Choosing the right fist.

dieoh
dieoh Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
Hi there, hoping someone can give me some insight.

Im a lvl 78 Axe BM, but i wont hide how intrigued i am by fists and tanking.

Basically right now im pondeing what to choose for fists whenevr i have to tank.

To start off at lvl 80 im getting the gold TT wristguards which come with
.05 interval bonus, and im considering getting something else, but bsides wristguards, any accesory or armor that gives inerval bonus?.

As for weapon, im not sure, yesterday i found this super cheap
3 star lvl 73 fists with 4str/ .05 interval bonus. There also these 3 star fists of the same lvl with the bonus "increases ur threat lvl" bonus.
For tanking, which would be better?

Or should i fcus on a TT/mold fists? Im not sure which is the best to pick interms of tanking/better dmg/dps.

After i make my choice ill refine and shard it for sure.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by dieoh on

Comments

• Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dieoh wrote: »
    Hi there, hoping someone can give me some insight.

lets hope i can help
    Im a lvl 78 Axe BM, but i wont hide how intrigued i am by fists and tanking.

i can see why. fists? use them to tank? madness.
    Basically right now i'm pondering what to choose for fists whenevr i have to tank.

To start off at lvl 80 im getting the gold TT wristguards which come with
    .05 interval bonus, and im considering getting something else, but besides wristguards, any accessory or armor that gives inerval bonus?

to my knowledge, theres no other piece of gear that would give you -interval other than the fists themselves and the ashura set. but thats hh99 gold.
    As for weapon, im not sure. yesterday i found this super cheap
    3 star lvl 73 fists with 4str/ .05 interval bonus. There also these 3 star fists of the same lvl with the bonus "increases ur threat lvl" bonus.
    For tanking, which would be better?

the first one. 4 str and -interval = good. provoke = bad. not only do you hit more often with the -interval fists, but if they have sockets, you can shard 'em up and keep agro easier.

heres a story:

i was once an off tank for an hh60 pug (i think the main tank was wearing arcane armour or or the cleric wasn't doing his/her job) and i thought a pair of fists with provoke that a mob dropped would be better suited to keep agro rather than my main fists. boy, was i wrong. i lost agro with the provoke fists to the lvl 67 archer more times than i care to admit. as soon as i switched back, agro was mine and i maintained it easily. needless to say i dropped them and never looked back.

Or should i fcus on a TT/mold fists? Im not sure which is the best to pick interms of tanking/better dmg/dps.

well, i can definitely recommend you get the highest level fists you can. higher level means more attack power which means less work for you. not to mention hh80 buddha fists give you an increase in attack and p-def so those are the natural choice.
    After i make my choice ill refine and shard it for sure.

i hope i helped you in your decision.

Thanks in advance.

you're welcome.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lets hope i can help

i can see why. fists? use them to tank? madness.

to my knowledge, theres no other piece of gear that would give you -interval other than the fists themselves and the ashura set. but thats hh99 gold.

the first one. 4 str and -interval = good. provoke = bad. not only do you hit more often with the -interval fists, but if they have sockets, you can shard 'em up and keep agro easier.

heres a story:

i was once an off tank for an hh60 pug (i think the main tank was wearing arcane armour or or the cleric wasn't doing his/her job) and i thought a pair of fists with provoke that a mob dropped would be better suited to keep agro rather than my main fists. boy, was i wrong. i lost agro with the provoke fists to the lvl 67 archer more times than i care to admit. as soon as i switched back, agro was mine and i maintained it easily. needless to say i dropped them and never looked back.

well, i can definitely recommend you get the highest level fists you can. higher level means more attack power which means less work for you. not to mention hh80 buddha fists give you an increase in attack and p-def so those are the natural choice.

i hope i helped you in your decision.

you're welcome.

do not listen to him he thinks fist tanking is horrible and doesnt know that most tt gear gold gives you - interval >.> also saying that only fists can come with - interval is really incorrect. fist bm is the best type of tank adding in the - interval helps out alot cause it works constantly unlike the provoke with is a chance i am going down the path to get the fists with the added range to them but most bms will disagree with that choice but hey the choice is mine right?. capes also provide - interval along with a couple other pieces. but as for tt or mold i went mold till tt 80 but i was making my tt with them and i used the molds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Esque - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    do not listen to him he thinks fist tanking is horrible and doesnt know that most tt gear gold gives you - interval >.> also saying that only fists can come with - interval is really incorrect. fist bm is the best type of tank adding in the - interval helps out alot cause it works constantly unlike the provoke with is a chance i am going down the path to get the fists with the added range to them but most bms will disagree with that choice but hey the choice is mine right?. capes also provide - interval along with a couple other pieces. but as for tt or mold i went mold till tt 80 but i was making my tt with them and i used the molds.

don't trust this guy. his paragraph has like....4 sentences. he also has trouble reading.

and grammar issues.

just like me.

we both can't be trusted.

but seriously, escorian, do you honestly think this dude has that tome with -.05 or the lunar cape? if he did, i don't think he would be asking about -interval. secondly, i do think tanking with fists is bad, but then again, as stated quite a few times before, i'm light armour. thus, ME tanking = bad/fun as hell (usually depends on your sense of humour).

edit: upon re-re-re-reading your post because you don't know what commas and periods are, nor do you know what "sentence structure" is (neither do i. i'm just feeling sassy haha), i want you to name 1 piece of gear that gives -interval other than that event tome (up and down or something), that lunar cape or whatever its called, and bracers. weapons don't count.

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    look at the thread fist bm endgame armor for - interval gear....got a few people to give full lists

fists for tanking are great if you can use the most current fists i would take skywarrior fists over dark flash myself...the ability is nice but the higher damage and the big + to vit you get are amazing or you can + the hell outa those crafed ones

that said buddah fists are amazing get them if you can use them

also if you intend to use fists max the weapon mastery max cyclone heel and learn to time shadowless kick it can be a lifesaver

*note invest in the geni skills wind sheild and relentless courage they provide better bonuses than most - gear at this lvl and are far cheaper...save for TT 90 and 99 (these are pwi forums not MY use the common terms plz)

looked up the prices on the gear im gonna need....hellow year of grindingb:cry

small tip for fist tanking...open with your fasest accelerator + 2x spark then just spam the hell out of spark eruption you should be able to every 15-18 seconds with lvled cyclone heel and decent geni skills

(only a lvl 71 fistie/everything else so feel free to laugh if i be wrongb:chuckle)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    don't trust this guy. his paragraph has like....4 sentences. he also has trouble reading.

and grammar issues.

just like me.

but seriously, escorian, do you honestly think this dude has that tome with -.05 or the lunar cape? if he did, i don't think he would be asking about -interval. secondly, i do think tanking with fists is bad, but then again, as stated quite a few times before, i'm light armour. thus, ME tanking = bad/fun as hell (usually depends on your sense of humour).

edit: upon re-re-re-reading your post because you don't know what commas and periods are, nor do you know what "sentence structure" is (neither do i. i'm just feeling sassy haha), i want you to name 1 piece of gear that gives -interval other than that event tome (up and down or something), that lunar cape or whatever its called, and bracers. weapons don't count.

What are you talking about... this is exactly what you said

You said absolutely nothing about lunar cape nor love up and down, he just pointed out that there was gear other than fists and the TT99 light armour set (yes the TT99 heavy armour set gives -.05 interval too) that gives - interval. Also fist bm with -interval gear can hold aggro the best out of the 4 weapons, however will probably be the most lacking in hp so it depends on the boss.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009

and grammar issues.

just like me.

>.> even Axes can be produced with -.3 interval on them maybe you should do some research before you try to tell other people how to build a char and the gear they should go with.b:surrenderb:bye

as for my sentence structure who cares? its all there it all helps i could care less if i have periods commas and all that other **** its a forum not a resume.

also as was previously stated you said 2 things that come with - interval and i pointed out stuff and also a lvl 1 could have the damn love up and down tomb and use it cause of this anniversary packs so who knows what he has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    stfu with the flaming pleaseb:angry

this person wants real info not yet ANOTHER fist axe debate (i thought we fixed tis once and for all on the "fist damage dosent suck thread")good read btw if you wanna see how biased people used to be agianst us fisties or just want a good laugh

fists are most effective weapon for holding aggro (im 71 and if i chain sparks not even low 8x+ axes wizzies or archers can hold it. ok undine'ing wizzies can lol)

note we are not barbs they tank better than we ever wil but you will rip there aggro HARD if you spark chain accelerated fists if your only dd just use myriad or HF to make barbs life easy n assist with counter on every other spell

however the problem is for the corect fist build is that you will have 5 vit..that is all lol ever

armor makes the bm not weapon though, axes and poles need misties (hell we all do)swords get huge bootss from + str gear and fists need a LOT of good hp shards and if they get - inrerval they are like phys dmg wizzies lol (exageration)

once again look on my thread "fist bm endgame armor" has a very nice list from some far more pro fisties than me and a lot of self spamin questions from me askin for more lol

there are mold bracers at lvl 60 and 80 with -.1 love up and down is great but hella price (i dont have either) but at your lvl with your 3* you can potentialy have -.2 if your rich

if your poor like me get wind sheild and relentless courage on a dex geni either way max cyclone heel and dont wase your time on fist ulti till demon when its actually usefull oh and get bolt of tyreseous finnaly got combo explained to me so ill share it

it gives an insane % weapon dmg add (260% i beleive) so just 2x spark quick skill or marrow and let one lose and enjoy your 560% damage strike

(note flawless citrine and +2 or +3 full tt 80 set of 1/2 and 1/2 la and heavy with at least 3 sockets you'll be just fine for hp if your clerics are any good)

as always i am falibal and often wrong if i **** up just let me knowb:chuckle
  • dieoh
    edited October 2009
    interval. secondly, i do think tanking with fists is bad, but then again, as stated quite a few times before, i'm light armour. thus, ME tanking = bad/fun as hell (usually depends on your sense of humour).

Lol wow LA. And Fist are proven best for tankng with interval gear due to the DPS.

also if you intend to use fists max the weapon mastery max cyclone heel and learn to time shadowless kick it can be a lifesaver

*note invest in the geni skills wind sheild and relentless courage they provide better bonuses than most - gear at this lvl and are far cheaper...save for TT 90 and 99 (these are pwi forums not MY use the common terms plz)

Thats a bit obvious but good to pointing it out=P
    [/QUOTE]

You said absolutely nothing about lunar cape nor love up and down, he just pointed out that there was gear other than fists and the TT99 light armour set (yes the TT99 heavy armour set gives -.05 interval too) that gives - interval. Also fist bm with -interval gear can hold aggro the best out of the 4 weapons, however will probably be the most lacking in hp so it depends on the boss.

The question is, the TT80 normal none has interval bonus(right?). So would a -interval lvl 81 3star fists wpud be better than the TT80? Or the TT80 dmg would be better option than the attack speed bonus?

As for HP and fists, depends on gear. I have 70 vit, and i have 5.4k HP unbuffed.
    Once i hit 80 and use my ful TT80 gold,sharded and refined ill mov some vit to dex/str
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol wow LA. And Fist are proven best for tankng with interval gear due to the DPS.

Thats a bit obvious but good to pointing it out=P

The question is, the TT80 normal none has interval bonus(right?). So would a -interval lvl 81 3star fists wpud be better than the TT80? Or the TT80 dmg would be better option than the attack speed bonus?

As for HP and fists, depends on gear. I have 70 vit, and i have 5.4k HP unbuffed.
    Once i hit 80 and use my ful TT80 gold,sharded and refined ill mov some vit to dex/str[/QUOTE]

If you're comparing dps then yes, - interval wrists would be better. Yeah I understand that just because one has low vit (i have 50) that it necessarily means low hp, I'm just saying that fist bms are forced to have the lowest vit, therefore an axe bm with the same gear could potentially have more hp.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    the - interval will hold aggro better true but the faith ability from buddah fists is amazing

(off topic) and you need souledge if you want zerk fists (easly the highest risk reward equip i know of lol) horribal for tanking but i am drawn to them like a moth to a burning dam building after its been doused in gasoline

lol ya i know most of my posts are redundant but so are most of these threadsb:pleased

and remember cyclone heel is gliched it only stacks with higher - interval once its reached a certain level

(note: try chaining sparks with a rb on lol)
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    with proper gears, a fist wr is obviously going to have aggro. I'm hitting 2.22/s with cyclone. 90 gold wrist+fw fist. I hold aggro from any tank that doesn't spam aggro skill+vigor pot/wf assist skill.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PvE AND PvP wise, the TT 80 Buddha Fists are nice ones.

I just got enough DEX to use mine and I absolutely love them. The Bless procs quite often due to the attack speed. The increase in attack or def are separated. From what I've seen so far, the def procs more often than attack. At one point, it was constantly activating that my def stay buffed for a long time. The bonus is REALLY nice for tanking to give you extra Pdef w/o you having to marrow and be vulnerable to boss's channel attacks. The attack bonus increase my attack values on the character list by about 10%, which is pretty nice consider that it's free bonus. Sure, they'll probably never out DPS the zerk fists, but they lead to zerk fists and are a better option PvE wise IMO.

The max attack +106 is nice so that you get higher "spike" dmg. Then there's the +12-13 DEX. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • X_Boot_x - Sanctuary
    X_Boot_x - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I gave up healing for more immediate methods.

x_Boot_x
    _WillFire_ ( retired )
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Ouch, those look like they cost an arm and a leg xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • X_Boot_x - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    rank 8 fist are terrible.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16104
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16110

those, to add to the collection.

Speaking of costing an arm and a leg. If I could get my hands on the Gorenox: Vanity set...

b:dirty

x_Boot_x
    _WillFire_ ( retired )
  • Mjyrn - Sanctuary
    Mjyrn - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    rank 8 fist are terrible.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16104
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16110

those, to add to the collection.

If you can afford it, I would DEFINITELY advise you to get the LG claws. b:victory
  • X_Boot_x - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Ouch, those look like they cost an arm and a leg xD.

Oh definately...but then at that level what else are you going to do?

x_Boot_x
    _WillFire_ ( retired )
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Buddha fists are great, they seemed to boost my character screen damage by 15%. It stacks with both the barb damage buff, and spark buff. So pretty decent addition.

Also, Tyrseus' main benefit isn't the 260% weapon damage (nice, but just keeps pace with myriad's 200% since sword refines more), but the 260% of base physical damage. That is where the obscene levels of damage come into play.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    lol ya sry i missed that part allb:bye
  • dieoh
    edited October 2009
    thanks for the replies.
    um only one person kinda answered me what asked on my 2nd post thugh =P-

Would Bddahs fist prove to be better at holding than a lvl 8x 3star fist with the interval per hit addition?.

so far my only -interval equip are the TT80 gold wrist that have the .05 interval.
  • Esque - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    woo hoo! i started some **** on the first page! but then it got all serious thereafter...

the buddha fists would be better at damage, but the 3stars have -interval...

after thinking about it for like..2 seconds (not really, less than that), i've decided that buddha fists are better.

• Esque - Lost City
    edited October 2009

LOL OMG LMFAO. YES I USE LIGHT ARMOUR. WOW. SO BAD.

and i love how when lyndura the fist hater said that fists suck and (almost) everyone agreed. now everyone is like "hey wait a second... fists are not that bad afterall!" and are making threads about fists left and right. why can't there be 1 central topic for everything fist, everything spear, etc etc.

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

and i love how when lyndura the fist hater said that fists suck and (almost) everyone agreed. now everyone is like "hey wait a second... fists are not that bad afterall!" and are making threads about fists left and right. why can't there be 1 central topic for everything fist, everything spear, etc etc.

Defended fists in faction last year, and have been making posts since April after my 3 months offline on here. Always liked fists, only made BM because of fist. It took about 3 of us arguing for the benefits of fist before people went from "fists suck all the time" to "fists are good for PvE 1 v 1 only". Just now getting it around to seeing how to make use of them in PvP, though no one will be convinced until lvl 99 fister with good refines starts posting. Didn't focus on being heavy armor over LA until I made a damage comparison. A way to be LA stat and cheat is use rank armor: no stat requirements on the legs or chest.

As for which is better at holding aggro, just look at attack speed times average damage between the two. Most likely Buddha's, since they have the damage proc. Also, there won't be that large a difference with only -.05 interval enough to offset buddha's higher base damage. Relying on provoke isn't as good.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009

>.> ever since before the dw server came out i was playing as a fist bm granted i only got to lvl 13 on sanc before i switched and came over here and made a fist bm but i loved being it i have never chosen any other weapon over fist the only time i use axes is during RB which i have to admit axes are better suited for but i will not use any other weapon over them. i made Escorian when the server was made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    ya (was a pure fistie during the dark ages of the axe....b:chuckle)

just now got the other 3 weapons but fists are still my fav by far waching your charecter rip aggro of a barb 2 wizzies n an archer with normal attacks ....it dosent end very well for you 1/2 the time but is fun as hell

(seriuosly if u use fists talk to your cleric beforehand...most wolnt beleive u can hit that hard but it preps them for when big n ugly turns n starts wailin on you...carry dews)
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Not quite sure what Esque's point was. People defending fists on forums didn't happen until April, and even then we weren't very informed. No one really knew how everything worked, so alot of it was supposition and trying to find info on how it did. And the BMs at the time who hated fist had no clue either, but didn't want to showcase their lack of knowledge. So really, it wasn't until recently after physical damage formula came out, and later effects of interval when affected by speed buffs, that any concrete thing could be written. And that is only a few months old. Maybe it is because a few people started fighting back against Lyndura's posts, started researching it, that others started to take note and experiment as well. Hence, all the new posts about fist builds, how to gear them, and how to build them.

The forums are here for that purpose. It allows for people to give advice, and for others to look up and read it. So of course there is a major increase in fist topics: there have long been tons of threads about axe, and many about spears in pvp. They are even listed in the guides, and up until recently the Lyndura guide basically wrote fists off as completely worthless. People will be curious when the pros of fists vs. only cons are shown, and want to know more. Though really, you should have at least been one of the people posting against lyndura if you were going to bring that up Esque.

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    b:chuckle Lyndura = queen of the axe drones and the anti fist

however she has written this this forums only truly decent guide that referances swords and poles useless fistwise and warmachines guide be better for axes

(note: i wanted to hit at least 70 with all weapons before i started posting on forums so i missed the great fist vs axe debateb:cry)
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    The real early ones were along the lines of " i like fist because i can eat paste with them still". Around April is when people tried using actual mechanics to check them, but no one really knew the actual effects and how they stacked. So it was pretty much guesswork, and some of the ones I posted back then are kinda funny to go back and read now :) They only started being good with damage formula and interval gear being established. Pretty much before this, people were dex based with no interval gear talking about how good fists were; a major reason of why they were so disparaged.

• dieoh
    edited October 2009
    Defended fists in faction last year, and have been making posts since April after my 3 months offline on here. Always liked fists, only made BM because of fist. It took about 3 of us arguing for the benefits of fist before people went from "fists suck all the time" to "fists are good for PvE 1 v 1 only". Just now getting it around to seeing how to make use of them in PvP, though no one will be convinced until lvl 99 fister with good refines starts posting. Didn't focus on being heavy armor over LA until I made a damage comparison. A way to be LA stat and cheat is use rank armor: no stat requirements on the legs or chest.

As for which is better at holding aggro, just look at attack speed times average damage between the two. Most likely Buddha's, since they have the damage proc. Also, there won't be that large a difference with only -.05 interval enough to offset buddha's higher base damage. Relying on provoke isn't as good.

I always enjoy reading your posts^^. /random

I made bold something ii ur post. You said that its only .05, and therefore the buddahs would still be better, is this taking in consideration my -.05 wristguards?