How to make money fast

Gauthier - Heavens Tear
Gauthier - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Hey, im a lvl 85 archer and im allways broke, what should i do that will give me money fast?
Post edited by Gauthier - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Farm mats and herbs and grind a lot. Not much else you can do unless you're good at marketing. Quit cs, even quit bh if you need to pay wine, don't grind anything that **** your charm or pot supply. You might level slower but at 85 leveling fast costs money, so it's one or the other.

Then, near the end of the event use all the money you have and buy tokens. Wait a week or two and sell them off, that should almost double your coin.

Either that or charge zen.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    -Farm TT.
    -Farm RB for coins and shards. Also give exp to genies to stay at 85 then sell genies. You'll be making money and banking spirit points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Whats your definition of broke? xD

My archer friend and I farmed TT everyday. We made around 2~2.5mil every TT run which takes around 1.5 to 2 hours.

Or farm mats and sell them lol
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Gauthier - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    I have a Zeal genie lvl 83 lp 59/80 how much do you think i can get with it?
    edited October 2009
    Whats your definition of broke? xD

My archer friend and I farmed TT everyday. We made around 2~2.5mil every TT run which takes around 1.5 to 2 hours.

Or farm mats and sell them lol

Very broke xD and i tried TT, but mats arent selling alot atm , ppl are just buying tokens.. -.-
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    I have a Zeal genie lvl 83 lp 59/80 how much do you think i can get with it?

Try 8mil? o.o;;; Someone was selling a 61/80 zeal for 8mil...
    edited October 2009
    Try 8mil? o.o;;; Someone was selling a 61/80 zeal for 8mil...

Yeah but after 60 they get a new look, im just that lucky...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Who the hell buys a 59/80 genie for 8m? Friggen waste of money. I wouldnt even buy it for 1m. Genies are pretty darn useless.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Very broke xD and i tried TT, but mats arent selling alot atm , ppl are just buying tokens.. -.-

Are you serious O_O? The mats my friend and I got was sold in less than 5 hours in AH... We always priced them 30k lower than the normal price and people bought them rather fast...

We are in the same server too lol
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Who the hell buys a 59/80 genie for 8m? Friggen waste of money. I wouldnt even buy it for 1m. Genies are pretty darn useless.

They are not that useless xD Holy path saves me so much time and mp in TTs lol Plus... the pink infliction suits my fashion b:laugh
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    But... damn... 8m for some shiny thing? A level 30 genie does the same thing. Some occasional xtreme poison, and Holy path. Dont see anything else thats useful and cheap anymore.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited October 2009
    Are you serious O_O? The mats my friend and I got was sold in less than 5 hours in AH... We always priced them 30k lower than the normal price and people bought them rather fast...

We are in the same server too lol

I tried to sell dust of stars for 900k-1mil in AH and no one bid on it , and other ppl are selling them for 1mil+, also happened the same when i tried to sell other mats, i even tried to sell the dust for 800k once in WC and no one wanted it xDD
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    I even tried to sell dust of stars for 900k-1mil in AH and no one bid on it , and other ppl are selling them for 1mil+, also happened the same when i tried to sell other mats, i even tried to sell the dust for 800k once in WC and no one wanted it xDD

I see... You are just too desperate lol

I see a lot of people shouting to buy them though... Just save them for now and sell when you see other desperate buyers lol
    edited October 2009
    I guess I'll just farm mid mats, i used to do it but when BH came there were many ppl after them, not so many now...
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Okay well in my opinion, there are a few ways to make cash. Here's what I do:

1.) TT runs - As your a lvl 85 DD, people will want you on a lot of TTs, to make the whole TT faster. Good TT runs are 2-1 (Forshura's Armor), 2-2 (Dust of Stars), and much more. Any gold mats that drop give a nice profit. Best TT by far is 3-3. If any gold or scarlet mats drop, expect LOTS of cash. Normal green mats in 3-3 sell for like 1-3m each. Getting rich by TT runs is what I do best b:pleased

2.) Grind - As an archer, you'll have less repair costs than me - a Barb. I would suggest grinding when you aren't running TT runs, and are looking maybe to spend some "alone" time by yourself and in the mood to kill stuff. If your getting 100k an hour, your doing excellent... I can make that atm by grinding in Hell on some mobs.

3.) Farm - something I don't personally do. You'll want a mount to make this go faster. By farming, you can get the mats and sell them, use the mats and make subs and sell those, make wines from the mats and sell them, or just use your mats for BH runs so you won't have to pay coin in BH runs.

4.) Using events to your advantage - As of current, a REALLY good way to make cash is to buy tokens or items that are made from the tokens. Wait 'till the event is over, and the prices on the items and tokens will rise back up. Then, sell the tokens and/or items for the "normal" price, and you'll make a large profit from doing this.

5.) Got rl cash? - If you got cash in rl and wanna throw like $10 in the game, you can sell the gold for 500k each atm, and make 4.5-5m. So $50 = about 25m I think. This is by far the easiest way to get coin, buuuut it means you gonna spend rl cash to get the coin. Again, not what I do - I've only done this once and only $10.

6.) Use AH to your advantage - Often times people will be selling items in the AH under the "normal" price of what these items sell for. If your good with marketing, this is a good option for you. Lets say someone is selling TT90 Star Axes for 7m bid and 15m buy... You bid on the last hour, and get the wep. Throw it back in AH for 10m bid and 14m buy.... Gain a 3m profit if someone bids, and a 7m profit if someone buys. Many people have items under priced in AH, so keep a keen eye on this stuff. I do this quite often.

Over all, there are many ways to make coin - more than what I stated. It's really just up to you on what you would like to do, and what you have time for. Quick coin is always needed, and yeah... I try to make good profit just like everyone xD.
  • Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver
    Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I read the posts posted already. What is TT? I see people talk about that and 202020 and I have no clue what it is. I'm lvl 45 veno and I would like some ideas on making quick money at my level. Thank
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I read the posts posted already. What is TT? I see people talk about that and 202020 and I have no clue what it is. I'm lvl 45 veno and I would like some ideas on making quick money at my level. Thank

TT is Twilight Temple, On the far west of the map just north of Town of Arrivals. 202020 is a quest where you have to kill 20 of 3 different mobs in the FB69, 79, 89, 99 dungeons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I highlighted why lucky genies sell well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kanye_West - Lost City
    Kanye_West - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I highlighted why lucky genies sell well.

HAHAHA! That pretty much hits the nail on the head!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Okay well in my opinion, there are a few ways to make cash. Here's what I do:

1.) TT runs - As your a lvl 85 DD, people will want you on a lot of TTs, to make the whole TT faster. Good TT runs are 2-1 (Forshura's Armor), 2-2 (Dust of Stars), and much more. Any gold mats that drop give a nice profit. Best TT by far is 3-3. If any gold or scarlet mats drop, expect LOTS of cash. Normal green mats in 3-3 sell for like 1-3m each. Getting rich by TT runs is what I do best b:pleased

2.) Grind - As an archer, you'll have less repair costs than me - a Barb. I would suggest grinding when you aren't running TT runs, and are looking maybe to spend some "alone" time by yourself and in the mood to kill stuff. If your getting 100k an hour, your doing excellent... I can make that atm by grinding in Hell on some mobs.

3.) Farm - something I don't personally do. You'll want a mount to make this go faster. By farming, you can get the mats and sell them, use the mats and make subs and sell those, make wines from the mats and sell them, or just use your mats for BH runs so you won't have to pay coin in BH runs.

4.) Using events to your advantage - As of current, a REALLY good way to make cash is to buy tokens or items that are made from the tokens. Wait 'till the event is over, and the prices on the items and tokens will rise back up. Then, sell the tokens and/or items for the "normal" price, and you'll make a large profit from doing this.

5.) Got rl cash? - If you got cash in rl and wanna throw like $10 in the game, you can sell the gold for 500k each atm, and make 4.5-5m. So $50 = about 25m I think. This is by far the easiest way to get coin, buuuut it means you gonna spend rl cash to get the coin. Again, not what I do - I've only done this once and only $10.

6.) Use AH to your advantage - Often times people will be selling items in the AH under the "normal" price of what these items sell for. If your good with marketing, this is a good option for you. Lets say someone is selling TT90 Star Axes for 7m bid and 15m buy... You bid on the last hour, and get the wep. Throw it back in AH for 10m bid and 14m buy.... Gain a 3m profit if someone bids, and a 7m profit if someone buys. Many people have items under priced in AH, so keep a keen eye on this stuff. I do this quite often.

Over all, there are many ways to make coin - more than what I stated. It's really just up to you on what you would like to do, and what you have time for. Quick coin is always needed, and yeah... I try to make good profit just like everyone xD.

^ This ^

Could not have said it better. Sick of people saying there are NO ways to make coin in this game
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The best way to make money is to have a lot already. If you are totally broke, start saving up until you have at least a few million coins, and only use that money for buying/selling stuff to turn a profit. Once you have enough capital that you get the money you need off of your earnings, then you can spend your profits. But don't go broke again--it makes it much much harder to get back on your feet.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I find for TT runs very few players seem to want to bring DD's, especially BM's. I dunno if I've just been having bad luck, but every single squad I've seen either wants a cleric, herc or barb and the DD's are nearly always the ones who are starting up said squad.

Of course, I guess I could just start my own squad too.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    /faceroll on keyboard, and you get 1 million coins ;)
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Get a rich veno friend :p
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    david12345 wrote: »
    Get a rich veno friend :p
    Heh... very nice ninja edit! And here I was about to totally agree with you! b:chuckle

But anyway, to the OP: buying and selling is the way to go for quick, easy coins. ATM, I'd recommend: buy Gold-> buy Anniversary Packs-> sell Anniversary Packs at 10-15% markup-> repeat.

Unfortunately, you need starting capital though. For example, If you have 5mill, you can buy about 10 Gold and earn 500k or so each time you do this, which is probably 2-3 times per day or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Or you can just hold Warren by his ankles and shake for loose change ;)
  • Ravewyn - Harshlands
    Ravewyn - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is all really great info, i hear from my lvl 75 or more cleric friend, he said that farming TT items and selling them in vendor mode is a great idea.....one problem for me though, i kinda have a hard time lvling up my veno... b:surrender i would get by in lvl faster if i had some extra help on some of my quests
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I tried to sell dust of stars for 900k-1mil in AH and no one bid on it , and other ppl are selling them for 1mil+, also happened the same when i tried to sell other mats, i even tried to sell the dust for 800k once in WC and no one wanted it xDD
    This is a common mistake made by people who think merchants make big bucks by selling stuff at huge markup for big profit. The misconception is compounded by people who think merchants are "ripping off" customers. They see the highest price of an item on AH, think the stuff actually sells for those prices, and try to sell their mats at the same price

The merchants who make big bucks make very little profit. They just sell a huge amount of volume. Go back through AH, look for the lowest priced dust of stars you can find. Then price yours the same or lower. Remember, unless it's a new listing, all the stuff priced at or below market price will have already sold. The stuff that's left on AH (except for new listings) is at market price or overpriced.

After you do this a few times, you'll get a pretty good idea how quickly the mats will sell at a given price. Then you want to set your price so you're selling them as quickly as you can get more of them. e.g. If you're averaging 15 dust of stars every week from your TT, price them so you sell about 15 of them every week.

Any time you're having trouble selling something, just put yourself in your customers' shoes. If you were buying dust of stars, which would you get? The one listed for 1+ mil? Or the one listed for 400k? Then you set your price accordingly.
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I consider this a nice necro.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I consider this a nice necro.

Doh! Reading fail