OK, enoughs enough

DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
I do love having events and all but dont you think that so many events back to back to back is just killing the economy of the servers.. In Dreamweaver for instance gold prices have stayed between 500K-600K per which raised the heck out of the auctioned items prices.. Before you could save up your coins and grind hard to get that legendary armor or weapon you wanted but at these prices there is no way in heck to do it.. The prices of mounts have gone so far out of wack from the gold prices too that a jaguar will cost you 10Mil.. ENOUGHS ENOUGH, lets try to go a week or two withOUT an event to bring the prices back down, I play on here to get away from the REAL WORLD problems to be just brought down with the economic situations here..

OH and before I start to get a bunch of flamin, whinning children I am a 38 year old father of 2 working 2 jobs to support my family. I have spent my fair share of cash on here and will spend more as time goes but this is getting a bit ridiculous..
Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
Post edited by DarkReCon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Spankmepls - Dreamweaver
    Spankmepls - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I do love having events and all but dont you think that so many events back to back to back is just killing the economy of the servers.. In Dreamweaver for instance gold prices have stayed between 500K-600K per which raised the heck out of the auctioned items prices.. Before you could save up your coins and grind hard to get that legendary armor or weapon you wanted but at these prices there is no way in heck to do it.. The prices of mounts have gone so far out of wack from the gold prices too that a jaguar will cost you 10Mil.. ENOUGHS ENOUGH, lets try to go a week or two withOUT an event to bring the prices back down, I play on here to get away from the REAL WORLD problems to be just brought down with the economic situations here..

OH and before I start to get a bunch of flamin, whinning children I am a 38 year old father of 2 working 2 jobs to support my family. I have spent my fair share of cash on here and will spend more as time goes but this is getting a bit ridiculous..

i agree with every word
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree with you the prices are ridicoulous sometimes between exam times I just log on to relax a bit but after I see the prices and see that I have no coins I end up closing it. Good luck with your jobs
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Old news I'm afraid. Even if people actually do quit when they say they do - or better still, the ones that just say "eff this" and leave without a word; no matter how many angry or displeased posts we make about the latest change; no matter what amount of grumbling, whining, complaining, or even valid objections we voice, the fact remains:

We are just voices on the internet, and easily ignored.

It's a depressing and troubling realization, to be sure. But how many displeased players, how many angry topics and whatnot have you seen come through here? Every time they update, there's a new wave of anguish, and by the end of the week it's dulled to a quiet annoyed mutter because we as a playerbase tend to just bend over and take it with reluctant acceptance.

You know when something in this game will truly change for the better?
    When someone physically travels to PWE's headquarters, finds the decision-makers responsible, and slaps the ever-lovin' bejeezus out of them.

That's when we'll see improvements instead of new sale 'events.'

Beat ya to it, Nuke. And more eloquently ;)
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm so glad someone finally had the nerve to make a thread on how much they hate the events and the economy!

Without your nerves of steel, the developers may have never known we were unhappy!

Truly, you are the voice of a generation.

Thanks you, sir. Thank you.
    edited October 2009
    I'm so glad someone finally had the nerve to make a thread on how much they hate the events and the economy!

Without your nerves of steel, the developers may have never known we were unhappy!

Truly, you are the voice of a generation.

Thanks you, sir. Thank you.

lol the thread will probally be locked and deleted anyway
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Old news I'm afraid. Even if people actually do quit when they say they do - or better still, the ones that just say "eff this" and leave without a word; no matter how many angry or displeased posts we make about the latest change; no matter what amount of grumbling, whining, complaining, or even valid objections we voice, the fact remains:

We are just voices on the internet, and easily ignored.

It's a depressing and troubling realization, to be sure. But how many displeased players, how many angry topics and whatnot have you seen come through here? Every time they update, there's a new wave of anguish, and by the end of the week it's dulled to a quiet annoyed mutter because we as a playerbase tend to just bend over and take it with reluctant acceptance.

You know when something in this game will truly change for the better?
    When someone physically travels to PWE's headquarters, finds the decision-makers responsible, and slaps the ever-lovin' bejeezus out of them.

That's when we'll see improvements instead of new sale 'events.'

Beat ya to it, Nuke. And more eloquently ;)

THIS man knows what he is talking about.

The internet means nothing. Words in print bear no weight, but numbers do.

If you want change, mail them. Its actually a pretty old way to get the job done.

Want the address? Here you go:

2200 Bridge Pkwy, Redwood City, CA‎

If you cant physically make it there, write your letters in a professional way, and then copy them. Take that 20-30 bucks you were gonna charge zen on, and let them know that you decided to 'waste' it on trying to convince them to change how they are running this game by buying postage to mail those letters out.

They have stepped over their boundaries, and they wont stop walking all over their player base until they have squeezed ever last dime out of everyone, and there is no more 'bending over and taking it'.....Everyone will leave, the company will collapse, and the ceo's and decision makers will move on to another revenue to tarnish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    You are right about us being just the voices to be ignored but I did have to make my say in the matter non the less.. LOL.. I wont be leaving the game for awhile still to come, I have multiple toons on multiple servers and have gotten my girls into it as well but needed to really say something on the overall economic situations on the servers.

HeavensTear:
    DarkReConC - Cleric (61)
    DarkReConV - Veno (48)
    DarkReCon - Wizard (61)

Dreamweaver:
    Liono - Barb (62)
    Foxy_Liona - Veno (63)
    DarkReCon - Cleric (35)
    Lady_Hiera - Archer (25)
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Inb4lock.

There is a 100+ page topic on this and nothing is being changed.
    edited October 2009
    lols thats a awesome idea ...now if only i had 20-30 dollars T_T
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    david12345 wrote: »
    Inb4lock.

There is a 100+ page topic on this and nothing is being changed.

No, there's a 100+ pg topic on the Anniversary Packs, specifically.
    This is a more general complaint on PWE's continuing trend (the last JJ, Anniv packs, Return of the Anniv. Packs, etc...) to ignore what's best for in-game economies and their playerbase, in favor of short-term gains.

Granted there are other threads on that too, and this one will probably be merged, locked/closed, or moved...
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was refering to the biggest current issue.

But if 100 pages don't so much as produce a single official response (read: not just a 2 line comment from a random mod, but an action), then 1000 pages won't either.
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Thats what I meant about a flamer post, this is not about the anniversary packs nor any other event that has been running FOREVER.. This has to do with the fact that the longer they run events then the farther and farther the economic stability is gonna get, think about it..

6 months ago a item in the boutique would run you 130K x (amount of gold) so a Spurred Jaguar would run you 20 gold or 2.6 million..

NOW that same Spurred Jaguar would run you 500K x (amount of gold) that comes out to 9 million..

Say the economy come back in a month or 2 and gold prices drop again, that person that baught that jag for 9 million is so far over/under they will never get thier money back..

CAN WE SAY TODAYS HOUSING MARKET, this comes to mind when I see this happening in here as well... This thread is to have a voice in the economic downfall in the servers weather it will be heard or not but you still have your voice.. If your gonna flame then go to the other thread..
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Heh, I don't have a job, so the only way I can get gold now is to get it through the game. All of my grant and scholarship money goes to school. b:shedtear

Personally, I don't mind it. I'd happily just sit around on my brother's cleric and farm rep for him while I wait. ^w^
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
This discussion has been closed.