so i went on pwdatabase....

Options
/Radar/ - Lost City
/Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
i went on pwdatabase to look up the pet skill rare books (to see rarity and whatnot)... typed "strong" in the search... and this popped up: LINK

anyone seen this guy? if you have, got any screenshots? (currently cant get to the area T_T)

also, sorry if wrong section >_<;
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
Post edited by /Radar/ - Lost City on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, he may be strong, but he does not drop the scroll strong, that can be obtained in the Dragon Temple event every Tuesday. I believe there is a 10% chance one of the chests will give a scroll, than you have to further reduce that for it to be the strong one.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, he may be strong, but he does not drop the scroll strong, that can be obtained in the Dragon Temple event every Tuesday. I believe there is a 10% chance one of the chests will give a scroll, than you have to further reduce that for it to be the strong one.

lol, i know where the scrolls come from. i was just showing the random result for the search i performed... it went straight to this mob, didn't even show a list of search results

also, the pet scrolls range from 1%-5% droprate, with a 50% droprate on "Badge of Endurance" and a 10% droprate on "Scarlet Fruit" (droprate = chance to obtain from chests)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • demans
    demans Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    iv never seen that boss, but he looks weak as hell for a something that drops what it drops, 184k hp and only damage of 2.6-3k.....he seems freakin soloable if anything 0_o
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    a boss that spawns every 12/24h. it drops mirages and pharm pots as you can see. people usually know the spawn time so good luck finding it.

others: (the ones with 180k hp, the others are the world bosses)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mtype/19442

some spawn in the 2nd 3rd and 4th chrono maps.
  • demans
    edited October 2009
    Options
    a boss that spawns every 12/24h. it drops mirages and pharm pots as you can see. people usually know the spawn time so good luck finding it.

what u mean by 12/24th? the day of the month or the sever time?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol, i know where the scrolls come from. i was just showing the random result for the search i performed... it went straight to this mob, didn't even show a list of search results

also, the pet scrolls range from 1%-5% droprate, with a 50% droprate on "Badge of Endurance" and a 10% droprate on "Scarlet Fruit" (droprate = chance to obtain from chests)

Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    demans wrote: »
    iv never seen that boss, but he looks weak as hell for a something that drops what it drops, 184k hp and only damage of 2.6-3k.....he seems freakin soloable if anything 0_o

i'd assume he's either one of those joke mobs (like Dodopod, Terrorclaw, and Gomda) that give a large amount of exp for soloing a relatively weak miniboss-type mob.... or he's the boss of part of an event (like the Commander at wraith attacks)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    what u mean by 12/24th? the day of the month or the sever time?

12/24 hours. There's no 't' before the 'h'. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

ah, so kinda like rare pets.... meh, i just want to know what it looks like, i could care less about killing it b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • demans
    edited October 2009
    Options
    12/24 hours. There's no 't' before the 'h'. b:victory

but there is a t before the h...so it realy is the 12/24th of the month? 0_o what time does it spawn then?
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    but there is a t before the h...so it realy is the 12/24th of the month? 0_o what time does it spawn then?

think: rare pets b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

Look again? I just checked to make sure I wasn't wrong and there's definitely no 't' there. It means it spawned once every 12 or 24 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • demans
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Look again? I just checked to make sure I wasn't wrong and there's definitely no 't' there. It means it spawned once every 12 or 24 hours.

er well im talkin about the person who posted the 12/24 thing, im sure he did post a t before the h lol, unless ur talkin about the database bc i cant find the spawn times on there lol b:surrender if ur takin about the acual database...where u find the time spawn i wanna no lol
  • DayzFade - Heavens Tear
    DayzFade - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you want more info just take a look at the etacomb.net site. The mob is classified as a "mini-boss" and as devoted said, they spawn every 12-24 hours like rare pets.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

er well im talkin about the person who posted the 12/24 thing, im sure he did post a t before the h lol, unless ur talkin about the database bc i cant find the spawn times on there lol b:surrender if ur takin about the acual database...where u find the time spawn i wanna no lol

Sigh...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1) The original link you provided is to pwdatabase EU; in PWI he is called Strong.

2) This is Strong:

01.jpg

3) He is a mirage bag.

4) Easy to kill for high levels and therefor he gets owned pretty much as soon as he spawns (explains why its rare to meet him).
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    david12345 wrote: »
    1) The original link you provided is to pwdatabase EU; in PWI he is called Strong.

2) This is Strong:

-snip-

3) He is a mirage bag. Easy to kill for high levels and therefor he gets owned pretty much as soon as he spawns (explains why its rare to meet him).

thx for the screenshot, also, the link must have broken somewhere along the way, cause i was on the PWI database and just copy/pasted the link lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • demans
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sigh...b:surrender

eh...but...i could have swarn there was a t....i tripled checked...wtf...i must be goin insane...
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've seen him before - he spawns every 24 hours, around 5 am (when i saw him) somewhere in the swamps near some other quest boss. I watched a veno from Calamity fly in with her nix and kill it pretty easy. According her it should be soloable around 73 (maxed pet heal for that level) with a herc or nix, possibly with a magmite if it has herc buffs. Gets easier at 83 with the next level of pet heal.
    I'm a man
  • RedBetty - Harshlands
    RedBetty - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    quit sharing my secrets b:shutup
  • Cardea - Lost City
    Cardea - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Spawns exactly 24 hours after it was killed ^^

There are quite a few of them around the place 11 or 12 I think at various places around the map.

If you can get the spawn times for all of them, can generate 20+ mirage stones a day