Game improvments

Psylos - Lost City
Psylos - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
I don't now if someone else make a previous threads with this subject but i want to now your suggestions about what do you think must improve to the game to be better. I am a new player and from other games that i played i have some propositions. First is the lock action bars issue, is very important to lock our bars so don't miss our skills in the middle of a batlle. Second i think it is very usefull to create a keybinding system(E,T,Q e.t.c) so don't need to "click" our skills. Third is the lock system, when you need to take target someone enemy who is locked by another party player is very dificult espesialy when you are in teritory war with so many players.Also the game does not have raids!!, i mean if you have Teritory wars with sow many players why you don't have raids with 30 or more players to kill a boss.I wait your opinion about my propositions and yours too thanks.

Sorry about my English.
Post edited by Psylos - Lost City on

Comments

• Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This would probably be better placed in the suggestion box, but whatever, I'll bite.

Lock action bars: Could be useful to some, but I've never had any problems with hotkeys in the past.
    Keyboard binding system: We already have this. F1-F8 (x3 for alterante skills) and 1-9 (x3 for alternates). The hotkey system works just fine if you set it up beforehand.
    Lock system: Um...you're having issues just targeting a mob? click on it. If the person you're trying to take from is in your party, right click on them in the party menu and select Assist Attack. Bam. Mob targeted.
    Raids: I fail to see the point in this, except for some of the world bosses, which I can only assume you've seen very little of. Instance bosses are balanced fairly for a 6 person squad. Yeah, it might be fun at first, but think about over time. Do you think people will ever truly need a 30+ person squad? TW is a special case, designed for high lvl hardcore players. Most people will never need to worry about groups this large...ever.

Well...that's my opinion anyhow.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Ftp_paytowin - Harshlands
    Ftp_paytowin - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Release new servers and remove anniversary packs and never bring them back EVER again, that should bring a lot of their playerbase back, current servers are FUBAR, but I guess that's the way they like it.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh no, I'd really REALLY love some way to cycle through the nearby mobs. They often bunch up and get very hard to click on - not to mention things like the golden edge which are a single flipping pixel wide.
  • Psylos - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    The point is too improve the game and not saying that everything it's fine. Whatever it is your opinion.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    and 1-9 (x3 for alternates).

x5 for alternates
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psylos - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    One more thing that PWI have is to many lag, i don't understand why they have personal shop in players if we have already auction house.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    One more thing that PWI have is to many lag, i don't understand why they have personal shop in players if we have already auction house.

This part, i would like to know as well, since players in this game seem to not take personal responsibility for their actions anyway, I think all trades should be done through auction house only, to avoid the type of issues we see people complaining about.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This part, i would like to know as well, since players in this game seem to not take personal responsibility for their actions anyway, I think all trades should be done through auction house only, to avoid the type of issues we see people complaining about.

Not only that but it would also create a money sink. You have to pay a fee to put things up in the AH and you only get half of it back if your item doesn't sell. Forcing the use of the AH to sell would greatly reduce the amount of money floating around out there, not much from each person, but a lot from the general population.

Of course, people could always ignore the AH and use player-to-player trades, creating a black market of sorts.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psylos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I now that the AH take too mutch money, but when in Arcosaur are so many personal stores you now what is happend. This are creating the lag problem.
    edited November 2009
    I now that the AH take too mutch money, but when in Arcosaur are so many personal stores you now what is happend. This are creating the lag problem.

The shops don't make the lag since they become fixed, prerendered objects. It's the large amount of people doing the shopping that causes the lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psylos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    The shops don't make the lag since they become fixed, prerendered objects. It's the large amount of people doing the shopping that causes the lag.
    Sorry m8 but you make wrong and believe me i now from pc's. The personal stores are players they are loggin in as players, more personal stores more players in the server and the most of the personal stores are alts and players open multi windows with their main and with the alts together this make lag. Don't look very far just check what happend in other mmo's, Lineage has the same problem for the same reason WoW does not has the same problem or Warhammer online!!
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    About the keybindings:

I would like to see the ability to use alt and ctrl modifiers, but the current system is rather decent. You don't have to click if you know what you're doing. You can bind your important spells to the number keys and lesser spells to the f keys, and quickly page though your bar of number hotkeys with the `/~ key.

You can also use the little green icons on the sides of the bars to rotate them. You can move them around too. I always switch both of my hotkey bars so the number on is on the bottom of the screen rather than at the side.

Only spell I have to click is meditation. :P
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
    edited November 2009
    Sorry m8 but you make wrong and believe me i now from pc's. The personal stores are players they are loggin in as players, more personal stores more players in the server and the most of the personal stores are alts and players open multi windows with their main and with the alts together this make lag. Don't look very far just check what happend in other mmo's, Lineage has the same problem for the same reason WoW does not has the same problem or Warhammer online!!

Oh is that so? Then why does my lag disappear when I hide distant characters? The players go away but the shops don't. PW doesn't allow you to open another client window on the same computer, so I don't know where you got that either. And I doubt that people are going to run up to 8 computers just to sell a few items.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to mind disclosing your computer experience would you? Personally, I'm working on my Bachelor's in computer programming so I think I know a thing or two. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nekkyoosan - Sanctuary
    Nekkyoosan - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Third is the lock system, when you need to take target someone enemy who is locked by another party player is very dificult espesialy when you are in teritory war with so many players.
    Sorry about my English.

Do you mean mobs/npcs behind playing characters?

First targetting with a key makes bots possible.
    Second try shift+clicking on mobs then playing chars are ignored by the mouse pointer.
  • Psylos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Do you mean mobs/npcs behind playing characters?

First targetting with a key makes bots possible.
    Second try shift+clicking on mobs then playing chars are ignored by the mouse pointer.

No i mean when you targeting an other player or a mob if you prefer would be mutch better for an other player from your own party could simply click a small portret at the bottom right of you portret instead of right ckick assist attack. To mutch waste of time.
  • Psylos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Oh is that so? Then why does my lag disappear when I hide distant characters? The players go away but the shops don't. PW doesn't allow you to open another client window on the same computer, so I don't know where you got that either. And I doubt that people are going to run up to 8 computers just to sell a few items.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to mind disclosing your computer experience would you? Personally, I'm working on my Bachelor's in computer programming so I think I know a thing or two. b:chuckle

Mayby you have right because my internet conection it is not the best of the world i say...
  • Psylos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Another idea that i have during my gemeplay is that how about when you mouse up your cursor from an item it will be good to open a window side to windows statistic with the stats from your current item that you equip so you can compare and see who is better?
  • bolloiskrem
    bolloiskrem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Cat shops are great. If anyone here does their Crazy Stone, they probably buy from a cat shop. How would you like to go all the way to the AH to buy something. Not all town have the AH... Maybe just make a limit on the # of shops allowed in a city at a time?
  • Psylos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Cat shops are great. If anyone here does their Crazy Stone, they probably buy from a cat shop. How would you like to go all the way to the AH to buy something. Not all town have the AH... Maybe just make a limit on the # of shops allowed in a city at a time?

And how you suggest tell the players that you will put your shop at the 21:00 and you at the 14:00, i don't want to sell the time that they are few people in the server!!! m8 think in the most succsesfull mmo game(you now who is it, it is not nessesery to tell it) they don't use cat shops and dog shops and other that craps and they work fine only with the AH why we don't, if they lower the prices of fee can work.