    lolzwut

10 char

• Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:sad

Aww, well good luck in life and all you have to do ^^ I'm sure you'll do great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No Way Rei!!!! You still owe me a duel remember?!

To put things simple...No need to quit, just try to control your time. I know its harder to do, but pays off in time!

You'll always heve some free time, you can log in, have a bit fun for an hour or so and log off. No need to be in a guild either.

As the ancient greeks said "Pan metron Ariston" in english its like "Moderation is the best thing". Dont cut off your life things you really enjoy, just moderate how much time you spend there!

C ya around Rei :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    good advise

• izzysfbd
    izzysfbd Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i have real life to but this is better lol i find time to play not much but some lol